Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Just Don't Get It..

The Colonel

T-Rich and APs Rookie stats are somewhat comparable. with only like total yds 292 and 1 td in favor of AP then take into account 2 broken ribs for T-Rich. Not saying he is better than AP but i didn't hear anyone calling AP a bum or a bust or not worth a 1st rd pick after one season.

AP averaged over 5ypc.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you didn't watch him in college, obviously

I will gurantee u I watched more Bama games than you. If you havent watched everyone since Saban got there, then I definitely watched more than you. And please go back and see what he did vs LSU. Look at the NC gm. He was good, but a top 5 back better be great.

LOL at anyone that thinks Trent is better than Yeldon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this probably follows along with like.. 50 other threads out there, but I don't get why everyone is so down on this T-Rich trade. People have a right to be excited about it because the potential is there, does that mean that he is going to become the player everyone thought he was going to? No, it doesn't.. but guys, the guy is a Colt and until he gives us a reason not to be completely behind him and behind our front office, let's support the guy and get excited about the potential he brings to the team. 4-5-6 games down the road, if he is playing terrible then okay, maybe I'd get it at this point but right now, I just don't get it.

If you check the ones who are so negative you will find it is the same ones who are always making negative comments without any links or websites to back themselves up. Ignore is a very good tool to use on those who troll. I have found out it does no good to try to debate with them because that is not why they are here. Their soul purpose is to stir up arguments and not debates. 

I will gurantee u I watched more Bama games than you. If you havent watched everyone since Saban got there, then I definitely watched more than you. And please go back and see what he did vs LSU. Look at the NC gm. He was good, but a top 5 back better be great.

:troll: .  :locked:

but can we agree that when someone says everyone that doesn't honestly mean everyone they mean a large group of people? 

Perhaps some do, but how do you tell the "lazy and insincere exaggerations for effect" from the "gross miss-understandings of the facts"?. More importantly, I don't consider either to be something to be encouraged.

actually everyone thinks that but you..

http://www.nfl.com/player/adrianpeterson/2507164/careerstats

To be fair he's right his rookie year he did average over 5.0, however he's done that TWICE in his career. His career average is right at 5.0.

Dude of course.I'm right. I don't even know why they would bring AP into this. Why do that to Trent. Thats like the peopke that say his rushing yrds were comparable to Jim Brown as a rookie. Leaving out Brown had a better YPC avg in a morephysical league.

Those 11 tds were nice. And he shoyld be a great addition in the redzone. But a 1st rnd pick for a team that needs a lot of help, I didnt like it.

http://www.nfl.com/player/adrianpeterson/2507164/careerstats

To be fair he's right his rookie year he did average over 5.0, however he's done that TWICE in his career.  His career average is right at 5.0. 

To be even more fair the larger percentage of members in the Colt forum agree that GoodLuck is a troll. He has trolled so much he has rendered anything he says useless. 

Talking about me? If so, wrong on numerous levels.

I've been here for two years and I've yet to start a single thread. If I ever do, it certainly won't be to express an opinion that has already been expressed a couple of hundred times in other current threads. My opinion on the trade had nothing to do with my response here. Normally I just ask the mods to merge threads like this, but this has happened so many times since the trade that I gave in to the temptation to speak out.

Regarding the trade itself, I'm largely conflicted. I'm concerned that this suggests a lack of patience from Irsay projected through Grigson. It reminds me of when Irsay was GM, and that's literally nauseating. It feels like a "win now" mentality which I don't think is justified. I don't like trading draft picks at all, particularly one which I had assumed would be used to select Reggie's replacement or a stud lineman - each far more significant needs than RB. 

On the other hand, I'm not qualified to judge Richardson's ability, I've never even watched him play. He's a Colt now, and the thought that he might be something special is genuinely exiting. Not much choice now but to watch and hope. The trade is a huge gamble that's going to define the Colts management far more than anything we've seen so far. In other words, it makes me very uncomfortable, and think that the guy has to play like Lynch for about the next eight years for the trade to be considered a success,  but I'm willing to entertain the possibility that he might, and I hope to find out that the FO knows what they are doing.

nooooooo.. not even lol.. just in general ur always good Mac

And I guarantee you that I have watched more Alabama games than you.. and while I agree that Yeldon has the potential to be better than any back ever to play at Alabama, Trent was a top 5 talent and has the potential to be a top running back in this league. LSU had an elite defense two years ago and it was AJ's first year as a starter, so he wasn't keyed in on. There were so many factors that led to Trent not having a break out game, it's not relevant.

And I guarantee you that I have watched more Alabama games than you.. and while I agree that Yeldon has the potential to be better than any back ever to play at Alabama, Trent was a top 5 talent and has the potential to be a top running back in this league. LSU had an elite defense two years ago and it was AJ's first year as a starter, so he wasn't keyed in on. There were so many factors that led to Trent not having a break out game, it's not relevant.

I'm a Saban fan, I watch a lot of Bama gms. I'M watching them now. My problem with Trent is that he's not a gamebreaker. He's not a homerun threat. And he's one of those backs that tries to take on bigger defenders. I would use a 1st rnd pick on Yeldon right now. I love his gane that much. And unlike Trent, he's a homerun threat from anywhere on the field. And that Bama line ismt what it use to be.

I'm a Saban fan, I watch a lot of Bama gms. I'M watching them now. My problem with Trent is that he's not a gamebreaker. He's not a homerun threat. And he's one of those backs that tries to take on bigger defenders. I would use a 1st rnd pick on Yeldon right now. I love his gane that much. And unlike Trent, he's a homerun threat from anywhere on the field. And that Bama line ismt what it use to be.

He ran a 4.58 at his Pro Day when he was coming off knee surgery.. He probably runs a 4.5 which isn't that bad for a 5'9 230 pound RB. He reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams but without being a headcase pothead.

Look at these comparisons:

Ricky Williams 5-10 230, 4.56 40 yard dash

Trent Richardson 5-9 230, 4.58 40 yard dash

Now, there is so much more that goes into it than just measurables, but they have a lot of similar traits and Ricky Williams could've been special had he been a lot more motivated over the course of his career. Plus, did Ricky have the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning as his QB, with the weapons surrounding him that Trent has? No.. Some people might not like the RW comparison but I'd been fine if Trent ended up being a more focused version of Ricky Williams.

He ran a 4.58 at his Pro Day when he was coming off knee surgery.. He probably runs a 4.5 which isn't that bad for a 5'9 230 pound RB. He reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams but without being a headcase pothead.

Now, there is so much more that goes into it than just measurables, but they have a lot of similar traits and Ricky Williams could've been special had he been a lot more motivated over the course of his career. Plus, did Ricky have the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning as his QB, with the weapons surrounding him that Trent has? No.. Some people might not like the RW comparison but I'd been fine if Trent ended up being a more focused version of Ricky Williams.

Ricky is one of my favorite backs of all time. He put on too much weight after Texas. When he went to Mia he was leaner and had a burst that he didnt have in NO. For me I dont just look at 40 time, I want to see how fast it takes to get to too speed. It top Ricky less than it does Trent.

For the record, I think Trent will help. The only problem I had was giving up a 1 for him. I wonder how many teams besides Indy would give up a 1 for him.

Ricky is one of my favorite backs of all time. He put on too much weight after Texas. When he went to Mia he was leaner and had a burst that he didnt have in NO. For me I dont just look at 40 time, I want to see how fast it takes to get to too speed. It too Ricky less than it does Trent.

For the record, I think Trent will help. The only problem I had was giving up a 1 for him. I wonder how many teams besides Indy would give up a 1 for him.

Age, price tag, potential, scheme fit.. who knows who else would have. If he had the same type of production for 2+ years, then no way they get a 1st, but with only 17 games and a very average team around him.. You can't know what you have in him. It's just as likely we would have gotten a Jerry Hughes, Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzalez type with that pick. Trent is a good risk IMO.

Ricky is one of my favorite backs of all time. He put on too much weight after Texas. When he went to Mia he was leaner and had a burst that he didnt have in NO. For me I dont just look at 40 time, I want to see how fast it takes to get to too speed. It top Ricky less than it does Trent.

Also, does that have anything to do with Trent sometimes dancing in the holes? He has been doing that lately, but I feel like he will get his groove going and start hitting the holes harder. I'll go back and look at more film on both and see if I see what you are seeing.

Also, does that have anything to do with Trent sometimes dancing in the holes? He has been doing that lately, but I feel like he will get his groove going and start hitting the holes harder. I'll go back and look at more film on both and see if I see what you are seeing.

I personally think if he lost some muscle, it would make him more explosive. Ricky said he put on muscle after college to prepare for the pounding. Trent has always been a weight room warrior. All I know is I remember Ricky saying when he put more focus on getting leaner and getting his speed work in, he was back to being a 4.4 guy and a beast luke his college days. Breaking long runs and still having power to truck guys.

I remember Marshawn Lynch in Buff, and I use to think he danced too much. Then he went to Sea and boom. Maybe Richardaon can be like Lynch. Some of his mannerisms remind me of Lynch or Ahmad Bradshaw.

I personally think if he lost some muscle, it would make him more explosive. Ricky said he put on muscle after college to prepare for the pounding. Trent has always been a weight room warrior. All I know is I remember Ricky saying when he put more focus on getting leaner and getting his speed work in, he was back to being a 4.4 guy and a beast luke his college days. Breaking long runs and still having power to truck guys.

I remember Marshawn Lynch in Buff, and I use to think he danced too much. Then he went to Sea and boom. Maybe Richardaon can be like Lynch. Some of his mannerisms remind me of Lynch or Ahmad Bradshaw.

Lynch is the other big one, I agree. They show a lot of similarities. Let's hope the change of scenery is what does it for him!

If a guy is good does it matter if we give up a 1 for him. So many people acting like we traded a number 1 pick for lawrence Philips or ki-jana carter.Wait until he plays a few games first before getting mad. If he looks worse than Donald brown or kerwynn Williams after three games or his yards per carry go down to 1.6 then we can complain.

If a guy is good does it matter if we give up a 1 for him. So many people acting like we traded a number 1 pick for lawrence Philips or ki-jana carter.Wait until he plays a few games first before getting mad. If he looks worse than Donald brown or kerwynn Williams after three games or his yards per carry go down to 1.6 then we can complain.

Stephen, you know there are some who will complain no matter what TRich does. He could run for 1500 yards and 10 TDs but some will never be happy or accept they might have been wrong. If it's not one thing it will be another. I can't see into the future but I like the trade just for the simple fact that Griggs is trying his best to make the Colts better. Even giving up a #1 pick the financial part is Colt friendly. 2,2 million dollars a year for a #3 pick in last season's draft is pretty cheap in my opinion. I have heard names like AP, Lynch and Martin come up saying they are better. Lynch's salary is 4 years at 31 million. AP's salary is 7 years at 96 million with up to 100 million in incentives. Martin's salary is cheaper due to him being drafted later but the end results of that will not be known for 3 more years. 

That's the only you said so far that I agree with. He is muscle bound and could stand to back off a little bit. Trent was benching around 500 lbs and Alabama staff had to make him cool it. They and him said he could lift more.

That's faulty reasoning. World class sprinters have a very high ratio of muscle to body weight. Being strong doesn't slow someone down.

Richardson is a 4.45 guy but that day he was still recovering from knee surgery

That's faulty reasoning. World class sprinters have a very high ratio of muscle to body weight. Being strong doesn't slow someone down.

it depends on how you train. If you build muscle without speed training you could end up slower. Ben tate is an example of a guy who did both well. He was an 11.2 100 meter guy in hs when we raced. Prob in upper 10s now but he was a 4.440 guy withalot of powerand muscle.

it depends on how you train. If you build muscle without speed training you could end up slower. Ben tate is an example of a guy who did both well. He was an 11.2 100 meter guy in hs when we raced. Prob in upper 10s now but he was a 4.440 guy withalot of powerand muscle.

Absolutely, but my point was that it makes no since to lose muscle to be faster.