Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dan Fouts picks Andrew Luck as best young QB

Maniq

What does Mayock mean here?

“I’d kind of take Andrew Luck and move him to the side similar to the way I did when Peyton Manning was a rookie,” NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. “That’s the way I feel about him.

Does that mean he feels Luck is so good, he is in his own category?  The same way Peyton was so good coming out of college that he was put in his own category by some?

“I’d kind of take Andrew Luck and move him to the side similar to the way I did when Peyton Manning was a rookie,” NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. “That’s the way I feel about him.

Does that mean he feels Luck is so good, he is in his own category?  The same way Peyton was so good coming out of college that he was put in his own category by some?

I thought the same.

That's the way I took it also. They're in a league of their own!

:scratch:  :scratch:  :scratch:

I guess he means he is at a different level

Exactly what he means. The rookie rule didn't apply to Luck, he was that special. Didn't show in the numbers either

Don't kill me for this but Luck has a little Brady in him and what I mean by that is that he just finds away to win.  Whatever we want to say about Brady that is something he has been really good at over the course of his career.

Honestly Luck seems to have Manning's brain, Brady's ability to just win, Big Ben's durability to hang in there and just make plays happen, and the ability to run.  You put all that together and you get one heck of a QB. 

Isn't it funny how all the talking heads are now in the Luck camp ? One good game by Luck and a bad opening game performance by RG3 and now it's 90% Luck and 10% Colin Kap. and RG is not even in the discussion these days. I do realize that RG3 was hurt but Washington was running that QB killing offense when the talking heads were backing RB3.. no ?

Don't kill me for this but Luck has a little Brady in him and what I mean by that is that he just finds away to win.  Whatever we want to say about Brady that is something he has been really good at over the course of his career.

Honestly Luck seems to have Manning's brain, Brady's ability to just win, Big Ben's durability to hang in there and just make plays happen, and the ability to run.  You put all that together and you get one heck of a QB. 

Wow! Does he have a big S on his shirt under that jersey?

Don't kill me for this but Luck has a little Brady in him and what I mean by that is that he just finds away to win. Whatever we want to say about Brady that is something he has been really good at over the course of his career.

Honestly Luck seems to have Manning's brain, Brady's ability to just win, Big Ben's durability to hang in there and just make plays happen, and the ability to run. You put all that together and you get one heck of a QB.

All talent without the Uggs. I hate Roethlisberger with a passion, and can only hope Andrew Luck's talent is shown on the field. No adds... just go out there to play football. Winning.

he could definitely win more rings seeing as how the bar isn't set very high.

Actually, getting to two Super Bowls and winning one is pretty high and Peyton may not be done yet. What makes you think that Luck will get to a Super Bowl anytime in his career. He has got Peyton keeping him from getting there for the next four or five years.

He surely can win more rings..

Unless Manning wins two more in Denver.

I'll bet if you got a Las Vegas odds maker to make a bet on Luck ever winning a Super Bowl, it would be around 1,000 to 1. I could be wrong about that but I doubt it. Getting to the Super Bowl isn't easy. Winning it is even more difficult. There are lots of great QBs in NFL history that never won one.

I'll bet if you got a Las Vegas odds maker to make a bet on Luck ever winning a Super Bowl, it would be around 1,000 to 1. I could be wrong about that but I doubt it. Getting to the Super Bowl isn't easy. Winning it is even more difficult. There are lots of great QBs in NFL history that never won one.

Luck hopefully won't be one of those QB's..

What makes you think that Luck will get to a Super Bowl anytime in his career. 

He's a good QB with a lot of potential on a that's getting better.

Not unrealistic to think he'll play in a Super Bowl or 2.

Even you're hero John Clayton said Luck would win a superbowl at some point.

Honestly Luck seems to have Manning's brain, Brady's ability to just win, Big Ben's durability to hang in there and just make plays happen, and the ability to run like Cam Newton.  You put all that together and you get one heck of a QB. 

Fixed.

1,000-1 not sure if that person has trouble with numbers and math or just a troll but as a long time 'gambler' those odds are not even close and I will show you why.   Take this season alone for example the Colts odds are 35 -1 and the overwhelming thought is Luck would be the one starting in that game not Haselbeck so for this year alone it is 35-1 not lets say just for the sake of argument Indy gets no better or worse in the coming seasons (I know most experts predict better but for the sake of argument lets say it stays steady) and lets be conservative and Says Luck plays 9 more season after this one, Vegas odds now become 3.5-1 he wins a Superbowl in his career.  Hope most follow, I'm sure many will, not taking a stand saying he will or wont but 3.5 compared to 1,000 just saying someone is WAY off in left field.

I am no troll and it is rude to even suggest that. But you are talking about a second year QB and Super Bowls at the same time. That is a very long shot.

Well, I don't know if you're trolling or not, but in the short time I've been here, you do seem to show up when people are dreaming big about the future (not necessarily now) and try to set fire to all of it.  It's either being realistic, pessimistic, or just another word that can't be typed here.  

Sometimes it's just nice to let people speculate about good things, ya know?

And even if Peyton and Brady hang out another five years, it doesn't mean that a super bowl appearance couldn't happen after that.

Unless he loses a limb or eventually gets destroyed behind the O-line, it's probably a good possibility.

Andrew Luck has potential and that's what this discussion is all about: potential.

brady's ability to win?  do you mean having vinitieri on the team?  then i guess you have a point

if you are saying that brady has some kind of special ability to win that manning and other greats don't have, then you are dead wrong

brady's ability to win?  do you mean having vinitieri on the team?  then i guess you have a point

if you are saying that brady has some kind of special ability to win that manning and other greats don't have, then you are dead wrong

I didn't say a word about Manning or other great QBs not being able to win and I am not going to turn this into a Manning vs Brady debate.  Rather Colts fans want to admit it or not Brady has won many games because of him and not just his kicker.  What I was getting at was early in his career people would look at Brady and go how on earth did the Pats win that game and the answer was Brady just found a way to win.  It doesn't mean that Brady is the only great QB that can win games. 

I have to agree with you. I don't see Brady like that at all. I think he is detailed, patient and accurate and that is it. He is also whiny, slow and bad under pressure, which very rarely happens. He is completely dependent on his great oline which allows his receivers to get open.

you're wrong again

I have to agree with you. I don't see Brady like that at all. I think he is detailed, patient and accurate and that is it. He is also whiny, slow and bad under pressure, which very rarely happens. He is completely dependent on his great oline which allows his receivers to get open.

Look Brady isn't my favorite player in the NFL but no QB in the NFL is good under pressure.  It's like saying a running back isn't good when be talked, well yeah.

No, but relative to other QBs in the league, he's very bad under pressure. 

Any QB is really bad under pressure that's why every team in the league tries to pressure the QB. 

Look I am a Colts fan and I don't like giving Brady or the Pats credit for things but I am not so blinded by my love for the Colts that I am not willing to admit that Brady and the Pats are pretty good even if I don't like it. 

Any QB is really bad under pressure that's why every team in the league tries to pressure the QB.

Look I am a Colts fan and I don't like giving Brady or the Pats credit for things but I am not so blinded by my love for the Colts that I am not willing to admit that Brady and the Pats are pretty good even if I don't like it.

Every QB is bad under pressure.

some are worse than others. Brady is on par with Blaine Gabbert when he's pressured.

I'll bet if you got a Las Vegas odds maker to make a bet on Luck ever winning a Super Bowl, it would be around 1,000 to 1. 

Wow. Shows how much you know. There are 32 teams, so technically you could say it's 1 out of 32 to win a SB. Add the fact that half the teams don't have a realistic shot to begin with, so how you came up with 1,000 to 1 is beyond me. Plus, you said EVER winning a SB. If I were a betting man, I would take 1,000 to 1 all day for Luck to win a super before he retires.

Edited by shecolt
personal shot