Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

omg Curtis Painter threw a TD?

ReMeDy

I don't know the details. It must have been a lucky screen, or something. Even Tim Tebow threw a TD this game. Cant wait for the game to end so I can see the highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013082907/2013/PRE4/giants@patriots#menu=drivechart&tab=analyze&pbp=gc-pbp-cd

Edit: Here is the Curtis Painter play. Yea, it was a screen to the receiver, but a TD is a TD.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013082907/2013/PRE4/giants@patriots#menu=highlights|contentId%3A79640&tab=analyze&pbp=gc-pbp-cd

Edit #2: Direct link doesn't work, but it's a scoring play, so there's already a highlight, so it's easy to hunt down. Be sure to also watch the 52-yd Tebow TD.

"Curtis Painter threw a TD?" 

Oh, come now ReMeDY, you're just toying with me right? Curtis actually threw a ball to a WR or TE & got 6 points? You mean he actually kept a drive alive? I have some bridges & ocean front property to sell you too. LOL! 

This has to be be a peculiar anomaly like crop circles, a UFO crash, or something smuggled out of Area 51 right?  :D  Or maybe it's like an unforgettable historical moment like the Berlin Wall collapsing or liberating World War II concentration camps across Europe in 1945...People are simply overwhelmed, dumbfounded, & in complete shock...[Dark Sarcasm on SW1's part here]... haha

Even the Dalai Lama broke his concentration from a deep meditation session when news reached him that Painter scored a TD. The Pope was visibly shaken on the way back to the Vatican in Rome. And even Rabbi's got temporarily preoccupied & distracted assisting young men in bar mitzvah ceremonies briefly over the startling Painter news  :yahoo:  Okay, I will stop now... 

The President of the United States even said "now I've heard everything. If Kennedy can avoid the Cuban Missile Crisis & troops can leave Iraq & Afghanistan shortly for good, miracles can indeed unfold." Way to achieve the impossible Curtis. Only teasing!  

Is this what scientists felt like when they cured Polio too or found a vaccine for it? Sheer amazement & disbelief...

Is a Painter TD the Mayan equivalent of the end of the world? Does the Book of Revelations mention the name Curtis anywhere? The Koran? Alright, all kidding aside, I will stop comedically hazing Mr. Painter for good now. It's so much fun though. Sigh...Yes, I know just walk away now... 

Is a Painter TD the Mayan equivalent of the end of the world? Does the Book of Revelations mention the name Curtis anywhere? The Koran? Alright, all kidding aside, I will stop comedically hazing Mr. Painter for good now. It's so much fun though. Sigh...Yes, I know just walk away now... 

Instead of making fun of Painter you should be thanking him.   :thmsup:       If not for Painter we wouldn't have gotten Luck.   If they had put Orlowsky in a few games sooner we wouldn't have gotten 1st pick.  ( sucking for Luck )  :)

I don't know the details. It must have been a lucky screen, or something. Even Tim Tebow threw a TD this game. Cant wait for the game to end so I can see the highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013082907/2013/PRE4/giants@patriots#menu=drivechart&tab=analyze&pbp=gc-pbp-cd

Edit: Here is the Curtis Painter play. Yea, it was a screen to the receiver, but a TD is a TD.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013082907/2013/PRE4/giants@patriots#menu=highlights|contentId%3A79640&tab=analyze&pbp=gc-pbp-cd

Edit #2: Direct link doesn't work, but it's a scoring play, so there's already a highlight, so it's easy to hunt down. Be sure to also watch the 52-yd Tebow TD.

To be honest..Curtis looked better than Tim did....

..and he'll have a job...

I don't know :dunno:, maybe it's just the mother in me; but I always cringe when Colt's fans make fun of Painter.

I felt bad for him when he was thrown to the wolves in "that" game vs. the Jets and then asked to fill Peyton's shoes after Collin's concussion.

I suppose I also have a soft spot for the Curtis Painters of the world who are trying to make their dream of playing in the NFL come true. 

I don't see how this news warranted a thread (but I suppose it's not officially the start of the regular season yet...so I guess I understand, kind of lol). With that said, I always find it funny when people "criticize" bad players in the NFL, or any other professional sport for that matter. The thing we have to keep in mind is the fact that Painter is better than 99% of everybody living on this planet (that includes ourselves). So, even though he doesn't start and such, he's still a pretty decent player...otherwise he wouldn't be in the NFL.

I don't see how this news warranted a thread (but I suppose it's not officially the start of the regular season yet...so I guess I understand, kind of lol). With that said, I always find it funny when people "criticize" bad players in the NFL, or any other professional sport for that matter. The thing we have to keep in mind is the fact that Painter is better than 99% of everybody living on this planet (that includes ourselves). So, even though he doesn't start and such, he's still a pretty decent player...otherwise he wouldn't be in the NFL.

No he's an awful player.

The thing we have to keep in mind is the fact that Painter is better than 99% of everybody living on this planet (that includes ourselves). So, even though he doesn't start and such, he's still a pretty decent player...otherwise he wouldn't be in the NFL.

I can think of a few retired QB's, college QB's, Arena League QB's, and 3rd string QB's who likely could outplay him. I think the only reason he's in the NFL is because he's young and has played under Peyton and OC Jim Caldwell. It helps he was also with the champion winning Baltimore Ravens. Essentially, his entire success is inherited. Now he is playing under Eli and can say he's played for both of the Manning's. He is truly the luckiest QB in the league.

I can think of a few retired QB's, college QB's, Arena League QB's, and 3rd string QB's who likely could outplay him. I think the only reason he's in the NFL is because he's young and has played under Peyton and OC Jim Caldwell. It helps he was also with the champion winning Baltimore Ravens. Essentially, his entire success is inherited. Now he is playing under Eli and can say he's played for both of the Manning's. He is truly the luckiest QB in the league.

Like Sorgi, he worked hard in practice, preparation and on game day to help Peyton. A good backup serves as part the starters brain. That's how people learn from him. Peyton isn't investing his time teaching a backup for the backups sake, he's using the backup for the teams benefit and the guy has to frantically learn in the process in order to keep his job. One would assume that - like with Sorgi - Painter swam rather than sank, helped Peyton substantially, and that said reference was conveyed to Eli. If he was as bad as you believe don't you think that the Giants are the last team who would sign him?

Also, the man has plenty of skill. I thought it was evident watching him from day one, he just unfortunately suffers from brain lock too often in games. I'm sure that coaches remain optimistic that if he gets past that he can be very effective.

Either way, he didn't "inherit" his position, he earned it repeatedly by beating out inferior QBs. There are far more people of his skill level in the league than you realize - and dozens every year with lesser skill level who try out and then slink home never to be heard from again - which is what the person you responded to was referring to. Painter isn't a joke, he's a four year NFL veteran. There are a significant number of big time college QBs who can't say that.

Like Sorgi, he worked hard in practice, preparation and on game day to help Peyton. A good backup serves as part the starters brain. That's how people learn from him. Peyton isn't investing his time teaching a backup for the backups sake, he's using the backup for the teams benefit and the guy has to frantically learn in the process in order to keep his job. One would assume that - like with Sorgi - Painter swam rather than sank, helped Peyton substantially, and that said reference was conveyed to Eli. If he was as bad as you believe don't you think that the Giants are the last team who would sign him?

Also, the man has plenty of skill. I thought it was evident watching him from day one, he just unfortunately suffers from brain lock too often in games. I'm sure that coaches remain optimistic that if he gets past that he can be very effective.

Either way, he didn't "inherit" his position, he earned it repeatedly by beating out inferior QBs. There are far more people of his skill level in the league than you realize - and dozens every year with lesser skill level who try out and then slink home never to be heard from again - which is what the person you responded to was referring to. Painter isn't a joke, he's a four year NFL veteran. There are a significant number of big time college QBs who can't say that.

Backup QBs are a lot cheaper to sign that franchise QBs. Usually GMs just say who is competent & cheap? Talent is really a secondary issue here. "Plenty of skill"...Skill is relative like beauty. You either possess it or you don't. And how often is a backup called upon to use that skill in LIVE game action? Not very often. 

Instead of making fun of Painter you should be thanking him.   :thmsup:       If not for Painter we wouldn't have gotten Luck.   If they had put Orlowsky in a few games sooner we wouldn't have gotten 1st pick.  ( sucking for Luck )  :)

True, but QB Kerry Collins had just as much to do with landing Luck in the draft as Curtis Painter ever did Susie Q & he at least got the NY Giants to a SB in 2000 against the Baltimore Ravens. 

I was going to ask Painter to sign my Luck jersey, I mean cmon he wasthe main factor in us getting that #1 overall pick in 2012 :)

SW1 might burn in hades for this, but I don't care. SH that was hilarious! 4 thumbs up!  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:

I wish I had Painter's thick golden locks of hair myself; the man will never go bald in a million years...

Just because a person has never driven a race car that doesn't mean they can't recognize a poor NASCAR driver when they see one either. Translation: The evaluation process can still be carried out with no real NFL experience to show for it. Sure, experience is an asset, but sometimes, winning a roster spot is as simple as which athlete can we pay less to in salary plain & simple. 

Whatever  :sigh:

You can disagree with me if you want to Susie. I have no problem with that. But, the fact remains if Kerry Collins had resembled his Panthers or NY Giants field general days when Peyton was out, Andrew Luck would not be our starting QB right now & that's the truth. 

Look, people have every right to root & cheer for Curtis Painter's success, but the NFL is not the "Make A Wish Foundation" either. If I & other fans on this site believe that Curtis is not a good QB, we have a right & a duty to say that.

Could I play QB in the NFL? No, but that's not the point. I'm smart enough to know what my weaknesses are & avoid those pursuits completely. Yes, opinions do vary. Like ReMeDy so eloquently said "He is truly the luckiest QB in the league."

I'm usually not in the habit of praising interceptions or rewarding a failure to move the ball effectively downfield. Why would I thank Painter for turnovers, incompletions, & not instilling confidence in the huddle? Getting a #1 draft pick due to incompetence & lackluster play is nothing to brag about in my book. 

I'm not trying to single you out for ridicule Susie. I'm just articulating my true beliefs; nothing more nothing less. 

I'm usually not in the habit of praising interceptions or rewarding a failure to move the ball effectively downfield. Why would I thank Painter for turnovers, incompletions, & not instilling confidence in the huddle? Getting a #1 draft pick due to incompetence & lackluster play is nothing to brag about in my book. 

I'm not trying to single you out for ridicule Susie. I'm just articulating my true beliefs; nothing more nothing less. 

I think Susie was making a joke...

Just because a person has never driven a race car that doesn't mean they can't recognize a poor NASCAR driver when they see one either. Translation: The evaluation process can still be carried out with no real NFL experience to show for it. Sure, experience is an asset, but sometimes, winning a roster spot is as simple as which athlete can we pay less to in salary plain & simple. 

I'm not trying to imply that we, as fans, can't recognize a poor player in the NFL. Sure, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that Painter is not a good player relative to most QB's in the NFL. The point I was trying to make was the fact that it's silly for us to criticize and "make fun" of Painter when he's 1000x better than most people who inhabit earth. It's like me talking about my chemistry professor and saying, "Compared to the other chemistry professors I've had in the past, this guy blows when it comes to teaching and knowing his stuff." It's silly to criticize him because that professor knows a lot more chemistry than I will ever dream of and can therefore teach it better probably (poor analogy, I know). Sure, I can tell which professors are poor relative to others, but it doesn't make any sense, in my opinion, to ridicule someone when he/she is better than you in that specific "skill" or "craft." JMO though.

I'm not trying to imply that we, as fans, can't recognize a poor player in the NFL. Sure, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that Painter is not a good player relative to most QB's in the NFL. The point I was trying to make was the fact that it's silly for us to criticize and "make fun" of Painter when he's 1000x better than most people who inhabit earth. It's like me talking about my chemistry professor and saying, "Compared to the other chemistry professors I've had in the past, this guy blows when it comes to teaching and knowing his stuff." It's silly to criticize him because that professor knows a lot more chemistry than I will ever dream of and can therefore teach it better probably (poor analogy, I know). Sure, I can tell which professors are poor relative to others, but it doesn't make any sense, in my opinion, to ridicule someone when he/she is better than you in that specific "skill" or "craft." JMO though.

I respect your difference of opinion BeyWatch. I don't subscribe to your reasoning in your reply, but you certainly have every right to believe that hypothesis no question. Just because Painter can play professional football better than me he is beyond reproach & can't be criticized? What? Just because a professor has obtained a PH.D. in their discipline, it doesn't mean that they can actually teach their field effectively to countless students either.

Being trained in anything like chemistry or football doesn't guarantee smooth or fluid application of that knowledge in real life situations. Practice & game production under the lights on a national scene is an entirely different animal. Skill is only legitimate when it is consistently applied with precision & proficiency like clockwork. Painter has a H-U-G-E problem with consistency or reliable application of that training when the stakes matter most. 

Look, people have every right to root & cheer for Curtis Painter's success, but the NFL is not the "Make A Wish Foundation" either. If I & other fans on this site believe that Curtis is not a good QB, we have a right & a duty to say that.

Could I play QB in the NFL? No, but that's not the point. I'm smart enough to know what my weaknesses are & avoid those pursuits completely. Yes, opinions do vary. Like ReMeDy so eloquently said "He is truly the luckiest QB in the league."

I don't think that there has ever been any athlete that is above criticism and we see posts every day that sometimes even criticize the best of the best.  But, I do think there is a difference between criticism and ridicule.

In this thread, you have compared Painter's TD to:

crop circles

a UFO crash

something smuggled out of Area 51

the Berlin Wall collapsing

liberating World War II concentration camps in 1945

the Mayan equivalent of the end of the world

and, scientists curing polio or finding a vaccine for it

You have also asked if his name is mentioned in the Book of Revelations or the Koran and have said that when they received news of his TD:

the Dalai Lama broke his concentration from a deep meditation

the Pope was visibly shaken on the way back to the Vatican

Rabbis got temporarily distracted while assisting young men in Bar Mitvah ceremonies

and, the POTUS said that he had heard everything and that miracles can undeed unfold

I understand that you and others may find what you posted to be funny, but I don't.  I find it to be more akin to the verbal bullying one would find in a schoolyard. 

But, don't let my opinions stop you from having your fun. 

SW1 might burn in hades for this, but I don't care. SH that was hilarious! 4 thumbs up! :thmup::thmup::thmup::thmup:

I wish I had Painter's thick golden locks of hair myself; the man will never go bald in a million years...

Question I love reading the forums here read them everyday, but wonder why do you always refer to yourself in 3rd person? I'm just very confused