Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hernandez Rolling Stone Article

GoColts8818

I wonder when Kraft grows tired of the results of Belichick's* decisions (cheating, poor draft picks, lame FA signings etc, etc).

When a coach brings 3 rings and 5 AFC championships to an owner, they tend to overlook much. Belichick is a proven winner. At the end of the day, that garners much from an owner. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, cutting a guy for blowing off team activities and having a hunch that he was about to kill a person are pretty different things!

I don't know, like I said before, with this kind of journalism you have to assume that liberties are taken and half-truths are presented inaccurately.

Generally, SW1 doesn't trust any "respectable journalist" without footnotes or a reliable way to verify their sources. 

True. I mean Rolling Stone did just do a feature story on the Boston Marathon Bomber with him in a full Bob Dylan style pose on the cover. Very sad. I don't really put much stock in them at all. Haven't for years.

I had a different take on that Rolling Stone cover. That image of the Boston Marathon bomber was essentially indicating that the face of terrorism isn't abroad anymore in a foreign land but just down the street with a neighbor easily manipulated by exaggerations & false accusations on the internet. That's what the cover was trying to illustrate the difference between hardened criminal stereotypes & reality. I wasn't offended by it personally. I thought the imagery itself was quite brilliant as a way to illustrate a changing of the guard & what the 2013 face of terrorism really does look like. 

Certainly, SW1 does not condone the act of violence or the harm & devastation it caused so many innocent runners & bystanders. I am just commenting on the impact of the image itself.  

When a coach brings 3 rings and 5 AFC championships to an owner, they tend to overlook much. Belichick is a proven winner. At the end of the day, that garners much from an owner.

If Kraft & the media were not delusional (see Aaron Hernandez & the notion of a pristine Patriots* way) I'd expect him to consider the impact on the brand. But as long as ESPN carries Belichick's** water, he'll keep skating.

And don't talk #s to me. If Baseball players can get crucified for cheating & its impact on baseball's #....then NFL coaches & franchise's can as well.

"The Patriots* Way": embrace cowards & cheaters until you get caught. Hunker down and let ESPN defend you.

3 rings while cheating

No rings after being exposed & (unprecedentedly) punished

If Kraft & the media were not delusional (see Aaron Hernandez & the notion of a pristine Patriots* way) I'd expect him to consider the impact on the brand. But as long as ESPN carries Belichick's** water, he'll keep skating.

And don't talk #s to me. If Baseball players can get crucified for cheating & its impact on baseball's #....then NFL coaches & franchise's can as well.

"The Patriots* Way": embrace cowards & cheaters until you get caught. Hunker down and let ESPN defend you.

3 rings while cheating

I will never understand why rival fans focus so much on the Pats to the point of being obessed on how the media covers them. I bet you know more about the Pats history than the Colts.

Generally, SW1 doesn't trust any "respectable journalist" without footnotes or a reliable way to verify their sources. 

I had a different take on that Rolling Stone cover. That image of the Boston Marathon bomber was essentially indicating that the face of terrorism isn't abroad anymore in a foreign land but just down the street with a neighbor easily manipulated by exaggerations & false accusations on the internet. That's what the cover was trying to illustrate the difference between hardened criminal stereotypes & reality. I wasn't offended by it personally. I thought the imagery itself was quite brilliant as a way to illustrate a changing of the guard & what the 2013 face of terrorism really does look like. 

Certainly, SW1 does not condone the act of violence or the harm & devastation it caused so many innocent runners & bystanders. I am just commenting on the impact of the image itself.

Agreed. The Rolling Stones were not glorying Dzhokhar, but trying to illustrate the face of terrorism has changed and how a kid that resembled any other american kid could be corrupted to do a vial attack. I think people just saw the image and reacted without really thinking about what they were trying to convey with the story. I was flabbergasted that people were actually trying to get that issue banned and taken off shelves.

I have been wanting to read this article because I just find it so interesting how a guy who is given everything still wants to live his old life and cannot overcome the daemons from his past.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2013 - off topic argument
Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2013 - off topic argument

3 rings while cheating

You delude yourself and give yourself zero credibility when you claim that ESPN carries BB's water.

Laughable.

As is every one if your hate-filled posts. Jealousy truly makes for ugly posts .

Let me help you understand. This is a thread discussing a murderer who is a former member of the Patriots*.

You got it now?

Got what? You chopped my response. I was asking why a rival fan is THIS obessesed to the point of talking about how the Pats are covered by the media?

Got what? You chopped my response. I was asking why a rival fan is THIS obessesed to the point of talking about how the Pats are covered by the media?

i like how you skipped over my response

look up a few posts

Ah, I see it now. Sorry, you have made my alerts going crazy this morning on two separate threads and my posts on this thread were not even directed at you. lol.

I have answered this before but I am a member of many football forums both Pats ones and non-Pats ones. I come here because I enjoy the football knowledge. Of my thousands of posts 99 percent are on the NFL General section.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2013 - off topic argument

How many rings? -grin-

Two lost SB's but a much higher winning percentage in fact the highest in the league by far.

*Mod edit*

Edited by shecolt
personal shot

Two lost SB's but a much higher winning percentage in fact the highest in the league by far.   *Mod edit*

if the genius didn't gain an advantage, why did he do it? if it so overblown, why didn't the public get to watch the footage?

if the genius didn't gain an advantage, why did he do it? if it so overblown, why didn't the public get to watch the footage?

Because Bill's a weird dude and he likes to watch grainy, shaky football videos when he goes to bed. 

Why did anyone do it? The proof is in the in wins. They just keep winning.

Ok, we once again have found a way to talk about the Colt fans and Pat fans differences, but it is swaying from the original topic of AH and the article about him on Rolling Stone.

Chalk me up as being one who thinks that it has sensationalism added to the facts, but it is not all bunk. My opinion is that BB, and by supporting his decisions...Kraft, both know they messed up big time with this kid and will likely not take this much risk in the future. The innacuracies in this article are no farther fetched than the Pats saying they were duped.

Can't wait for this to be a non story in the future.

Spygate was the most exaggerated ...yadayadayada

The Commissioner (the one who knows) obviously did not see it as an exaggeration. Serving up the largest financial fine EVER imposed on an NFL headcoach AND franchise.

-grin-

3 rings prior to being exposed

0 rings afterward

Because he was a film junkie literally from the age of 4?

Please, NFL coach after NFL coach have come out and said that the films gave the Patriots no competitive advantage.

Even the Colts' GM and coach.

So if you're not going to believe them, I can't help you.

LOL man you are slow aren't you?! :)

It was brought up in the context of how the media covers the Patriots*.

3rd time's the Charm...got it now?

Guess I am slow. Don't see how Spygate is relevant at all to AH. I am enjoying though how much the coverage of the Pats bothers you.

Because he was a film junkie literally from the age of 4?

Please, NFL coach after NFL coach have come out and said that the films gave the Patriots no competitive advantage.

Even the Colts' GM and coach.

So if you're not going to believe them, I can't help you.

unlike bb, most coaches have class and won't talk smack about each other in the media.

I didn't see anything posted on this Article but if I missed it please merge, if not check this out.

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

If you haven't read that yet you should.  It's just an amazing read. 

Pats fans this is not meant to be any kind of negative about your team just passing along what is very fascinating article. 

I finally read this.

Interesting indeed...........and awful

Agreed. The Rolling Stones were not glorying Dzhokhar, but trying to illustrate the face of terrorism has changed and how a kid that resembled any other american kid could be corrupted to do a vial attack. I think people just saw the image and reacted without really thinking about what they were trying to convey with the story. I was flabbergasted that people were actually trying to get that issue banned and taken off shelves.

I have been wanting to read this article because I just find it so interesting how a guy who is given everything still wants to live his old life and cannot overcome the daemons from his past.

If you lived in Boston and were at the marathon you would have felt differently about it. The issue was band in just about every magazine carrying store in Boston with good reason. Mayor Menino came out and spoke against it as did many other public officials. That cover was intentional to sell the magazine. Not sure how having Dzhokhar in a Bob Dylan pose conveys the face of terroism and by the way, he is not American.