Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hernandez Rolling Stone Article

GoColts8818

If you lived in Boston and were at the marathon you would have felt differently about it. The issue was band in just about every magazine carrying store in Boston with good reason. Mayor Menino came out and spoke against it as did many other public officials. That cover was intentional to sell the magazine. Not sure how having Dzhokhar in a Bob Dylan pose conveys the face of terroism and by the way, he is not American.

I knew people who lost their lives in 9/11 so I get the whole if you lived in Boston or were at the marathon thing. There still is a major problem with government officials coming out and wanting to ban stuff like a magazine because they do not like it or it makes people uncomfortable. It is one thing for private companies to say hey we are not going to carry this, but when you start having government officials wanting to ban things then you have a massive problem with freedom of speech.  Heck it drives me nuts when government officials and school officials ban books because they have some bad words in it or maybe a bit offensive.

I did not say he was American, but that he resembled and acted no differently than your average teen American in this country. That was what the scary part about all of that was.  His brother was a lunatic who hated America, but from everything that has been released concerning Dzhokhar he had assimilated into this country very well and was living a typical American life. That is what Rolling Stone was trying to convey since the story was how what appeared to be your average teenager went from texting, Instagram, and other typical teenage antics to committing an act of terrorism.  

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew people who lost their lives in 9/11 so I get the whole if you lived in Boston or were at the marathon thing. There still is a major problem with government officials coming out and wanting to ban stuff like a magazine because they do not like it or it makes people uncomfortable. It is one thing for private companies to say hey we are not going to carry this, but when you start having government officials wanting to ban things then you have a massive problem with freedom of speech.  Heck it drives me nuts when government officials and school officials ban books because they have some bad words in it or maybe a bit offensive.

I did not say he was American, but that he resembled and acted no differently than your average teen American in this country. That was what the scary part about all of that was.  His brother was a lunatic who hated America, but from everything that has been released concerning Dzhokhar he had assimilated into this country very well and was living a typical American life. That is what Rolling Stone was trying to convey since the story was how what appeared to be your average teenager went from texting, Instagram, and other typical teenage antics to committing an act of terrorism.  

No Boston official told any stores to ban it. They just spoke out against the issue. Each store decided on their own.

I guess my issue with Rolling Stone is why tell that story at all, if that is even in fact true? There are many conflicting reports about Dzhokhar. The CIA had tabs on him and his family years. I guess in the end I take issue with a magazine trying to paint a sympathetic figure out of a terroist. He made his own decisions but as usual in this country we try to blame everyone else but the individual and in the process we rub salt in the wounds to every person who lost someone or had someone get hurt in that horrific event.

I know many here, myself included, would have like to see a profile of the victims not the perpetrator.

I agree about freedom of speech.

Agree about book banning too.

Seems to toss ESPN's pristine notions of a "Patriots' Way" out the window. But of course Colts fans have known that from day 1.

Couldn't happen to a phonier organization.

-grin-

I wonder when Kraft grows tired of the results of Belichick's* decisions (cheating, poor draft picks, lame FA signings etc, etc).

If Kraft & the media were not delusional (see Aaron Hernandez & the notion of a pristine Patriots* way) I'd expect him to consider the impact on the brand. But as long as ESPN carries Belichick's** water, he'll keep skating.

And don't talk #s to me. If Baseball players can get crucified for cheating & its impact on baseball's #....then NFL coaches & franchise's can as well.

"The Patriots* Way": embrace cowards & cheaters until you get caught. Hunker down and let ESPN defend you.

3 rings while cheating

No rings after being exposed & (unprecedentedly) punished

Wow! Are you possibly related to Charley Casserly? Your animosity runs strong. 

You misinterpret my ability to perform accurate critical analysis as animosity. Most Patriots* fans do.

LOL, really? That's what you're going with, huh?

That's cool, that's cool. I get ya. I think your obvious and unhealthy bitterness about the Patriots says a lot more about you than it does about them, but my guess is that you aren't interested in hearing anyone's "accurate critical analysis" except your own.

Cheers.

Pats bashing aside,the article lived up to all it promised but I question how much of it is legit. I think all we can say for the now is AH is most likely a bad man who has done bad things, and the team was aware of it to some degree. How much is again questionable.

Bottom line, the guy got a 2nd chance because of his talent and he's wasted it. He had no financial need to be hanging out with these guts, it was all ego.p

Here's hoping football can distance itself and move on.

???

I didn't offer. I spoke for you.

No.

I really don't get why you're so abrasive in your posting sometime? :dunno:  I mean it's not like you're a troll like some of our more recent additions. 

Let me rephrase it, your views don't necessarily represent Colts fans as a whole, namely in that I don't agree with them and I'm a Colts fan, is that more pedantically correct?

It's really not that deep. You made a smarta§§ remark...so you got a smarta§§ response. Next time save the routine for some dumb female impressed by you . Be polite & constructive and you'll get it in return.

I was responding to your somewhat presumptuous comment that you speak for an entire fan base. It was exactly a routine more a backhanded way of saying i'd prefer to speak for myself. I mean come on you don't think you sound a bit arrogant with that one (honest question)? 

"Dumb" female.... nice!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0091906814