Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adongo

PrincetonTiger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes from Chuck Pagano on Adongo, via Marcus Dugan of Colts Authority

“He wants to go in the worst way but until he has a full understanding of everything that’s going on,” he said of Adongo. “I’m not worried about him giving effort. I’m not worried about him knowing what to do.

“I’m just worried about the speed of the game and our opponent and something happening to him. Guys have been playing 5, 6, 7 years in the league running down on a kickoff and don’t see a trap block coming. I just don’t want to throw him into a situation like that right now where he doesn’t have a full grasp of everything going on. I don’t want to do that to that kid.”

We won't know exactly now, will we, until all the cuts are made...but there sure as heck will be at least 8 REAL football players who are more valuable to the Colts than Dong-O.

???

Adongo is a real football player. He is curently on an NFL team's roster. A very good team. "You" aren't a real football player.

Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see if he can make the PS and get coached up.

We won't know exactly now, will we, until all the cuts are made...but there sure as heck will be at least 8 REAL football players who are more valuable to the Colts than Dong-O.

Then you can't say there are to many good players ahead of him who are PS worthy when neither you nor the rest of us know who will be on the PS. For all we know they could see something in him that's PS worthy or they could be going "Meh we tried the experiment it failed time to move on"

He's as real of a football player as anyone else on the roster and even though he's new to the sport he's showing something to stick around as long as he has. Need to get outta here with that "REAL football players" junk  :spit:

He has not played because he is not experience enough. Lack of experience could get him seriously hurt. I believe he is being held to the last cut so teams can't bring him in to see what he's got. As a last cut he should make it to PS easier. If he has shown enough talent in practice it would be enough to put him on PS so he can learn and compete next year.

He has not played because he is not experience enough. Lack of experience could get him seriously hurt. I believe he is being held to the last cut so teams can't bring him in to see what he's got. As a last cut he should make it to PS easier. If he has shown enough talent in practice it would be enough to put him on PS so he can learn and compete next year.

agreed

if the Colts were going to wash their hands of Daniel they would have cut him the first cuts

the only way he can learn is play in a pre-season game why hold him out I don't get that.

He needs to learn more in a practice setting first....   game speed is simply way too fast for him right now...

Here are some good Pagano quotes posted earlier in this thread....    they address your concerns....

“He wants to go in the worst way but until he has a full understanding of everything that’s going on,” he said of Adongo. “I’m not worried about him giving effort. I’m not worried about him knowing what to do.

“I’m just worried about the speed of the game and our opponent and something happening to him. Guys have been playing 5, 6, 7 years in the league running down on a kickoff and don’t see a trap block coming. I just don’t want to throw him into a situation like that right now where he doesn’t have a full grasp of everything going on. I don’t want to do that to that kid.”

It's hard not to be excited by his athleticism and size. These projects often don't work out, but it's always worth a few misses to find that one big hit.

Colts.com says he has gained 10-12 lbs since he came to the US. He might be around 270 lbs with speed. Maybe we trade Rayford and keep Adongo.

You seem in a bit of a hurry to get rid of a guy that has played very well this offseason for a player thats been irrelevant to this point

Adongo has not played Pagano says he is not ready and will not play vs Bengals. He will not make the practice squad.

I think he makes the PS.  Like Redding said, you see glimpses of excellence in him.  Why would we keep him past 75, knowing he isn't going to play a preseason game, if we don't have bigger plans for him?

I think he makes the PS.  Like Redding said, you see glimpses of excellence in him.  Why would we keep him past 75, knowing he isn't going to play a preseason game, if we don't have bigger plans for him?

There were no painful cuts to get to 75 (not one) that's why he survived. I think he is so much of a project that he won't land on someone else's PS either so we'll just bring him back next year. PS is for a player who could play in an emergency and if you can't even make the field for a single play in the preseason when you are completely healthy and especially not on the field for even a play in the 4th game and ruled out before the 4th game......well I think that means something.

agreed and why would Colts.com have a profile on him if was going to gone for good.