Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suh article on 'late hit' vs Browns...

mvbighead

Really NFL.com?  Really?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000230542/article/ndamukong-suh-up-to-his-old-tricks-against-browns?campaign=Twitter_atl

In a bang bang play, Suh nails T-Rich and knocks him out of bounds... hard.  Since Rich put his foot on the line the instant he got smashed, we're going to say that was a "vintage" Suh late hit.

Long story short, if an offensive ball carrier is skirting the sidelines and gets smashed to be knocked out of bounds, it's a football play.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Article should read, if you don't want to get punished, step out of bounds before the freight train takes your head off.

Really NFL.com?  Really?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000230542/article/ndamukong-suh-up-to-his-old-tricks-against-browns?campaign=Twitter_atl

In a bang bang play, Suh nails T-Rich and knocks him out of bounds... hard.  Since Rich put his foot on the line the instant he got smashed, we're going to say that was a "vintage" Suh late hit.

Long story short, if an offensive ball carrier is skirting the sidelines and gets smashed to be knocked out of bounds, it's a football play.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Article should read, if you don't want to get punished, step out of bounds before the freight train takes your head off.

Yeah, i don't like Suh but there was nothing wrong with that.

What else is he supposed to do in that situation? He doesn't know for sure that Richardson is out of bounds and he needs to make sure that he is. The easiest way to do that is to blast him.

Good hit imo.

I am all for protecting players that are defenseless, but Richardson was not making any attempt to go out of bounds so Suh hit him as hard as he could to stop the play.  What is the problem there?  What is Suh supposed to do?  Is he just supposed to lightly push Richardson and hope that he had enough force to push him out of bounds?  

If Richardson had stepped out of bounds and then Suh hit him then they have a story about a late hit, but this was just a good hit. If people want to start flagging hits like that then they really should just turn this into flag football.

I guess they may have been referring to the later play when he hit Weeden.  But Kosar referred to the hit on Trich as late.  If it was late, it was by .005 seconds.  And if you call that late... I don't know what to say here.

Yeah....that play on T-Rich was legal and no doubt why Suh didn't get flagged. The refs got that one right, as was the Weeden flag the right call.

Suh's bigger problem continues to be his lack of discipline and defiance regarding his nasty style of play.

On a perennial playoff team with 52 other solid players....such as James Harrison when he was with Pittsburgh....those traits are often heralded.

On an underachieving, toilet-dwelling team like the Detroit Lions....a study in poor on-field discipline....they're a big problem.

Yeah, i don't like Suh but there was nothing wrong with that.

What else is he supposed to do in that situation? He doesn't know for sure that Richardson is out of bounds and he needs to make sure that he is. The easiest way to do that is to blast him.

Good hit imo.

As a Cornhusker, Suh was a great player with very little on field issues.

In the pros, I dunno if the money changed him, or if he upped his "game" due to the level of competition increasing and trying to prove himself, but he is definitely not a poster boy anymore.  I sure wish that would change, because he was such a great player in college and didn't give anyone a reason not to like him.

I'm not familiar with this play but it seems somewhat legit. However, I do remember last year when the Colts played Detroit, Andrew ran out and around to the sideline being chased by Suh and Suh fell flat on his butt. Now that was a play that made me laugh. Suh almost got him then bam, Suh to the ground lol.

sorry folks I can not agree with the posters on this one and I support the article . . . it was a hard hit and imo it was an unnecessary hit . . . the guy was going out of bounds, no need to clock the guy . . . Suh knew it and did what he did . . . no it was not a late hit as he was not out of bounds at the point of contact, but he was going out of bounds and to that extent was giving himself up to a degree . . .

I harken the hit to one of a WR coming down the field and catches the ball and as a result of the catch falls down or falls down while making a cut, now he is still live and can get up and run, but if a defender is heading towards him at speed he has a choice, he can either slow up and land near or on top of him and touch him down with two hands (which we see 100s of times), or he can continue his speed and drive his shoulder into the WR back between the shoulders blades . . . now there may be some who wish to stroke their testosterone levels and claim the latter is "just a hard football play" I find it cheap and unnecessary and feel the former is the way to go . . .

Suh knew what he was doing, and like a defender unnecessarily drilling a downed WR, he wanted to get in a hard hit that was technically within the rules . . .

as for the hi