Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Anderson and Rodrick Rumble waived; LB Shawn Loiseau added.

Dustin

Even though Rumble had a cool name, based on his performance in camp it was hard seeing him last long with Whalen, Kelley, and Brazill all doing better in camp, which is obvious today.

I'm interested to see Ashante though.

Shawn Loiseau is an ILB from Merrimack College and was an undrafted free agent in 2012 and became a dirty Texan before getting cut before last season. Grigs sure does love bringing in LBs lol.

Even though Rumble had a cool name, based on his performance in camp it was hard seeing him last long with Whalen, Kelley, and Brazill all doing better in camp, which is obvious today.

I'm interested to see Ashante though.

Shawn Loiseau is an ILB from Merrimack College and was an undrafted free agent in 2012 and became a dirty Texan before getting cut before last season. Grigs sure does love bringing in LBs lol.

We had Loiseau part of the year last year. Thought he was a practice player only. Do we have so many injuries with the ILBs that we needed to bring him back?

Not surprised, Anderson has been tossed around  as if he was a human mannequin throughout training camp by Werner,Mathis, and Sidbury. Cleary won't be there for too long as well.

Pagano said Anderson will revert to IR if he clears waivers.  Sounds like the guy hasn't been healthy since he left college.

Guest TeamLoloJones

These recent moves could be just injury related, but I get the feeling Gringson is doing what I heard him say in an interview recently.  He's seeing players at the back end of the 90 that just aren't going to help us.  Might as well keep churning the last few roster spots until someone sticks.

Grigson has signed 2 guys(R. Hughes, and Loiseau) that were cut in April

I am confused why SL was resigned. 

Must be injuries with the ILBs that we haven't heard about. Supposedly Prime was the next to be cut but it was Rumble instead.

I think everyone makes too big a deal about most of these signings we are making (not necessarily anyone in particular). The 53 man roster is pretty much all but decided with the exception of probably 3 guys. Most of these moves are to make sure we have numbers to get through the preseason games to make sure we can rest our starters and quality players. Unless we sign a FA that has a history behind him the chances are we are just moving bodies around to have players to get us through TC and preseason...nothing more.

If he was good they wouldn't have waived him regardless of the injury, Anderson was the worst o-linemen at camp.

He was athletic enough for them to move him from G last year to T this year. He may have never recovered from his injuries of last year. He had similar injuries in college. Luttrus, McKinney, Edds all were let go because of injuries. This does not bode well for Angerer.

He was just practicing yesterday i understand his injury history but if a player is good, you don't cut him. Anderson has played bad all throughout training camp.

Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai were cut last year, Ryan Lilja was given an injury settlement and then played for KC.

I think everyone makes too big a deal about most of these signings we are making (not necessarily anyone in particular). The 53 man roster is pretty much all but decided with the exception of probably 3 guys. Most of these moves are to make sure we have numbers to get through the preseason games to make sure we can rest our starters and quality players. Unless we sign a FA that has a history behind him the chances are we are just moving bodies around to have players to get us through TC and preseason...nothing more.

Hughes and .loiseau were signed because they knew this system.

Grigson has signed 2 guys(R. Hughes, and Loiseau) that were cut in April

I am confused why SL was resigned. 

Probably because he's been here before and doesn't need to be caught up to speed to just play on Sunday or participate in camp. Breaking in another ILB wouldn't do much good, especially considering the depth of the current competition.

Which is not to say that these are the greatest ILBs around, but rather that he certainly doesn't appear to be a  guy to compete with Sheppard, Conner, McNary, and Angerer.

At least to me, anyway.