Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Embraces Old School Attack

http://heraldbulletin.com/sports/x596957398/Luck-embraces-old-school-embrace

Old, new, whatever works," Luck said Saturday after reporting for training camp at Anderson University. "Hopefully, this offense works for us. I think it will. I've got a lot of confidence. There's a bit of an old-school mentality of you got to be able to run the ball and play-action hopefully comes from that. Whatever works, and hopefully it works for us...."I think it'll be a detailed, exact offense," Luck said. "We have a fullback now as opposed to last year. That'll be the biggest difference I think people notice. Personnel and formations change a little bit because of that. It's still football. At the end of the day, football is football whether you're (new Philadelphia Eagles head coach) Chip Kelly of whatever offense you're running. It's football...."I love camp," Luck said. "Last night, going to bed, it's like you're a little kid before your first day of school. You're nervous. You don't know what to expect. It's a nice way to sort of forget about the world and focus on football. It's simple in that way, and I enjoy it. It's fun.

12 is very special his enthusiasm & attitude is awesome he's like a lil kid on Christmas morning he has new toys & he's ready to play & prove his self & like 18 before him he will .

With the changes" Pep Hamilton " & new personnel on D , This years Colts will be better than 2012 IMO   . Of course I'm a homer.

Man, the forum is running now. Seem like every time I refresh the page it's a new thread. Let's keep it going people! Colts football is on it's way

I assume there is also going to be plenty of Apple Juice sippin for ya while browsing all these new threads. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• In Young's case, he profiled as a Safety when he enrolled at Ohio State and then switched to Linebacker much like the draftee Jaylon Carlies enrolling as a CB then switched to the SS/LB role at Missouri.   Youngs two years as a starter at KU (Compares favorably to Carlies): 25 Games, 101 Tackles, 10.5 for loss, 6 sacks, 2 Ints, 6 PD, 1 FF - converted from S to LB at KU Key Measurables: 6'3" w/33" Arms, 4.56 40-yard dash   Carlies 3 years as a starter as a hybrid SS/LB at Missouri: 38 games, 212 Tackles, 11.5 for loss, 3 sacks, 9 Ints, 9 PD, 3 FF, 1 FR - converted from CB to hybrid SS/LB Key Measurables: 6'3" w/34.25" Arms, 4.50 40-yard dash   Key Measurables in the past for successful Colts Linebackers: Leonard: 6'2" w/34.375 Arms, 40-yard dash skewed due to injury but still ran a 4.70 (we know it was likely closer to 4.5) Okereke: 6'1" w/34.5" Arms, 4.58 40-yard dash Speed: 6'4" w/33.25 Arms, 4.60 40-yard dash   In comparison to LB's we let walk or cut due to low production: Anthony Walker: 6'1" w/30.375" Arms, 4.65 40-yard dash (decent stats) Matthew Adams: 6'0" w/31.25" Arms, 4.63 40-yard dash - pretty much drafted as a Special teamer only Jordan Glasgow: 6'0" w/30.625" Arms, Only drafted for special teams play   The one true outlier (as he said at the 2024 NFL Draft - he shouldn't be standing up there): Zaire Franklin: 6'0" w/31.75" Arms, 4.62 40-yard dash - All heart and soul   The Current crop of Back-up and/or PS linebackers on the roster from 2023: McGrone: 6'1" w/32.125" Arms, Injured so no 40-yard dash time (active roster in 23) Stuard: 6'0" w/30.25 Arms, Injured so no 40-yard dash time (only traded for to play special teams) Ajiake: 6'1" w/31.625 Arms, 4.60 40-yard dash time (PS player in 23) Anderson: 6'3" w/29.25" Arms, 4.53 40-yard dash time (PS player in 23 with 1-2 games as a ST's) Harrison: 6'2" w/33.375" Arms, 4.63 40-yard dash (50/50 player last year as he transitioned to LB on the PS) Olubi: 6'0" w/31.75" Arms, 4.45 40-yard dash (active roster in 23 with a couple starts)   Olubi (good speed) and Harrison (length) are likely keepers which gives Young a clear opportunity to take the 3rd back-up role as a core special teamer and possibly work his way into a 3rd and Passing Distance coverage backer like I envision Carlies being as well. So Speed and Franklin play the running downs and those two come in to play coverage.    Also makes me wonder if MAYBE they give Harrison run at SS/Box Safety and move Blackmon back to FS?    Not forgetting Pennix.........he is a BIG BOY at 6'2" & 234lbs who has lined up at RB, FB, HB, and TE in College and was productive that ran a 4.59 forty - only faster TE we have is Mallory and there is no RB bigger than him, but he is faster than Sermon though and they have eerily similar RAS score measurables except Pennix is WAY bigger, just sayin'. I'm going to say it was his versatility that caused him to go undrafted because he didn't do enough at any one position so evaluators had a hard time determining how he could be used!??! But a creative offensive mind like SS can certainly figure out how to use him all over the offense - short yardage back, fullback, HB/TE leaking out into the zones, in-line blocker as a TE. I am interested in seeing what they do with him in open practices and minicamp. Ultimately, he could take one of the back-up roles behind JT and maybe even make someone like Granson expendable (probably not but stranger things have happened)   ****Disclaimer, yes, I know I only focused on the measurements of the player and not what they have done in practice or pre-season games. Given this teams propensity to like certain measurements for certain positions I don't feel like this is a "bad take".......      
    • Has anyone who has been paying attention to Latu or to Gus Bradley learned if Latu will play the LEFT defensive end or the LEO, the RIGHT defensive end?      Has that been confirmed by anyone?!?      Asking for a few thousand friends here…..   Thanks in advance….  
    • Chad Kelly’s only real impact for the Colts was the pre-season, something Sam has been better at since he’s been here.  Even then we saw how over whelmed Sam looked playing in a real game.  The logically conclusion is Kelly would have too.  Don’t fall for the pre-season trap.  The jump from back up to third string pre-season QB to NFL starter in a regular season game is the size of the Grand Canyon.  Let’s not forget Curtis Painter once looked good enough in the pre-season that some fans actually thought he could be developed into Peyton’s replacement and we all saw how that played out.     Rather anyone likes Kelly or not is irrelevant to the fact he’s had a tone of tape out there for NFL teams to see.  We know NFL teams will give just about anyone they think can be a franchise QB a chance to at least look at him.  The fact no NFL teams have come calling for even a tryout since the Colts released him tells you what teams think of him.     Fans can like him all they want that and $20 will get you a “value meal” at McDonalds.  He’s not some superstar who never got his chance, he’s a pre-season darling who isn’t good enough for regular season football.  Those are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  It’s not that people don’t like or aren’t a fan, in fact I’d argue he’d be a major underdog that most people would cheer for, it’s they have seen this before and recognize it for what it is.  
    • He runs faster than I can watch!!!!!!!
    • Yeah, we both have a chance now. I'd love our teams to face in the NBA finals. Would be a lot of fun. Hopefully we keep winning.
  • Members

• coltsfan1965

coltsfan1965 84

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 92

• tfunky14

tfunky14 171

• Kirie89

Kirie89 6

• Jonmal7

Jonmal7 22

• MarquisJ