Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 07/22 "COUNTDOWN TO CAMP"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Welcome to the special "Countdown to Camp" edition of Question of the Day  :blueshoe:

Let's dispense with the question that you've KNOWN I was gonna ask - but haven't yet.

What should the Colts brass do with the following players prior to the start of camp:

1.  LAVON BRAZILL -  Facing a 4-game suspension for a SECOND violation of the leagues substance abuse policy.

2.  WESLYE SAUNDERS - Facing a 4-game suspension for a SECOND violation of the leagues substance abuse policy.

3.  DELONE CARTER -  Ordered to pay $40,000 plus medical costs to a man whom he assaulted in 2010. 

4.  JOE LEFEGED -  Arrested on gun possession charges in DC - AND - fled officers when they pulled his car over for a traffic violation.

Let the police deal with Lefeged how they choose

Saunders is suspended 8 games so he basically has no chance to make the team.

I'd keep Brazill if he is cleary the 4th or 5th receiver all through camp and preseason. Let Palmer take his spot for his 4 games then bring Brazill back and cut Palmer(Whalen is a lock for me at 4th or 5th receiver)

Delone carter situation was from college so I can't hold nothing against him for that, polian knew that when he drafted him.

1.Cut him

2.Probably gonna get cut anyway in my opinion, I think this suspension just sealed

3.Probably cut anyway but its worth noting the incident happened 3 years ago, lets not hold onto grudges but see how he has grown since then, regardless cut

4.Cut him

You keep all of them if they perform well in training camp and preseason.  Only Carter  will be taking up a roster spot until suspensions are done. lefeged will be suspended at some point. You may have a injury at one of the spots they play.No decision has to to be made until suspensions are complete.

Carter will be cut, but not for hitting that guy in 2010... There just isn't a spot for him on the roster (IMO)

Saunders looked like our 3rd TE, but 8 games is too long to wait for a guy who is not head and shoulders better than the two players behind him.. He might not have beat out Cunningham and/or Jones anyway.

Lefeged might not get suspended and we need depth at S... He is also a valuable special teamer. If he somehow avoids suspension, I think he sticks around, at least until we know if Boyett can play. If he gets suspended, my hope is that the Safety position is shored up without him, either by Boyett or Swanson... Lefeged is far from irreplaceable long term.

Brazill should be kept... He has a lot of potential and could end up being better than T.Y. and DHB when all is said and done. He's got blazing speed, solid build, and good hands (so far as I've seen) that's more than any of the other candidates for the 4th receiver can say atm... I hope somebody steps up while he is gone, but I fully expect Brazill to come in week 5 and see snaps. JMO

Carter will be cut, but not for hitting that guy in 2010... There just isn't a spot for him on the roster (IMO)

Saunders looked like our 3rd TE, but 8 games is too long to wait for a guy who is not head and shoulders better than the two players behind him.. He might not have beat out Cunningham and/or Jones anyway.

Lefeged might not get suspended and we need depth at S... He is also a valuable special teamer. If he somehow avoids suspension, I think he sticks around, at least until we know if Boyett can play. If he gets suspended, my hope is that the Safety position is shored up without him, either by Boyett or Swanson... Lefeged is far from irreplaceable long term.

Brazill should be kept... He has a lot of potential and could end up being better than T.Y. and DHB when all is said and done. He's got blazing speed, solid build, and good hands (so far as I've seen) that's more than any of the other candidates for the 4th receiver can say atm... I hope somebody steps up while he is gone, but I fully expect Brazill to come in week 5 and see snaps. JMO

I agree with everything, right up until the could end up being better than T.Y.  There was a reason Brazill didn't hardly see the field last year.  It's because he isn't on the same level as T.Y.  The fact that he has failed testing twice now is concerning to me.  It's amazing the number of guys that will potentially squander the opportunity to play in this league just because they can't show a little self control.  He better have a tremendous TC and pre-season or he's gonna be lucky to make the PS.

I agree with everything, right up until the could end up being better than T.Y.  There was a reason Brazill didn't hardly see the field last year.  It's because he isn't on the same level as T.Y.  The fact that he has failed testing twice now is concerning to me.  It's amazing the number of guys that will potentially squander the opportunity to play in this league just because they can't show a little self control.  He better have a tremendous TC and pre-season or he's gonna be lucky to make the PS.

You are likely right... there was no comparison between LaVon and T.Y. last season. I also think that failing 2 drug tests is not not a good sign for a young player's maturity... My hope is that Brazill matures and fulfills his potential (I think he has a lot of it). My fear is that, if he doesn't have the will power to keep from risking his career for pot, he won't put in the work required and will find himself out of the league completely...

I also like Palmer and Whalen, especially Whalen in the early part of the season, but I don't expect much more than Blair White-esque stop-gap potential from either. I think that Brazill has Garcon-like athletic qualities and could develop his route-running and hands like Pierre was able to do. He probably won't ever be a legit #1 in his best year, but I was excited to see what he can do in the new system. I'm no scout, but his on field speed is truly top-notch. I think he will kill it in T.C., but I also expect that he might get fewer 1st team reps and preseason snaps so that the next guy can emerge for the first quarter of the season. I will trust whatever the team decides to do with this situation. Its not like I have a choice.

:blueshoe:   Welcome to the special "Countdown to Camp" edition of Question of the Day  :blueshoe:

Let's dispense with the question that you've KNOWN I was gonna ask - but haven't yet.

What should the Colts brass do with the following players prior to the start of camp:

1.  LAVON BRAZILL -  Facing a 4-game suspension for a SECOND violation of the leagues substance abuse policy.

2.  WESLYE SAUNDERS - Facing a 4-game suspension for a SECOND violation of the leagues substance abuse policy.

3.  DELONE CARTER -  Ordered to pay $40,000 plus medical costs to a man whom he assaulted in 2010. 

4.  JOE LEFEGED -  Arrested on gun possession charges in DC - AND - fled officers when they pulled his car over for a traffic violation.

nothing.. if those players can attend camp (i believe they are allowed to) let them compete, and when the roster cut-down days approach, take everything into consideration..

for example: if lavon brazill out-performs the other WRs (whalen, palmer, ...) by a large margin, then keep him..

50-50 on Brazill (4 games isn't catastrophic)

If Lefeged gets it easy I'd say he stays too.

The others are probably gone. Carter was probably gone anyways and lastly, to actually answer the question, I don't think we should do anything to these guys BEFORE camp, very little reason to.