Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller facing 4 game suspension.

Dustin

Actually the Texans are "the most likely team to stand in the way of the Colts", and "as a Colts fan it wouldn't make me too mad to see the (Texans) go 0-8 to start the season".

I see plenty of room to root for the Broncos however. It's called "having your cake and eating it too", not being disloyal (which is what that divisive label implies).

I knew I would get some negativity from the Manning fan.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is that me? I'm "the Manning fan".  :lol:

What is your problem exactly? I was the person that you were replying to in the first place - and I took the time to scan your posting history first before replying, and then I worded it very carefully. There wasn't a shred of negativity in my posts. Can you say the same?

You seem like a good poster who doesn't seek to push buttons. We have both been fans for decades. You obviously valued and respected Peyton. All three of us even had the same neck surgery. You can root your way and I'll root mine. I certainly wasn't looking for an argument. It's hard not to conclude, however, that you were.

Please give it a rest.

Mac is right. The team that is in your way right now is the one that won the division your team is in the past two years. The team you play twice this year. Not the team you play once. Some seem to have a " Broncos are the enemy" kind of mentality around here just because Manning is at the helm.

Mac is right. The team that is in your way right now is the one that won the division your team is in the past two years. The team you play twice this year. Not the team you play once. Some seem to have a " Broncos are the enemy" kind of mentality around here just because Manning is at the helm.

The texan's aren't that big of an obstacle to tackle. I consider them a house of cards, with no real foundation. I mean... really. You've never won in indy...never (fact). Heck, you couldn't even get the job done when we had trash at quarterback playing (dan and curtis). That was a game you really needed for home field advantage and you still laid a big ole' texan egg. What makes you think you have any chance whatsoever of going up agains't luck and the colts?

The texan's aren't that big of an obstacle to tackle. I consider them a house of cards, with no real foundation. I mean... really. You've never won in indy...never (fact). Heck, you couldn't even get the job done when we had trash at quarterback playing (dan and curtis). That was a game you really needed for home field advantage and you still laid a big ole' texan egg. What makes you think you have any chance whatsoever of going up agains't luck and the colts?

The basis of the conversation was about which team was standing in the way of the Colts. The team that won the division in 2011? Texans. Fact. The team that won in 2012? Texans. Fact. Forget the never winning in Indianapolis thing, forget the "laying of the egg", we have still won the division twice in a row. We are the team in your way, we play you twice, we are your division rivals. Not the Broncos. Will it be a hyped up game that will be fun to watch? Yes. But they are not the team the Colts should be worrying about. It will be a hard game but so will the Texan games. And you think the Broncos are the real threat, guess who already beat them? Yep, you got it...that "stack of cards".

The basis of the conversation was about which team was standing in the way of the Colts. The team that won the division in 2011? Texans. Fact. The team that won in 2012? Texans. Fact. Forget the never winning in Indianapolis thing, forget the "laying of the egg", we have still won the division twice in a row. We are the team in your way, we play you twice, we are your division rivals. Not the Broncos. Will it be a hyped up game that will be fun to watch? Yes. But they are not the team the Colts should be worrying about. It will be a hard game but so will the Texan games. And you think the Broncos are the real threat, guess who already beat them? Yep, you got it...that "stack of cards".

Let's be honest, if not for a blown coverage play by sergio brown in that jags game, the colts, with a rookie quarterback, a rag tag team filled (not to mention severe cap issues) with the likes of avery and justice would've won the division last year. So, what makes you think you have any chance this year. The texans will win 8- 9 games this year... that's is all.

Let's be honest, if not for a blown coverage play by sergio brown in that jags game, the colts, with a rookie quarterback, a rag tag team filled (not to mention severe cap issues) with the likes of avery and justice would've won the division last year. So, what makes you think you have any chance this year. The texans will win 8- 9 games this year... that's is all.

If not for a fumble being ruled an incomplete pass, or any other negative play for that matter, we would be having another entirely different conversation. There are a lot of woulda coulda shouldas and your prediction of my team winning 8 games this year isn't too far off from your Kirk Cousins dribble. So whatever. You're gonna be banned again by the time our two teams meet anyway.

4th rounder at the most. Plus, they don't play the same position.

....but remember Denver also lost Dumervill......and they need pass rush...help...

Robert is out of place in the Coltrs 3-4 but not in Denver's 4-3...

..The problem is..it would have to be a '2' or '3' and Denver draft choices dont mean much if they're going to pick 30th again

....but remember Denver also lost Dumervill......and they need pass rush...help...

Robert is out of place in the Coltrs 3-4 but not in Denver's 4-3...

..The problem is..it would have to be a '2' or '3' and Denver draft choices dont mean much if they're going to pick 30th again

Sorry mark. Mathis is staying on the Colts. He seems to be doing just fine with us. I think the Colts plan on competing for the playoffs and beyond too.

Denver can look elsewhere for pass rush help.

Yeah, its true. He's crazy about chicken's *. His big dream is becoming the biggest chicken farmer in the world( no... really). He takes it quite seriously.

For real?

Very interesting. Maybe his dream is to also get out of the league sooner then later so he can start his chicken dream while he is still young enough to really enjoy the chickens. :)

I can't believe I am talking like this. This thread has been wild!!! The Broncos/Pats sure have been producing some interesting offseason material on this forum. :bounce:

Edited by Nadine

For real?

Very interesting. Maybe his dream is to also get out of the league sooner then later so he can start his chicken dream while he is still young enough to really enjoy the chickens. :)

I can't believe I am talking like this. This thread has been wild!!! The Broncos/Pats sure have been producing some interesting offseason material on this forum. :bounce:

Yes, i'm quite serious. I'll try to find you a link to it (his chicken farm).

For real?

http://www.jonheath.net/2013/05/von-millers-dream-job-chicken-farming.html

His major in college was poultry science (no, i'm not kidding with you). He has tat's all over his body with chicken's also. Yes, i know too much about von miller.

For real?

His chicken tat's (pictures).

http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=von+miller+chicken+tattoo&newwindow=1&safe=strict&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=vynuUcONDIewkAX3xoHgCg&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=975&bih=460#facrc=_&imgrc=kLUoYe_9MydlDM%3A%3BE9LfLfvgXKJqvM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblogimages.thescore.com%252Fnfl%252Ffiles%252F2013%252F05%252Fmiller-tat.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fthescore.com%252Fbuzz%252Farticles%252F864212-von-miller-now-has-a-chicken-tattoo%3B493%3B494

Broncos options to replace Miller not to good

Denver post gives some possibilities ,

Looks more like Peyton will need to keep s\coring and Running backs must run that ball and block for that, but odds are Broncos will give up more points, or at least longer drives before forcing a punt and Peyton will have less offensive series, sounds like hes back on the colts ,Ofense  caan't run the ball and D cant get team off on 3rd down

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23711980/broncos-would-need-plenty-options-overcome-von-millers

If I am Denver, I want his appeal today so they know if he is suspended so he can serve it immediately. I don't believe the Broncs play a divisional game the first four weeks but if this gets delayed then he could miss a divisonal game which would no be good ...

I am not sure if I can ever remember an off-season when the two favs in a conference had as bad of an off-season as the Pats and Broncs. Brady and Manning better be on their A game from day one ... I expect they will but any hiccups will really hurt.

If not for a fumble being ruled an incomplete pass, or any other negative play for that matter, we would be having another entirely different conversation. There are a lot of woulda coulda shouldas and your prediction of my team winning 8 games this year isn't too far off from your Kirk Cousins dribble. So whatever. You're gonna be banned again by the time our two teams meet anyway.

I think the Texans are somewhere between the 10-1 team we saw the first 11 games and the 1-4 team we saw at the end. I think much resides on Schaub as the Pats exposed his weakness of throwing to the sidelines which every team after that copied. He seemed to lose a lot of confidence after that Dec. game. I think Kubiak is a decent coach but not sure what he is going to do to help Schaub. Probably run Foster til he drops.

In terms of the Colts, I think they played way over their heads last season and now have a new OC and basically a new HC as Pagaon only coached a few games last year. They are one of the biggest wild cards. If Luck improves and cuts down the TOs and incompletes then they will do just fine but the schedule is tough this year too. I would think the AFC South crown is still a season away but I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled it off either.

If I am Denver, I want his appeal today so they know if he is suspended so he can serve it immediately. I don't believe the Broncs play a divisional game the first four weeks but if this gets delayed then he could miss a divisonal game which would no be good ...

I am not sure if I can ever remember an off-season when the two favs in a conference had as bad of an off-season as the Pats and Broncs. Brady and Manning better be on their A game from day one ... I expect they will but any hiccups will really hurt.

play Ravens, Giants, RAIDERS IN DIVISION< & Eaglers I belive so 2 are NFC 1 in division besides Ravens as other AFC

play Ravens, Giants, RAIDERS IN DIVISION< & Eaglers I belive so 2 are NFC 1 in division besides Ravens as other AFC

I don't count the Raiders as a real game. :)

That is a tough schedule to start though ... maybe it is better if he misses games down the road.

I don't count the Raiders as a real game. :)

That is a tough schedule to start though ... maybe it is better if he misses games down the road.

u know me always busy, said its a tough week

if care here is sched  has some tough games sprinkled throughout, unless u dont count Pats ( LOL ) with Chiefs week before & after

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

BYE getting off, already behind

I think the Texans are somewhere between the 10-1 team we saw the first 11 games and the 1-4 team we saw at the end. I think much resides on Schaub as the Pats exposed his weakness of throwing to the sidelines which every team after that copied. He seemed to lose a lot of confidence after that Dec. game. I think Kubiak is a decent coach but not sure what he is going to do to help Schaub. Probably run Foster til he drops.

In terms of the Colts, I think they played way over their heads last season and now have a new OC and basically a new HC as Pagaon only coached a few games last year. They are one of the biggest wild cards. If Luck improves and cuts down the TOs and incompletes then they will do just fine but the schedule is tough this year too. I would think the AFC South crown is still a season away but I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled it off either.

We've addressed one huge glaring hole that has been an Achilles heel for years. That number two receiver spot. Having Hopkins is going to pay dividends, believe me. As far as the Colts go they are improving yes but like you mentioned, I don't see them winning the crown this year. Then again, this is the NFL and anything can happen I suppose.

We've addressed one huge glaring hole that has been an Achilles heel for years. That number two receiver spot. Having Hopkins is going to pay dividends, believe me. As far as the Colts go they are improving yes but like you mentioned, I don't see them winning the crown this year. Then again, this is the NFL and anything can happen I suppose.

Why are you still talking about the colts and texans in a von miller thread? I don't want you to trollout like you did in that jaws thread.

Why are you still talking about the colts and texans in a von miller thread? I don't want you to trollout like you did in that jaws thread.

Well, since you haven't been here very long, allow me to school you. When someone quotes you, you respond to them back on the topic they are talking about. Every thread on this forum goes off-topic. It would be completely boring if everything stayed strictly on topic all the time. Go to class now, junior. And I'm not the one who was labeled a troll in the other thread lmao. It was you, the four-time poster who has been banned and who shall be banned again.

Well, since you haven't been here very long, allow me to school you. When someone quotes you, you respond to them back on the topic they are talking about. Every thread on this forum goes off-topic. It would be completely boring if everything stayed strictly on topic all the time. Go to class now, junior. And I'm not the one who was labeled a troll in the other thread lmao. It was you, the four-time poster who has been banned and who shall be banned again.

I have personal messages of colt's poster's that state you're in fact a troll. I'm surprised they even allow you to continue to post on our site, when you're a known troll.

I have personal messages of colt's poster's that state you're in fact a troll. I'm surprised they even allow you to continue to post on our site, when you're a known troll.

Yeah, I've definitely been trolling for over a year without getting banned. You got me.

Yeah, I've definitely been trolling for over a year without getting banned. You got me.

Im pretty sure this is the same guy that wanted to kill me. He's been banned about 6 times. He's an angry vengeful fella. 

As for Von. I know exactly 'why' he did what he did. Drugs are fun. Thats why they have been around for as long as they have. That is why people chose to do them. 

So is that me? I'm "the Manning fan".  :lol:

What is your problem exactly? I was the person that you were replying to in the first place - and I took the time to scan your posting history first before replying, and then I worded it very carefully. There wasn't a shred of negativity in my posts. Can you say the same?

You seem like a good poster who doesn't seek to push buttons. We have both been fans for decades. You obviously valued and respected Peyton. All three of us even had the same neck surgery. You can root your way and I'll root mine. I certainly wasn't looking for an argument. It's hard not to conclude, however, that you were.

Please give it a rest.

Lighten up. I made the comment as sarcasm. You don't need to word your comments carefully at all. It's all good. I have no problem with you at all. I thought you would see that my comment was made as sarcasm or a joke.

As a Colt fan why should I take the Texans over the Broncos as far as the Colts advancing into the playoffs? The 2 games that the Texans and the Colts played last season were dead even. Any AFC team would have to look at the Broncos as the #1 team to beat because they are the ones who are odds on to win the AFC crown. Last season after all was said and done the Texans and the Colts were as close as 1 play from being dead even. 

Im pretty sure this is the same guy that wanted to kill me. He's been banned about 6 times. He's an angry vengeful fella.

As for Von. I know exactly 'why' he did what he did. Drugs are fun. Thats why they have been around for as long as they have. That is why people chose to do them.

True but as a football star what you perceive as fun has to be sacrificed sometimes.

dont even start that crap.

I guess you can't see sarcasm ? If you would care to re read my comment I stated I would be getting smack for saying anything about Manning. The comment was made just because of the Broncos being the odds on fav to win the AFC crown and had zero to do with the Texans. I for one am not both a Colt and Bronco fan such as yourself. I call myself crazycolt1 not Broncolt. I am dedicated to the Colts and only the Colts. 

As a Colt fan why should I take the Texans over the Broncos as far as the Colts advancing into the playoffs? The 2 games that the Texans and the Colts played last season were dead even. Any AFC team would have to look at the Broncos as the #1 team to beat because they are the ones who are odds on to win the AFC crown. Last season after all was said and done the Texans and the Colts were as close as 1 play from being dead even.

....and we've still won the division the past two years. If you even want the chance to see Denver in the playoffs you have to get through us first.

True but as a football star what you perceive as fun has to be sacrificed sometimes.

I have to go with QwizBoy on this matter. Drugs may be fun to some but when you are paid a great deal of money to play football the drug use must go. Players are told upfront what the rules are and if they can't abide by those restrictions there is always players who will.