Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ranked #10 by Jaws in QB rankings

loudnproudcolt

Still find it funny that Texans fans troll a Colts board. I suppose the Texans fans don't have a good enough forum to voice their frustrations about their teams inability to beat the Patriots.

The Texans haven't been able to get past the second round ever. They are the 2010's version of those Jaguars teams in the 90's that had a few good seasons thanks to a few good drafts and excellent coaching. They didn't have long sustained success however. The expectation remains the same now.

Luck>Schaub

Schaub>>>>Andy See I can do that too.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, completely ignore the posts that provoke me. Expect nothing more from you guys. Well the "troll" is here to stay like it or not.

Who, me? I wasn't talking about you Quizzy.....i swear. I'm a totally innocent, fair minded, objective Colts fan.

What me? I wasn't talking about you Quizzy.....i swear. I'm a totally innocent, fair minded, objective Colts fan.

haha right you post everything pro Texan and Patriot, completely objective no doubt.

Well, if everything I posted about those teams was "pro", I wouldn't be very objective.

Yeah you would. That would mean you could speak highly of three different teams. And not have an undying blind loyalty for just one. Just the way I look at it anyway lol.

Yeah you would. That would mean you could speak highly of three different teams. And not have an undying blind loyalty for just one. Just the way I look at it anyway lol.

I have spoken highly of the Patriots and some Texans players. I have never been called a homer....actually when I first joined the old board I was considered kinda negative.

I have spoken highly of the Patriots and some Texans players. I have never been called a homer....actually when I first joined the old board I was considered kinda negative.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't call you a homer. Sarcastic, maybe, but not a homer. :)

Packers won 9 out of their last 11 games. Falcons won 7 out of last 10. It's not too uncommon. I just see the whole Manning got better thing as a cop out. The Broncos lost to superior competition and lost in the first round of the playoffs. They will have a chance to prove my skepticism unfounded this upcoming season. We simply aren't going to see eye to eye on the Andy/Schaub thing. I acknowledge that 12 was a big part of the turnaround. At the same time, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There were areas he could have improved in and there was a lot of luck involved in some of those wins. Don't flame me for that comment either because our fellow posters have said as much as well. I don't put the onus on Schaub as the primary catalyst for us either. I'm just saying looking at the raw stats, which players are judged most on, Schaub had a better year. 12 threw for more yards and I think had a higher ypa but that's about it. If 12 does better next year and leads his team to a playoff win, you know you will get credit from me. If Schaub does better, I won't have a problem acknowledging it, either.

So, a quarterback who just missed an entire season getting better after a month and a half is a cop out? That's rich.

So, a quarterback who just missed an entire season getting better after a month and a half is a cop out? That's rich.

So he only conveniently got better after facing the good teams. Okay. Everybody said,  " Give Peyton a real team and he'll win as many SBs as Brady!" Well, he got the team, and yet the team still underperformed in the playoffs. But whatever. I don't see how someone can possibly take issue with me saying the Broncos weren't what everyone expected last year. I just don't think they were all that last season and that's why I'm not crowning them like the media is right now. If they go out and impress and live up to the hype, then yes, I will give credit. You know I'm good for owning up.

Why do you call him Andy when basically nobody else calls him Andy?

Idk, just a nickname. I always thought of him as an Andy when I watched him at Stanford. I tend to give nicknames to different players I watch, just a habit of mine if the right name sticks. I call him 12 and Franchise sometimes as well.

Texans beat the SB champions in the regular season and would have done the same against them in the playoffs. Colts got embarassed and had not a single TD against the Ravens.

Since when is a one-score game in the 4th quarter getting embarassed.

Since when is a one-score game in the 4th quarter getting embarassed.

The final score was 24-9. And an offense that was known to score during the regular season didn't get any TDs. But maybe the new additions this offseason help prevent that from happening again.

The final score was 24-9. And an offense that was known to score during the regular season didn't get any TDs. But maybe the new additions this offseason help prevent that from happening again.

Yeah I hope so. Watching that Ravens game they definitely got outplayed however I felt like the Colts had plenty of opportunities to win they just didn't execute.

Yeah I hope so. Watching that Ravens game they definitely got outplayed however I felt like the Colts had plenty of opportunities to win they just didn't execute.

Yeah and of course playoff Flacco emerged and boom goes the dynamite. I don't think either of us will have to worry about the Ravens in the playoffs this upcoming season though lol. I think it'll be Alex Smith and maybe even Tannehill trying to prove their worth in the AFC next postseason. Only two weeks till football is officially back!!! :D

Idk, just a nickname. I always thought of him as an Andy when I watched him at Stanford. I tend to give nicknames to different players I watch, just a habit of mine if the right name sticks. I call him 12 and Franchise sometimes as well.

Thanks, was just curious. Problem is sometimes I think of Andy Dalton.

Yeah and of course playoff Flacco emerged and boom goes the dynamite. I don't think either of us will have to worry about the Ravens in the playoffs this upcoming season though lol. I think it'll be Alex Smith and maybe even Tannehill trying to prove their worth in the AFC next postseason. Only two weeks till football is officially back!!! :D

I would not say that just yet. With Flacco the Ravens have yet to miss the playoffs nor have gone one and done either.

They are a tough playoff team until proven otherwise and I would not be shocked if their defense suprises people this season either.

I would not say that just yet. With Flacco the Ravens have yet to miss the playoffs nor have gone one and done either.

They are a tough playoff team until proven otherwise and I would not be shocked if their defense suprises people this season either.

Yeah, true. But this is also his first time without Ray Ray and Ed. I do believe as you do that they should be given the benefit of the doubt though until proven otherwise. This is one of the first SB winning teams to face so much turnover and loss of players. Will be interesting to see if they rise to the occasion.

Yeah funny how one busted coverage in Denver the following week and all of a sudden Flacco is an elite quarterback worthy of a 6yr $120 million contract which sent  his entire defense into free agency putting his team's future in jeopardy.

Yeah, true. But this is also his first time without Ray Ray and Ed. I do believe as you do that they should be given the benefit of the doubt though until proven otherwise. This is one of the first SB winning teams to face so much turnover and loss of players. Will be interesting to see if they rise to the occasion.

I guess we'll see...I won't be surprised if the North sends two again though.

Could be pretty competitive next year to get into the AFC playoffs in terms of WC spots by years end. Should be fun to watch.

Yeah funny how one busted coverage in Denver the following week and all of a sudden Flacco is an elite quarterback worthy of a 6yr $120 million contract which sent his entire defense into free agency putting his team's future in jeopardy.

I think Flacco got hot at the right time and got the mula he wanted just around extension time. He is being way overpaid as he is not elite yet but as Jules mentioned, they haven't been out of the playoffs yet under him and he does boast the best road win total at this point I think.

I guess we'll see...I won't be surprised if the North sends two again though.

Could be pretty competitive next year to get into the AFC playoffs in terms of WC spots by years end. Should be fun to watch.

Yep. The NFC better watch out, we're getting our swag back. :)

Nope. There's going to be a lot more competition in the South, including efforts from the Titans. We'll never see the sustained dominance Manning had for a long, long time, if ever again.

If we were neighbors I'd wager you a bet that Indy takes the South this year, beginning the long road of dominance in the division. You'll be screwed when the Colts regain a top 3 QB. Until you guys, the Jaguars, or the titans get an elite quarterback, the Colts will be riding multiple titles year in and year out. Be prepared, we both know the Texans and Colts will always at least split games (Indianapolis is kryptonite for some reason), and when Andy gets a rollin', the Texans will be swept by the Colts more often than not. I'm sorry, I know it's awesome to win the division title, but you're going to be seeing a lot of this in the future:Texans_Colts_Football_02f64.jpg

I loved that play, didn't you? In all seriousness, wish you best of luck when you're playing outside the division. xoxo, have fun losing in LOS this season.

If we were neighbors I'd wager you a bet that Indy takes the South this year, beginning the long road of dominance in the division. You'll be screwed when the Colts regain a top 3 QB. Until you guys, the Jaguars, or the titans get an elite quarterback, the Colts will be riding multiple titles year in and year out. Be prepared, we both know the Texans and Colts will always at least split games (Indianapolis is kryptonite for some reason), and when Andy gets a rollin', the Texans will be swept by the Colts more often than not. I'm sorry, I know it's awesome to win the division title, but you're going to be seeing a lot of this in the future:Texans_Colts_Football_02f64.jpg

I loved that play, didn't you? In all seriousness, wish you best of luck when you're playing outside the division. xoxo, have fun losing in LOS this season.

Whatever you say. Call me back when you sign up, rookie.

That's arguable, from a football standpoint. Luck's raw numbers aren't as good as Schaub's (lower completion percentage, more turnovers), but Luck really carried the Colts offensively. And he made plays with the game on the line to stage comebacks and beat teams that we really weren't supposed to beat. As a rookie. I expected Luck to play well, but I didn't expect him to perform so well under pressure, because that's not typical of a young quarterback on a team with new coaches. Yet, he led the league on third down, and the Colts shockingly had more close victories than any other team in the league.

Schaub is more efficient, but it could be argued that he not only lacks the dynamic playmaking ability to propel the Texans forward, but that he's actually holding them back from reaching their true potential. I'm not saying he's a bad quarterback, only that I don't think he's going to be the catalyst for them to take the next step toward winning a championship. Meanwhile, Luck was arguably the biggest factor in the Colts relative success last season, despite his rookie-like lack of efficiency. He made big plays all season long, and with further acclimation, there's little doubt that he can help the team continue to progress as a contender. As you say yourself, his potential exceeds Schaub's, and that was clear in his performance last season. As a roookie.

Wow, I just had dejavu. This comparison reminded me of Brady and Manning circa 2001-2005. Brady's numbers were good not great but he made all the plays to win including clutch plays to win playoff games and SBs. Manning had the great numbers and the league MVPs but no rings...

So how does it feel to defend your guy just based on winning? lol!  But as you always like to say, football is the ultimate team game, right? So not sure how much you can give ALL the credit to Luck ... Reggie Wayne had his best season ever if I recall ... not to mention a defense that found ways to keep the Colts in all the games where Luck was giving the ball to the other team as much as his own receivers ... and his coach did win COY of the year too ...

It's funny to go over to the Redskins' board and see how much they've all pooped their collective pampers over RG3 being ranked less than Luck. Just as I feel with any talking head...it's just one person's opinion. But i happened to agree with Jaw's on this one :)

Wow, I just had dejavu. This comparison reminded me of Brady and Manning circa 2001-2005. Brady's numbers were good not great but he made all the plays to win including clutch plays to win playoff games and SBs. Manning had the great numbers and the league MVPs but no rings...

So how does it feel to defend your guy just based on winning? lol!  But as you always like to say, football is the ultimate team game, right? So not sure how much you can give ALL the credit to Luck ... Reggie Wayne had his best season ever if I recall ... not to mention a defense that found ways to keep the Colts in all the games where Luck was giving the ball to the other team as much as his own receivers ... and his coach did win COY of the year too ...

Who would've known we would be comparing Schaub and 12 like we compare two of the greatest of all-time haha

Oh wow. What a stretch.

Matt Schaub is a six year starter, being compared to a one year starter. An established veteran vs a rookie.

The argument isn't that Luck is better because the Colts won. The argument is that Luck was the primary on-field catalyst for his team's success. The offense was heavily dependent on his arm, the running game wasn't reliable, and the defense was suspect. But Luck made big plays to keep drives alive and to get scores late in games, at home and on the road. His impact goes beyond his low completion percentage and high number of interceptions. Compared to Schaub, who was efficient, but was a part of a much more balanced team that didn't rely on his arm nearly as much. I never gave ALL the credit to Luck. I simply said he was the biggest factor.

The argument between Brady and Manning always came down to Super Bowls. Manning had clutch play, he had raw numbers and efficiency numbers, and he was the primary catalyst for his team's success. He had everything but a ring, and he was penalized for it. That is a debate that neither Luck nor Schaub has come close to qualifying for so far, as they have never been close to a Super Bowl or an MVP.

So he only conveniently got better after facing the good teams. Okay. Everybody said,  " Give Peyton a real team and he'll win as many SBs as Brady!" Well, he got the team, and yet the team still underperformed in the playoffs. But whatever. I don't see how someone can possibly take issue with me saying the Broncos weren't what everyone expected last year. I just don't think they were all that last season and that's why I'm not crowning them like the media is right now. If they go out and impress and live up to the hype, then yes, I will give credit. You know I'm good for owning up.

It wasn't convenient at all. The Broncos had a frontloaded schedule, with Falcons and Patriots on the road in the first five weeks, plus a home game vs the Texans. And by the way, Manning wasn't terrible in those first five games, but the Broncos weren't clicking on both sides of the ball. They had some major adjustments to make. For you to ignore that is kind of ridiculous.

And like I said, for any team to win 11 games in a row is a major accomplishment, in any year. It doesn't matter whether you have the easiest schedule of all time, hardly anyone wins 11 in a row. I don't know what you think everyone expected the Broncos to be last year. Some people predicted they would miss the playoffs entirely, that Manning had picked the wrong team, etc. Starting with the comeback vs the Chargers, and building for the rest of the season (since they didn't lose after that), they were considered legitimate contenders. Before that, there was mostly question marks about Manning's arm, the chemistry between him and his receivers, him and the offensive staff, etc. It doesn't matter that you think they're overrated. That's fine. It's just silly to ignore the challenges they had to deal with, especially early in the season, and even sillier to write off what they did accomplish as the year progressed. It sucks that they didn't do more in the playoffs, but that doesn't undo what they did to get there.

Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl in eight years, despite him being a vastly superior player now than he was earlier in his career. Sometimes good teams don't win. It's hard to win a Super Bowl. Heck, it's hard to make it to the playoffs, period. You ought to appreciate that as a Texans fan. I appreciate it as a Colts fan. 

It wasn't convenient at all. The Broncos had a frontloaded schedule, with Falcons and Patriots on the road in the first five weeks, plus a home game vs the Texans. And by the way, Manning wasn't terrible in those first five games, but the Broncos weren't clicking on both sides of the ball. They had some major adjustments to make. For you to ignore that is kind of ridiculous.

And like I said, for any team to win 11 games in a row is a major accomplishment, in any year. It doesn't matter whether you have the easiest schedule of all time, hardly anyone wins 11 in a row. I don't know what you think everyone expected the Broncos to be last year. Some people predicted they would miss the playoffs entirely, that Manning had picked the wrong team, etc. Starting with the comeback vs the Chargers, and building for the rest of the season (since they didn't lose after that), they were considered legitimate contenders. Before that, there was mostly question marks about Manning's arm, the chemistry between him and his receivers, him and the offensive staff, etc. It doesn't matter that you think they're overrated. That's fine. It's just silly to ignore the challenges they had to deal with, especially early in the season, and even sillier to write off what they did accomplish as the year progressed. It sucks that they didn't do more in the playoffs, but that doesn't undo what they did to get there.

Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl in eight years, despite him being a vastly superior player now than he was earlier in his career. Sometimes good teams don't win. It's hard to win a Super Bowl. Heck, it's hard to make it to the playoffs, period. You ought to appreciate that as a Texans fan. I appreciate it as a Colts fan. 

His passer rating against the Falcons and Texans were his two lowest all season. So the Broncos get a free pass because they played three tough teams while at the same time the Patriots had a pretty tough first few but still delivered? The Texans didn't exactly have the easiest schedule either and they still lived up to the hype. I know the Broncos were doubted by some before the season started, but the vast majority believed in the Broncos and everyone was on the bandwagon by Week 3, with basically every analyst I remember hearing picking them over the Texans. They weren't favorites against NE but that was probably the last game anyone picked against them in. For obvious reasons. I know they faced challenges. But so did every other team that got to the playoffs this past season. I know how hard it is to win SBs and make the playoffs. But when you take those challenges on your shoulders and you are this powerhouse, AFC favorite, when you really don't deserve it, then go to the playoffs and underperform then yes, you will be criticized. The same way everyone laid it on the Patriots for the Baltimore game, though the difference is that they crushed a pretty good team before they played the Ravens. The Broncos were basically the 49ers of the AFC in terms of media and fan hype. They didn't deliver like the 49ers did, though, which is why I'm not convinced. Again, for the umpteenth time, they will have a chance to prove my cynicism wrong when the season rolls around. They'll get to prove their worth starting the first game of the season against a depleted but perhaps still formidable Ravens squad.

Oh wow. What a stretch.

Matt Schaub is a six year starter, being compared to a one year starter. An established veteran vs a rookie.

The argument isn't that Luck is better because the Colts won. The argument is that Luck was the primary on-field catalyst for his team's success. The offense was heavily dependent on his arm, the running game wasn't reliable, and the defense was suspect. But Luck made big plays to keep drives alive and to get scores late in games, at home and on the road. His impact goes beyond his low completion percentage and high number of interceptions. Compared to Schaub, who was efficient, but was a part of a much more balanced team that didn't rely on his arm nearly as much. I never gave ALL the credit to Luck. I simply said he was the biggest factor.

The argument between Brady and Manning always came down to Super Bowls. Manning had clutch play, he had raw numbers and efficiency numbers, and he was the primary catalyst for his team's success. He had everything but a ring, and he was penalized for it. That is a debate that neither Luck nor Schaub has come close to qualifying for so far, as they have never been close to a Super Bowl or an MVP.

Def. not an apples to apples comparison but interesting that you are arguing Luck as the catalyst and big play guy when the team's success in many cases was in spite of his poor play for most of the game. He was money in the fourth just like Tebow two seasons ago. The reason why he had to engineer so many late comebacks is because he put the team in those situations with his low completion percentage and TOs. I think his intagibles are very high similar to Brady back in the early '00s but he is nowhere as consistent as Brady but I think year two will be fantastic to watch his progression and see what this new OC will do. Luck for sure clicked with Arians which is a tough relationship to lose in year 2.

His passer rating against the Falcons and Texans were his two lowest all season. So the Broncos get a free pass because they played three tough teams while at the same time the Patriots had a pretty tough first few but still delivered? The Texans didn't exactly have the easiest schedule either and they still lived up to the hype. I know the Broncos were doubted by some before the season started, but the vast majority believed in the Broncos and everyone was on the bandwagon by Week 3, with basically every analyst I remember hearing picking them over the Texans. They weren't favorites against NE but that was probably the last game anyone picked against them in. I know they faced challenges. But so did every other team that got to the playoffs this past season. I know how hard it is to win SBs and make the playoffs. But when you take those challenges on your shoulders and you are this powerhouse, AFC favorite, when you really don't deserve it, then go to the playoffs and underperform then yes, you will be criticized. The same way everyone laid it on the Patriots for the Baltimore game, though the difference is that they crushed a pretty good team before they played the Ravens. The Broncos were basically the 49ers of the AFC in terms of media and fan hype. They didn't deliver like the 49ers did, though, which is why I'm not convinced. Again, for the umpteenth time, they will have a chance to prove my cynicism wrong when the season rolls around. They'll get to prove their worth starting the first game of the season against a depleted but perhaps still formidable Ravens squad.

Somehow 18 with his multiple $100 mil contracts and football pedigree gets a pass yet again because his schedule was too tough .. unbelievable...then again maybe not...

Somehow 18 with his multiple $100 mil contracts and football pedigree gets a pass yet again because his schedule was too tough .. unbelievable...then again maybe not...

Yeah, I wonder what it'll be next year. His two Broncos personnel guys got suspended so that's the reason why.....I mean come on. I know that Manning is one of the greats but there's no need to coddle him and make excuses for every single time he doesn't bring home the Lombardi. I don't think any other player gets as many free passes as he does. And the ironic thing about it is you'll never see PM himself making any excuses.

His passer rating against the Falcons and Texans were his two lowest all season. So the Broncos get a free pass because they played three tough teams while at the same time the Patriots had a pretty tough first few but still delivered? I know the Broncos were doubted by some before the season started, but the vast majority believed in the Broncos and everyone was on the bandwagon by Week 3, with basically every analyst I remember hearing picking them over the Texans. They weren't favorites against NE but that was probably the last game anyone picked against them in. I know they faced challenges. But so did every other team that got to the playoffs this past season. I know how hard it is to win SBs and make the playoffs. But when you take those challenges on your shoulders and you are this powerhouse, AFC favorite, when you really don't deserve it, then go to the playoffs and underperform then yes, you will be criticized. The same way everyone laid it on the Patriots for the Baltimore game, though the difference is that they crushed a pretty good team before they played the Ravens. The Broncos were basically the 49ers of the AFC in terms of media and fan hype. They didn't deliver like the 49ers did, though, which is why I'm not convinced. Again, for the umpteenth time, they will have a chance to prove my cynicism wrong when the season rolls around. They'll get to prove their worth starting the first game of the season against a depleted but perhaps still formidable Ravens squad.

The Patriots started out 3-3, just like the Broncos did. And I'm not giving the Broncos a pass, I'm just saying that they obviously had different challenges to work through than the Patriots (or any other contender last season). And you're pretty much basing your entire argument on the fact that they lost the first game of the playoffs. That is a terrible way to go out, but it doesn't undo the accomplishments they made up to that point. Your skepticism is based on the fact that they underperformed in the playoffs, and that's fine. I'm not worried about what they'll do next year, or about the preseason expectations. I think it's normal for a team that ends the season by winning 11 games in a row to be expected to do something in the playoffs. And I think it's normal for that same team to be expected to be good the following season, especially considering the way they lost last year. It's not like they got dominated. They would have won if not for a mental mistake by a young safety. 

The Broncos were a good team last year, and will likely be a good time this year. I don't have a problem with you selling on them, that's fine. What I disagree with is the notion that they didn't get better as the season went on.