Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ranked #10 by Jaws in QB rankings

loudnproudcolt

Aaron Rodgers was manhandled all season as well but he was still his spectacular self. Again, I believe that the potential is there, and I do give Andy credit for managing with what he had. That said, I still don't think that's cause to believe he is better than every other QB in the league. (Exaggeration, of course.)

No one said Luck was better than Rodgers and the Colt line was the leagues worst . We just said he was better than your guy.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 14, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, July 14, 2013 - personal argument

I have a full-time job and I am a college student. I love my leisure when I get it. And check out my likes on my profile...it seems my posts have a little merit to them than some just thinking they are lame because I cheer for another team. ;)

Hopefully you are a better student than you are a judge of football talent

haha we might as well Barry, the thread is going to be closed anyway. Just a feeling. And yeah, I didn't know Stafford had gotten paid so much. We'll see what that team is made of in the coming seasons. I think Rodgers can make lowly receivers look good but Flacco will be the one who suffers most from the big money contract.

This is it as have to go

McNabb hates this saying he did nothing to deserve it

STAFFORD   inked a five-year $76.5 million extension.  This Year

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/7/12/4518618/donovan-mcnabb-matt-stafford-has-done-nothing-to-earn-lions-contract

Calvin Johnson signs $132M deal over 7 years , thats more than stafford per year

March 14, 2012,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7685419/calvin-johnson-signs-7-year-extension-detroit-lions

No one said Luck was better than Rodgers and the Colt line was the leagues worst . We just said he was better than your guy.

I posted the numbers. He's not. He's not even better than the guy who was taken a pick after him, or two rounds after him either. I only brought up Rodgers due to the fact that he was mauled all season as well, and still put up a 108 passer rating.

Hopefully you are a better student than you are a judge of football talent

You should give me some applications for the team you scout for, GM49.

Oh, wait. That's right. We're all just amateurs when it comes to judging football.

I have a full-time job and I am a college student. I love my leisure when I get it. And check out my likes on my profile...it seems my posts have a little merit to them than some just thinking they are lame because I cheer for another team. ;)

I hope its still American to choose one one routes for, bye again

This is it as have to go

McNabb hates this saying he did nothing to deserve it

STAFFORD   inked a five-year $76.5 million extension.  This Year

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/7/12/4518618/donovan-mcnabb-matt-stafford-has-done-nothing-to-earn-lions-contract

Calvin Johnson signs $132M deal over 7 years , thats more than stafford per year

March 14, 2012,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7685419/calvin-johnson-signs-7-year-extension-detroit-lions

Maybe he hasn't earned it, but I think they are going off of potential as well. Stafford could be a top QB in the coming years with Megatron, as well as having Bush to help out in the running game, which the Lions have not known since Sanders left. I guess the pressure is all on Matthew Stafford's shoulders now. The Lions might very well compete next season, but it's going to be hard with the Pack and Bears in the division.

Your special teams was better, for one. You had more than one receiver who was a threat to score, and your offense wasn't nearly as one-dimensional as ours was. I find it incredible Foster still got as many TDs as he did, considering the defense knew full and well who was getting the football every game.

Andre Johnson REC-112 Yards-1598 Avg. 14.3 TD-4

Owen Daniels REC-62 Yards-716 Avg. 11.5 TD-6

Name the receivers on our team last year had a threat to score behind our O-Line? Note I said behind the Colts O-Line. 

Maybe he hasn't earned it, but I think they are going off of potential as well. Stafford could be a top QB in the coming years with Megatron, as well as having Bush to help out in the running game, which the Lions have not known since Sanders left. I guess the pressure is all on Matthew Stafford's shoulders now. The Lions might very well compete next season, but it's going to be hard with the Pack and Bears in the division.

u have to look at the 2 as a young growing players  that will grow together and already has chemistry, though basically any good QB can complete to him still, they have a bond and u want to maintain that

Yes tough division esp if RB rookies for Packers provide a run game

Now thats definitely all, Moms expecting me , Tues she will be 95  so celebrating today., at this rate and the way she keeps me busy she may outlast me

I think those of you who are not happy with Jaws putting Luck at #10 should watch ESPN SC today and see/hear what Jaws had to say....    the video really works well with the script.....

Tomorrow,  (or earlier if possible)  I'll cut and paste Jaws' script here for people to read....   but, you won't have the video...

Best I can do....

By the way,  Jaws was gushing in his praise for Luck.   Couldn't have raved more about him.  

And, I think Jaws preferred RG3 over Andrew coming out of college.....     So,  I think Jaws is being more than fair to Luck....

Andre Johnson REC-112 Yards-1598 Avg. 14.3 TD-4

Owen Daniels REC-62 Yards-716 Avg. 11.5 TD-6

Name the receivers on our team last year had a threat to score behind our O-Line? Note I said behind the Colts O-Line. 

Hilton averaged 17.2 ypc and caught 7 TDs. Wayne averaged 12.8 and caught 5, one more than Andre did. The offensive line has nothing to do with the receivers. How many posts did we see this year pointing out how great that catch was, or how much space Hilton can cover taking the ball from darn near the LOS to the house?

u have to look at the 2 as a young growing players  that will grow together and already has chemistry, though basically any good QB can complete to him still, they have a bond and u want to maintain that

Yes tough division esp if RB rookies for Packers provide a run game

Now thats definitely all, Moms expecting me , Tues she will be 95  so celebrating today., at this rate and the way she keeps me busy she may outlast me

haha I hope you and your mother have a good one B. We can discuss more football later, though I will throw this in and say that you are absolutely right about the chemistry. Having a good QB with a superb receiver pays dividends.

As was ours, later in the 4th. The Ravens were also the only playoff team the Broncos beat, and while I admit I thought they would win that game, I wasn't too surprised when they lost. It's the same reason I'm not as high on the Broncos right now like everyone else is. I know they have Manning but there's still something about them I don't trust. But maybe they will rise to expectations and do very well this year, even against top competition.

They beat the bengals too. I think the reason they didn't do so well vs playoff teams is they played them fairly early in the season. But I guess we will find out shortly.

They beat the bengals too. I think the reason they didn't do so well vs playoff teams is they played them fairly early in the season. But I guess we will find out shortly.

Yep. I'm looking forward to it. We play them at the end of the season and you guys play them around midseason, so we should see if they have the moxie indeed. They could very well be undefeated by the time week 7 rolls around, but we will see.

QB1: 64.3 completion %, 7.4 yards per throw, 250.5 yards a game, 12 INTS, 90.7 Passer rating

QB2: 54.1 completion %, 7 yards per throw, 273.4 yards/game, 18 INTS, 76.5 Passer rating

Guess which QB is Schaub? And after doing that, take a guess at who QB2 is as well.

let me ask this did QB1 have a pro bowl running back? Or a pass happy offense or a top 10 defense

let me ask this did QB1 have a pro bowl running back? Or a pass happy offense or a top 10 defense

Yes, he did. That would be part of the reason he had a statistically better season. I'm not arguing the talent around either guy. The Colts finished 7th in passing, by the way. Texans finished 11th.

QB2 is better than QB1.

QB2 will win more rings than QB1.

Judging by this season, no. Could QB2 potentially be better? Of course. He could potentially win more rings than Manning, maybe even Brady. But that's all we can say right now. Potentially. You don't kiss the bride till you take her on a few good dates first.

I'd put Schaub in the "Game Manager" section along with

Joe Flacco

Alex Smith

These are the quarterbacks who'll never be/been elite just have complimentary defenses to bring them along the way. Quarterbacks that when in a shootout, usually won't come out on top with a W.

You should give me some applications for the team you scout for, GM49.

Oh, wait. That's right. We're all just amateurs when it comes to judging football.

I don't have to be a professional to see that one guy is special and the other is not. You can burp up ints and completions rates all you like , it doesn't change the obvious.

I don't have to be a professional to see that one guy is special and the other is not. You can burp up ints and completions rates all you like , it doesn't change the obvious.

Ah, the old ignore the substantial evidence thing. Opinions vary, and honestly neither one of us will say that we are wrong. I watch my guy 16 games a year, have been watching him for years, and you've watched your guy 16 games for a single year. There's nothing obvious here. We will see who produces in the coming years. Should be fun.

Ah, the old ignore the substantial evidence thing. Opinions vary, and honestly neither one of us will say that we are wrong. I watch my guy 16 games a year, have been watching him for years, and you've watched your guy 16 games for a single year. There's nothing obvious here. We will see who produces in the coming years. Should be fun.

The problem with the statistics is that it doesn't factor in the obvious things that can effect the stats you are using to prove your point. Like time to throw , help from the running game , average field position , dropped balls (Colts had two leaders here)  etc etc. Plus the scheme of going down field with no offensive line ... any objective person would concede that would be a stat killer....

Sure there's probably a bit of projection going into to Luck's evaluation , but QB's normally do get better with experience and better personal around them. If you want to just compare QB efficiency  from 2012 , you have a valid argument. If you want to look at how one guy lead a poor team to 11 wins and compare that to another guy leading a very good team to 12 wins , the great comeback wins , the great plays , your guy comes up short.

Hilton averaged 17.2 ypc and caught 7 TDs. Wayne averaged 12.8 and caught 5, one more than Andre did. The offensive line has nothing to do with the receivers. How many posts did we see this year pointing out how great that catch was, or how much space Hilton can cover taking the ball from darn near the LOS to the house?

You sir are a troll or a......you know what i'll keep that to myself. No need for me discussing football with someone that doesn't know about it. 

The problem with the statistics is that it doesn't factor in the obvious things that can effect the stats you are using to prove your point. Like time to throw , help from the running game , average field position , dropped balls (Colts had two leaders here) etc etc. Plus the scheme of going down field with no offensive line ... any objective person would concede that would be a stat killer....

Sure there's probably a bit of projection going into to Luck's evaluation , but QB's normally do get better with experience and better personal around them. If you want to just compare QB efficiency from 2012 , you have a valid argument. If you want to look at how one guy lead a poor team to 11 wins and compare that to another guy leading a very good team to 12 wins , the great comeback wins , the great plays , your guy comes up short.

Sure, if you want to put a team's entire success on the QB. But football is a team game. I do understand what you are saying though.

You sir are a troll or a......you know what i'll keep that to myself. No need for me discussing football with someone that doesn't know about it. 

34205259.jpg

Sure, if you want to put a team's entire success on the QB. But football is a team game. I do understand what you are saying though.

No , you can't put it all on the QB but there is a reason they pay the top QB's over 20 mill and this is done by the people that best know the game. Three ones and a two for the right to draft RG3. A pile of poop to move up for Trent Richardson in that same draft. KC reportedly was pretty much unable to trade out of the first spot this year. If it were 2012 , they would have been set for years.

No question there has to be a balance point somewhere here and there is no magic formula... but it is no doubt a QB league. 

Matt Schaub better than Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson and RG3? Wow, that's ridiculous.

Luck is where he should be, but some guys are way too high.

Remember, while you and I might not agree with it,  there's an argument to be made...

And the argument is this....    Jaws' rankings are a snap shot of a moment and the moment is right now.

If you had to pick a QB to win one game, or try and lead a team to the Super Bowl this year,  there are coaches/GM's who might pick Schaub rather than Luck.

If you're picking long term,  well, then it's no contest,  it's Luck in a landslide. 

Jaws' ended the segment saying he expects to see Luck even higher next year on his rankings.

If Luck had the kind of team around him that Shaub had his numbers would have been better than shaubs, no doubt. Soooo yaaaa I'll stick with Luck. Let's not forget Luck was a rookie last year, he'll have plenty of chances to prove people wrong and beat down on anyone who doubts him.

To state this as politely as I possibly can ... Matt Schaub is Garbage

I will agree that Matt has a great deal more support from the team around him than many of the QB's ranked below him...but to call him garbage is just as incorrect to the opposite extreme, IMO.

No , you can't put it all on the QB but there is a reason they pay the top QB's over 20 mill and this is done by the people that best know the game. Three ones and a two for the right to draft RG3. A pile of poop to move up for Trent Richardson in that same draft. KC reportedly was pretty much unable to trade out of the first spot this year. If it were 2012 , they would have been set for years.

No question there has to be a balance point somewhere here and there is no magic formula... but it is no doubt a QB league.

Yep. No doubt QB is the most important player on the team, and it is indeed a QB-driven league.

Hopefully my "dribble" is not at all like your 5000 posts on a Colt board. You must have a lot of time on your hands...

Ha! I'll never understand why someone from an opposing team wants to set up shop here. It makes me wonder if he has "issues". I'm not saying other teams fans shouldn't post here, but then there's Q-boy. Lord help us.

Ha! I'll never understand why someone from an opposing team wants to set up shop here. It makes me wonder if he has "issues". I'm not saying other teams fans shouldn't post here, but then there's Q-boy. Lord help us.

Like I've said the last 4 times you've brought this up, this is a good forum with quality posters. The Debbie downers like you and the others who are intolerant of opposing fans with different opinions will have to deal with it.

Stat's aren't true to a players skill. We're also comparing a vet to a rookie, one who sat behind the worst o-line in the league, with virtually no run game. Luck also showed time and time again that he could make the difficult throws, win late games and make the teammates around him better. Those are some of the biggest qualities you want to see in your QB. If a person were building a franchise and you asked them who do you take? You're going to get a 100% response. 

My brother in law is a die-hard Texans fan straight out of Houston. We get into some heated debates, but when it comes down to it, I will let him enjoy his 1 glory year on top of the division because he's not going to see any of those in the next decade. We don't even have to beat Schaub and the Texans, they do it themselves. Over under week 12 for Texans self destruction? 

Stat's aren't true to a players skill. We're also comparing a vet to a rookie, one who sat behind the worst o-line in the league, with virtually no run game. Luck also showed time and time again that he could make the difficult throws, win late games and make the teammates around him better. Those are some of the biggest qualities you want to see in your QB. If a person were building a franchise and you asked them who do you take? You're going to get a 100% response.

My brother in law is a die-hard Texans fan straight out of Houston. We get into some heated debates, but when it comes down to it, I will let him enjoy his 1 glory year on top of the division because he's not going to see any of those in the next decade. We don't even have to beat Schaub and the Texans, they do it themselves. Over under week 12 for Texans self destruction?

*2 year