Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

heyward bey is a beast

Stephen

when NFL Network asked Bob Kravich about Bey, If he was catching the bal... Bob gave a big No....

Yea, because he has already dropped 5 passes in two days.  One of them was a sure TD 60 yards down the sideline and he coughed it up like a high schooler. Very scary that we might think about playing this guy.

I dont know if anyone should be putting too much weight on performance in the first few training camp workouts with veteran players coming into a new team...learning a new offense...

they are very misleading

....I still think DHB will be a 1,000-yard receiver...the skill talent is too good around him, he's healthy and he was decent with oakland

If DHB crumbles under the INDY spotlight, I will give you the bulk of the credit TK85 for correctly stating that he has rocks for hands, jumps in the air unnecessarily, & can't catch anything. You have my word. I just need to have that fact confirmed with my own eyes first. That's all I ask. I'm not rooting for DHB's failure. I just need a small sample size to judge for myself first. 

LOL...rocks for hands, jumps unnecessarily...sounds like the second coming of Jerome Pathon.

But yes, there seems to be legit cause for concern...he seems like a faster version of Garcon with poorer hands.

The big concern is that we keep DHB for 'political' reasons and cut some good young WR (like Sampson perhaps).

LOL...rocks for hands, jumps unnecessarily...sounds like the second coming of Jerome Pathon.

But yes, there seems to be legit cause for concern...he seems like a faster version of Garcon with poorer hands.

The big concern is that we keep DHB for 'political' reasons and cut some good young WR (like Sampson perhaps).

I dunno. Garcon had his fair share of dropped passes as I recall.

I dont know if anyone should be putting too much weight on performance in the first few training camp workouts with veteran players coming into a new team...learning a new offense...

they are very misleading

....I still think DHB will be a 1,000-yard receiver...the skill talent is too good around him, he's healthy and he was decent with oakland

Being on a new team has NOTHING to do with drops. Andrew Luck threw & placed the ball dead in his hands on a beautiful 60 yarder that was a walk in touchdown and he dropped it. A playbook means nothing when a ball is right in your hands. The playbook wasn't the problem in that equation

I dont know if anyone should be putting too much weight on performance in the first few training camp workouts with veteran players coming into a new team...learning a new offense...

they are very misleading

....I still think DHB will be a 1,000-yard receiver...the skill talent is too good around him, he's healthy and he was decent with Oakland

Learning a new offense shouldn't affect his pass catching skills.  He's dropped 5 passes through 3 days of training camp with no pads on.  He's dropped a lot of passes his entire career which is why he only got a 1 year deal.  It somewhat scares me that he's being considered a #2 receiver.  Garcon dropped some big game-changing passes with the Colts and DHB's hands are worse than his. 

I was here for another reason but saw this so I can't resist giving my .02. Yes, he has lobster claws for hands. Yes, he jumps without reason. Yes, he's a horrible route runner. Yes, his route recognition and ability to read what's happening on D needs a ton of improvement. No, he doesn't use his hands much when he catches. No, he doesn't catch balls in stride. But, when he does get the ball and gets a few steps, the dude is a total beast -- he's big, fast and difficult to bring down. He's a guy who's just good enough to leave on the field -- a lot of downsides but he can rack up 6 from anywhere on the field at any moment. Granted, those moments were few and far between in Oakland but perhaps, with better WR's around him to attract attention, he may perform better. And, his work ethic seems to be fantastic.

Oh, and for those of you who may be tempted to yell about coaching inconsistency, he had the same WR coach for 3 years.

When I read these DHB threads I have to keep asking myself if these negative nancy types are being serious. I feel like I am being trolled. He is making the team(barring injury) and you will be eating crow when the games matter. JMO!

When I read these DHB threads I have to keep asking myself if these negative nancy types are being serious. I feel like I am being trolled. He is making the team(barring injury) and you will be eating crow when the games matter. JMO!

Yes, he is making the team because we paid a lot for him, even if he has by far the most drops among Wayne, Hilton, Brazill, Whalen, and Allen, Fleener, Cunningham and even Palmer, Sampson, Kelley.

"@gmbremer: Luck starts the day with a deep completion to DHB. #ColtsCamp" ;)

Gotta see more of this happening instead of drops.      DHB will come through...   I really think he will figure it out and make it happen.    If he does...    $$$   and Indy gets a really solid replacement for Wayne without stopping to look around.

"@gmbremer: Luck starts the day with a deep completion to DHB. #ColtsCamp" ;)