Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Buccaneers Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't pick up that 3rd and long on a check down. They picked it up on an underneath drag route; he was target #1 on the route, not the check down.

While I will agree with that the fact of the matter is, it was just a long check down.

They ran a rout to put one of their best open field runners in the exact position where all the check downs have been completed, with complimentary "blocking" routes downfield. The play took the exact same amount of time to get from Freeman's hand to Williams hand as it did on all the check downs.

Sometimes things are the same even when they appear to be different.

While I will agree with that the fact of the matter is, it was just a long check down.

They ran a rout to put one of their best open field runners in the exact position where all the check downs have been completed, with complimentary "blocking" routes downfield. The play took the exact same amount of time to get from Freeman's hand to Williams hand as it did on all the check downs.

Sometimes things are the same even when they appear to be different.

I didn't realize it was Williams I thought it was hb. My bad

C'mon guys! They're playing Lefeged, T. Johnson, Caldwell & Rucker in the secondary. First year players that are easily confused. The strategy is to keep the Colts in the game. It's not ideal, but it is sound thinking for the early quarters.

C'mon guys! They're playing Lefeged, T. Johnson, Caldwell & Rucker in the secondary. First year players that are easily confused. The strategy is to keep the Colts in the game. It's not ideal, but it is sound thinking for the early quarters.

Yeah I am not a coach but to me, replace Johnson with Lacey and then you don't have to be so simple. He may not be the ideal cornerback but he is better than a guaranteed 5 yard pass every down.

I love the gutsy call on 3rd and 1, I agree with Jaws and not Gruden on that. As soon as I saw Reggie down there I called it. Dallas was the intended target though. I like the chance that was taken though. I would rather go down firing and not surrendering the way I feel Coyer is with this crap coverage.