Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Belichick #7 on ESPN coaches all-time list

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/greatestcoach7/greatest-coaches-nfl-history-bill-belichick

I was really enjoying ESPNs all time greatest NFL coaches with the exception of Dungy being on it but I can get over that. The fact that they put Bill B. at #7 is ridiculous. So much so that they almost apologize in their write-up for it. Apparently they are holding his two SB losses to the Giants against him.

There is no way there are SIX coaches better than him. I mean that is pretty much evident just from reading this one graph from them on his historic achievements: 

"Belichick was the first coach to win at least 10 games in 10 consecutive seasons and the first to win three Super Bowls in a four-year span (2001, 2003 and 2004 seasons). He also coached the Patriots to the NFL's first 16-0 regular season in 2007 (although they lost the Super Bowl to the New York Giants). That 2007 team set a league record by averaging 36.8 points per game. The 2011 Patriots were Belichick's fifth Super Bowl team (and second to lose to the Giants)."

He is top 3 at worst. The only coaches honestly I can see putting ahead of him are Chuck Knoll given the four rings and possibly Vince Lombardi. But as I have said before, to have the type of success in the cap/FA era that he has had is what separates him. His only constant has been Brady these past 13 years. Every other player position as well as his assistant and position coaches have changed over multiple times. This is just some vendetta on ESPNs half. Not surprising I suppose but every disappointing.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/greatestcoach7/greatest-coaches-nfl-history-bill-belichick

I was really enjoying ESPNs all time greatest NFL coaches with the exception of Dungy being on it but I can get over that. The fact that they put Bill B. at #7 is ridiculous. So much so that they almost apologize in their write-up for it. Apparently they are holding his two SB losses to the Giants against him.

There is no way there are SIX coaches better than him. I mean that is pretty much evident just from reading this one graph from them on his historic achievements: 

"Belichick was the first coach to win at least 10 games in 10 consecutive seasons and the first to win three Super Bowls in a four-year span (2001, 2003 and 2004 seasons). He also coached the Patriots to the NFL's first 16-0 regular season in 2007 (although they lost the Super Bowl to the New York Giants). That 2007 team set a league record by averaging 36.8 points per game. The 2011 Patriots were Belichick's fifth Super Bowl team (and second to lose to the Giants)."

He is top 3 at worst. The only coaches honestly I can see putting ahead of him are Chuck Knoll given the four rings and possibly Vince Lombardi. But as I have said before, to have the type of success in the cap/FA era that he has had is what separates him. His only constant has been Brady these past 13 years. Every other player position as well as his assistant and position coaches have changed over multiple times. This is just some vendetta on ESPNs half. Not surprising I suppose but every disappointing.

The man defies conventional wisdom and drafts for  need not BPA usually and still fields a competitive if not great / stellar team yearly, he delivers consistency

, thats why dont like some others who may have some SB wins like Coughlin but have up & down seasons so thus a few real good draft picks # wise in draft order to rebuild a team like Piere Paul at 14 or so

Not sure where he is at but # 7 way to high

If he was Peytons coach I guarantee more SB wins 

Got to imagine some old timers get in there, lombardi of course 

TO MAKE U FEEL BETTER

RANKING THE ALL-TIME BEST NFL COACHES: BILL BELICHICK IS IN THE VINCE LOMBARDI CONVERSATION

Heres a list that puts him at # 2 behind Lopmbardi, just like this forum so amnt opinions that seem unjustified and mystified

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/kirk-minihane/2013/06/06/ranking-all-time-best-nfl-coaches-bill-beli

The man defies conventional wisdom and drafts for  need not BPA usually and still fields a competitive if not great / stellar team yearly, he delivers consistency

, thats why dont like some others who may have some SB wins like Coughlin but have up & down seasons so thus a few real good draft picks # wise in draft order to rebuild a team like Piere Paul at 14 or so

Not sure where he is at but # 7 way to high

If he was Peytons coach I guarantee more SB wins 

Got to imagine some old timers get in there, lombardi of course 

TO MAKE U FEEL BETTER

RANKING THE ALL-TIME BEST NFL COACHES: BILL BELICHICK IS IN THE VINCE LOMBARDI CONVERSATION

Heres a list that puts him at # 2 behind Lopmbardi, just like this forum so amnt opinions that seem unjustified and mystified

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/kirk-minihane/2013/06/06/ranking-all-time-best-nfl-coaches-bill-beli

Great points Bayone. Yes, most have him right behind Lombardi so to have him at 7 is ludicris iMO. But it is ESPN. *sigh*

It is interesting to wonder what Peyton's career would have looked like had he had Bill as his HC. Bill always says there is no other QB he would rather have than Brady but I wonder what he would have done with Manning. Brady is routinely asked to run different offenses every season - not sure if Peyton can do that as he never has. Not saying he can't, but the fact that he went to Denver to basically run his Indy offense is an indicator that that offense is his comfort zone. Also, Bill likes a QB that does not turn it over and takes what the defense gives him. While Manning will do this most of the time, he will take most risk or try to fit a pass in or throw across his body and will turn it over. Still, have to think Peyton's leagcy would be different if Bill was at the helm for his entire career.

Great points Bayone. Yes, most have him right behind Lombardi so to have him at 7 is ludicris iMO. But it is ESPN. *sigh*

It is interesting to wonder what Peyton's career would have looked like had he had Bill as his HC. Bill always says there is no other QB he would rather have than Brady but I wonder what he would have done with Manning. Brady is routinely asked to run different offenses every season - not sure if Peyton can do that as he never has. Not saying he can't, but the fact that he went to Denver to basically run his Indy offense is an indicator that that offense is his comfort zone. Also, Bill likes a QB that does not turn it over and takes what the defense gives him. While Manning will do this most of the time, he will take most risk or try to fit a pass in or throw across his body and will turn it over. Still, have to think Peyton's leagcy would be different if Bill was at the helm for his entire career.

of course will wont know what would of been , just can speculate but Re went to Denver to basically run his Indy offense is an indicator that that offense is his comfort zone.

Lets not forget with the injuries and new team, Denver wanted that too so can ease him in and also seeing what Peyton has done with other players wanted him as comfy as possible so can teach Decker & DT and bring them upo to their potential, asking him to do that in a totally unfamiliar offense would really be tough, same with other players, Denvere wanted to change teams mentality and having Peyton comfy was best way possible

If Peyton had to change more frequently with way BB does it he just may have got used to doing that, again all speculation, but after all those years and all peyton fought threw to play u just dont make it harder on him and the team

also can speculate that BB may see Peyton doing it so consistently on a yearly basis he may not have changed offense as much as u think

all speculation, while it is fun thats all it is speculation

one thing we know, he wouldnt of been stuck with a conservative coach all these years

of course will wont know what would of been , just can speculate but Re went to Denver to basically run his Indy offense is an indicator that that offense is his comfort zone.

Lets not forget with the injuries and new team, Denver wanted that too so can ease him in and also seeing what Peyton has done with other players wanted him as comfy as possible so can teach Decker & DT and bring them upo to their potential, asking him to do that in a totally unfamiliar offense would really be tough, same with other players, Denvere wanted to change teams mentality and having Peyton comfy was best way possible

If Peyton had to change more frequently with way BB does it he just may have got used to doing that, again all speculation, but after all those years and all peyton fought threw to play u just dont make it harder on him and the team

also can speculate that BB may see Peyton doing it so consistently on a yearly basis he may not have changed offense as much as u think

all speculation, while it is fun thats all it is speculation

one thing we know, he wouldnt of been stuck with a conservative coach all these years

Yeah, well if Bill was there then no Tom Moore offense. It would have been Charlie Weiss. So it really is speculation. But I agree, I think Peyton would have won more titles for sure.

HMMMM...Lombardi, Shula, as Dustin mentions Reeves....Bill Walsh...

George Allen?  I hope Cowher....????

Who are we missing? Noll, Pappa Bear?  Paul Brown?

Dustin...I see ya on here....lets name a couple of more.

I edited.....I saw Madden and Johnson on the list

Edited by BrentMc11

I guess it's true that every fan from every team thinks the media hates them lol.

You are probably right. But I think Belichick stands alone in this regard. I admit. He really is not a very likeable guy from his public persona. Most say he is very different when the cameras are off but he does portray an arrogance and superiority that really turns the media off. Not to mention his cryptic press conferences which are often one word or even one syllable answers. His PR team must cringe every time he steps to the podium but I suppose now they just laugh it off as he is not going to change.

Well, fair or not, maybe the fact that he didn't win in Cleveland while he wins SBs in New England maybe provides Spygate some merit in some voters' eyes (not mine, to clarify :)). Just speculating here. If it was Tom Brady that was the reason he won in New England, then the full credit doesn't go to Belichick anyway. Either way, it is not all Belichick.

Like I said, just throwing out reasons speculatively out there.  :) Plus, if Belichick were to produce another decade of playoff success with New England after Tom Brady leaves, then voters may think differently and place him higher on the list. I think that may be the key.

Plus, to the point that Peyton ran the same offense and cant run a new offense. His playbook kept growing in Indy from year to year, and there were several 2 RB formation plays that were Denver's offensive plays from the Orton/Tebow years that were incorporated into the Denver-Peyton playbook as well. I dont think there is enough merit to the idea that Peyton can't adapt to new stuff, including new offense. New environment, new players, establishing new chemistry with new OL and WRs/TEs, I think he has shown enough last year from an adaptability point of view, IMO. I would not be surprised if you saw even more plays added to the playbook this year because the first year coming back from 4 neck surgeries with so many new variables would definitely be a key reason to keep a few things familiar to Peyton.

If Brady sees stuff from previous offenses that works more often than not, he will keep it in the playbook (like 2 pt. Charlie Weis conversion with direct snap to RB, quick screen pass to wideout with other WRs blocking, quick snap and pass to wideout/TE that has man coverage on the outside expecting wideout/TE to beat his man, the quick out on 3rd down that Troy Brown ran wrong for Bob Sanders to almost pick Brady off in the 2006 AFCCG before Peyton's GW drive was the same quick out that Hernandez ran correctly but Ed Reed read it right and broke it up to give Flacco a chance in the 2011 AFCCG albeit Lee Evans and Cundiff blew everything etc. would be just 4 examples that have been in the playbook for years). Same thing with Peyton. If something works more often than not, dipping into that well is not so bad, IMO.

Belichick is the greatest coach of All-Time.....If we had him with Manning all those years we would have won 4 or 5 Super Bowls...

He was a very good defensive coach when the rules favored his defensive backs, IMO. His modus operandi when he was Giants' DC under Parcells was the same modus operandi with Ty Law and Rodney Harrison.

1. Let the QB beat you with patient shorter throws, let the RB have 100 plus yards on several rushes if it ends up that way than 2 WRs having 100 yards.
  2. Play the LBs at a slightly deeper depth if the QB does not take checkdowns as often.
  3. If you feel your DL can at least play stalemate with their OL, your LBs can finish the plays for running plays if they read their keys right.
  4. Throw the timing off by mugging the wideouts thus giving time for your delayed blitzes to get home if the QB does not release it right away because he cant due to no separation from wideouts. However, if the QB takes a chance and lets it go, your safety is reading his eyes because both safeties are deep and there is not a threat of a running game.

Once they changed the DB friendly rules, that is when Belichick's defensive success went down a bit.

Well, fair or not, maybe the fact that he didn't win in Cleveland while he wins SBs in New England maybe provides Spygate some merit in some voters' eyes (not mine, to clarify :)). Just speculating here. If it was Tom Brady that was the reason he won in New England, then the full credit doesn't go to Belichick anyway. Either way, it is not all Belichick.

Like I said, just throwing out reasons speculatively out there.  :) Plus, if Belichick were to produce another decade of playoff success with New England after Tom Brady leaves, then voters may think differently and place him higher on the list. I think that may be the key.

Plus, to the point that Peyton ran the same offense and cant run a new offense. His playbook kept growing in Indy from year to year, and there were several 2 RB formation plays that were Denver's offensive plays from the Orton/Tebow years that were incorporated into the Denver-Peyton playbook as well. I dont think there is enough merit to the idea that Peyton can't adapt to new stuff, including new offense. New environment, new players, establishing new chemistry with new OL and WRs/TEs, I think he has shown enough last year from an adaptability point of view, IMO. I would not be surprised if you saw even more plays added to the playbook this year because the first year coming back from 4 neck surgeries with so many new variables would definitely be a key reason to keep a few things familiar to Peyton.

If Brady sees stuff from previous offenses that works more often than not, he will keep it in the playbook (like 2 pt. Charlie Weis conversion with direct snap to RB, quick screen pass to wideout with other WRs blocking, quick snap and pass to wideout/TE that has man coverage on the outside expecting wideout/TE to beat his man, the quick out on 3rd down that Troy Brown ran wrong for Bob Sanders to almost pick Brady off in the 2006 AFCCG before Peyton's GW drive was the same quick out that Hernandez ran correctly but Ed Reed read it right and broke it up to give Flacco a chance in the 2011 AFCCG albeit Lee Evans and Cundiff blew everything etc. would be just 4 examples that have been in the playbook for years). Same thing with Peyton. If something works more often than not, dipping into that well is not so bad, IMO.

Not sure if you read this but Manning runs one of the most simple offenses in the NFL, http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8828013/how-return-simplicity-peyton-manning-indy-offense-ignited-denver-broncos

Brady runs the most complex. Not saying Manning could not have success but he has never proven he can run another offense so the jury is out...

Yes, I am sure spygate and Cleveland played into it somewhat but here is the rub. If you say Bill is only great because of Brady then he deserves even MORE credit for being a great coach because he sat pro bowler and franchise QB Bledsoe in his prime for Brady - a later rounder who most didn't even think would ever make it in the NFL. Not only did he start Brady who most consider the biggest draft day steal of all time, he put the right team around him to put him square in the discussion of greatest QB of all time. All during the cap/FA when teams are supposed to go 8-8 every year not contend for SBs every year and set historic accomplishments.

While I agree he is a defensive guru. His defenses have not suffered because of the rules but more because he has had to rebuild it since 2007. And Bill the GM has had some misses which Bill the HC has covered for.

Not sure if you read this but Manning runs one of the most simple offenses in the NFL, http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8828013/how-return-simplicity-peyton-manning-indy-offense-ignited-denver-broncos

Brady runs the most complex. Not saying Manning could not have success but he has never proven he can run another offense so the jury is out...

The offense is simple because there's just simple routes he audibles to before the snap based on what he read from the defense. Brady's offense is more complex in the fact that the receivers are forced to react to the coverage (IIRC).

There both complex in different ways. Peyton's is more complicated pre-snap, and Brady's is more complicated post-snap.

I have no doubt that the greatest pre-snap QB in league history could run any offense he wanted, but there's no need to when  the one you currently run is so effective. Besides, the offense he runs is basically just a giants smelting pot of other offenses in the league.

He was a very good defensive coach when the rules favored his defensive backs, IMO. His modus operandi when he was Giants' DC under Parcells was the same modus operandi with Ty Law and Rodney Harrison.

1. Let the QB beat you with patient shorter throws, let the RB have 100 plus yards on several rushes if it ends up that way than 2 WRs having 100 yards.
  2. Play the LBs at a slightly deeper depth if the QB does not take checkdowns as often.
  3. If you feel your DL can at least play stalemate with their OL, your LBs can finish the plays for running plays if they read their keys right.
  4. Throw the timing off by mugging the wideouts thus giving time for your delayed blitzes to get home if the QB does not release it right away because he cant due to no separation from wideouts. However, if the QB takes a chance and lets it go, your safety is reading his eyes because both safeties are deep and there is not a threat of a running game.

Once they changed the DB friendly rules, that is when Belichick's defensive success went down a bit.

The 2 recent Super Bowl losses took last minute drives and miraculous all-time great catches for him to lose, and that's just bad luck...He has done it both ways with great offense and defense, and he is great at game planning schemes to beat certain opponents..They completely change their defense from week to week depending on who they play...

The offense is simple because there's just simple routes he audibles to before the snap based on what he read from the defense. Brady's offense is more complex in the fact that the receivers are forced to react to the coverage (IIRC).

There both complex in different ways. Peyton's is more complicated pre-snap, and Brady's is more complicated post-snap.

I have no doubt that the greatest pre-snap QB in league history could run any offense he wanted, but there's no need to when  the one you currently run is so effective. Besides, the offense he runs is basically just a giants smelting pot of other offenses in the league.

Offense is simple but Peyton reads defenses as well as anyone. That is his strength. I agree. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It has been widely speculated that the reason he did not go to the niners is because Harbaugh would not let him run his Indy offense. At age 37 he is not going to change now but no one knows if he could run something else as well. We have never seen him do it.

Offense is simple but Peyton reads defenses as well as anyone. That is his strength. I agree. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It has been widely speculated that the reason he did not go to the niners is because Harbaugh would not let him run his Indy offense. At age 37 he is not going to change now but no one knows if he could run something else as well. We have never seen him do it.

TBH I think that Peyton would have been great running the Niners offense. That's just me though.

The 2 recent Super Bowl losses took last minute drives and miraculous all-time great catches for him to lose, and that's just bad luck...He has done it both ways with great offense and defense, and he is great at game planning schemes to beat certain opponents..They completely change their defense from week to week depending on who they play...

So, does that mean all their 3 pt. wins in SBs are good luck??? :)

Every SB winning team makes its luck for the most part. Yes, there are some lucky breaks but saying someone lost because of bad luck is not giving credit to the other team for making plays, IMO.

A better or more appropriate way to put it is that the coach did everything he could, the other team just flat out made more plays. If you put it that way, yes, I would agree, Belichick did whatever he could to get his team to that stage. He has adapted to what works in the NFL quicker than most coaches.

Plus, Belichick is not the only one who changes his D from week to week, Dick LeBeau and even John Harbaugh have thrown in variations from week to week in the playoffs, they dont tip all their hands in the regular season. You need to have SOME experienced personnel in order to pull it off, you cant do it with a bunch of first and second year players. That is why having guys like Vrabel, Harrison, Bruschi all together helped play different style of Ds for every week in those years. You could try to do it with first and second year players but their level of execution will not be as good as those guys who have been in the league for a while.

Belichick's Xs and Os are still outstanding, his Johnnys and Joes are not, at least not as many as in the past.

So, does that mean all their 3 pt. wins in SBs are good luck??? :)

Every SB winning team makes its luck for the most part. Yes, there are some lucky breaks but saying someone lost because of bad luck is not giving credit to the other team for making plays, IMO.

A better or more appropriate way to put it is that the coach did everything he could, the other team just flat out made more plays. If you put it that way, yes, I would agree, Belichick did whatever he could to get his team to that stage.

You have to admit the catches were pretty amazing and they would have won otherwise....

You have to admit the catches were pretty amazing and they would have won otherwise....

Thus my contention, the Giants made plays and need to be given credit instead of spinning it off as Pats had bad luck. The Pats' D did not make plays, they did not bat the ball down, they did not intercept it, nor did they sack Eli on any of those plays. If they did one of those, the catches would not have been made.

Heck, Wes Welker could have caught that ball too in their recent SB to push their lead. :)

Playoff football is all about someone leaving points and plays on the field, and someone else seizing the moment and making the play.

Thus my contention, the Giants made plays and need to be given credit instead of spinning it off as Pats had bad luck. The Pats' D did not make plays, they did not bat the ball down, they did not intercept it, nor did they sack Eli on any of those plays. If they did one of those, the catches would not have been made.

Heck, Wes Welker could have caught that ball too in their recent SB to push their lead. :)

So happy that Denver fans can now suffer through Welker's key drops ... lmao

Maybe Peyton will just throw a jump ball to Demaryius Thomas instead, knowing the history, lol :)

Yes with Thomas and Decker on the outside no reason to feed Welker unless you have to .. on a critical play that is in the playoffs.

Not sure if you heard Brady's comments regarding Welker but he did not seem all that upset that he was gone. He kept saying how Wes is one of his best friend's and that he was not surprised that he left. It was weird.

Yes with Thomas and Decker on the outside no reason to feed Welker unless you have to .. on a critical play that is in the playoffs.

Not sure if you heard Brady's comments regarding Welker but he did not seem all that upset that he was gone. He kept saying how Wes is one of his best friend's and that he was not surprised that he left. It was weird.

Brady has to move on, his fans have to move on and Brady will say what he needs to say to help everybody move on, even if he withheld anything else he wanted to say.

I will hold out any ranking of BB till a few years AFTER T.Brady leaves, 7th of all time with the same QB? Na I don't think so.

I have a strange feeling that T.Brady might retire at the end of the season his horse won and he seems to like that and with his luck he will have success what ever he does, some people for what ever reason just seem to have a majority of good fortune go their way.

If D.Bledsoe didn't get hurt and with that defense went to SB and won or even just get to playoffs then T.Brady would in honesty would have been cut, I remember him being ranked at one time the 5th QB depth chart on the patriots, but that could have been in training camp, but just so happen D.Bledsoe did get hurt and they considered the season as lost anyway and tried out other QB and walla got lucky and people seem to forget that especially sports reporters and analysts..... Oh and some my not agree, but T.Bady had the best LT of the decade from 2001 till 2011 in Matt Light protecting T.Brady's back side, that's my opinion.....

What they say about T.Tebow not being a normal QB because of his throwing style. T.Brady was also called not your typical normal QB not of his throwing style but because his body type, search for his combine photo and he didn't look like a normal QB and some I remember called him awkward looking.

Go Colts!!!!!

Maybe Peyton will just throw a jump ball to Demaryius Thomas instead, knowing the history, lol :)

I think Peyton will have a few throws in mind pending where coverage goes, bn not just who maybe double teamed but if safety comes up to help cover slot may allow Dt or Decker to get free

The middle of the field was last year Tammes realm & Strolely's, now it most likey will be Mostly all  welkers, Peyton will throw away from wherever the coverage is committing to , i dont think unless excessive drops will become a big consideration for him

Ive read about various crossing routes and double crossing routes with someone going deep as well, many formatrions were noted,. 

TThis article notes just a single crossing reciver & RB in passing game more

NEW OC CASE , Long article excerpt

But in terms of play-calling, Gase's lineage is through Mike Martz with offensive concepts going back to Don Coryell and Sid Gillman. Martz, the former Rams head coach, was one of the most aggressive play-callers in the NFL, particularly with his record-setting offense in St. Louis.

Martz was also one of the great closers. His teams went 55-5 in games when it held a fourth-quarter lead. Martz's Rams teams continually slammed the door whenever they carried the lead into the final quarter or got it in the final 15 minutes of play.

One of the most effective features in that offense was the use of the running backs in the passing game beyond a simple dump-off role. Granted, Martz had Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk in the backfield, and Faulk understood pass protection and pass routes perhaps like no other back in the game's modern era.

But Gase figures to involve the Broncos' backs plenty in the passing game.

Also, the shallow cross route was a staple of Martz's teams. His teams consistently got players free with the route as the receiver came across the formation, underneath players dropping into zone coverage or simply getting the rub-off against man coverage as the receiver used another offensive player to get rid of his defender.

Read more:Adam Gase might bring some Mike Martz flavor to Denver Broncos offense - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23379260/broncos-might-add-some-mike-martz-flavor-offense#ixzz2VSwW9LSi 

Meanwhile , Julius Thomas

injured since  early in  career start TE 6-foot-5, 255-pound tight end’s finally is showing his potential when he’s not hampered by injuries.

is having a steller time catching up to 50 yard throws on the money as welll as other passes, Plus he can block

as he puts it I have finally 2 good ankles

Hes getting a chance as Dressen knee scoped & is impressing every day

Heres a snipet of 1 article , but have been many with the 1 reservation, we have to see it translate in game  situations

But it was more than just a play that sent onlookers to their smartphones to furiously tweet the news of his big play to the world beyond the walls of the Broncos’ practice fields. When he came down with Peyton Manning ’s deep pass in stride, he provided the strongest evidence to date of the 6-foot-5, 255-pound tight end’s potential when he’s not hampered by injuries.

“He is a great athlete. A big target,” said Manning. “If you can’t complete a ball to Julius, as a quarterback, something is wrong with you.”

As Thomas made the play easier for Manning, the same was true in reverse.

“It's not very hard to run downfield and catch a ball that's right on the money,” Thomas said. “I guess we're all expected to be at that level when you put the jersey on. It's whenever the quarterbacks give me a chance, just make the catch and see what I can do afterwards."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Healthy-Julius-Thomas-Making-Most-of-Opportunities/d36d008d-61a5-4719-a43a-0f914df2bb83

Meh, he probably isn't any better or any worse than several guys on that list.

ESPN is biased against BB? Yes, I'm sure they dislike the home team's head coach.

:scratch: 

What? That was pretty straight forward

Meh, he probably isn't any better or any worse than several guys on that list.

ESPN is biased against BB? Yes, I'm sure they dislike the home team's head coach.

Someone needs a geography lesson.

Connecticut has many more NY Giants fans than it does Patriot fans. Always has, and perhaps always will.

Granted, more and more CT fans are becoming Patriot fans, but only in the eastern part of the state.

Oh, and ESPN is firmly in NY Giants territory.

I will hold out any ranking of BB till a few years AFTER T.Brady leaves, 7th of all time with the same QB? Na I don't think so.

I have a strange feeling that T.Brady might retire at the end of the season his horse won and he seems to like that and with his luck he will have success what ever he does, some people for what ever reason just seem to have a majority of good fortune go their way.

If D.Bledsoe didn't get hurt and with that defense went to SB and won or even just get to playoffs then T.Brady would in honesty would have been cut, I remember him being ranked at one time the 5th QB depth chart on the patriots, but that could have been in training camp, but just so happen D.Bledsoe did get hurt and they considered the season as lost anyway and tried out other QB and walla got lucky and people seem to forget that especially sports reporters and analysts..... Oh and some my not agree, but T.Bady had the best LT of the decade from 2001 till 2011 in Matt Light protecting T.Brady's back side, that's my opinion.....

What they say about T.Tebow not being a normal QB because of his throwing style. T.Brady was also called not your typical normal QB not of his throwing style but because his body type, search for his combine photo and he didn't look like a normal QB and some I remember called him awkward looking.

Go Colts!!!!!

Untrue. Belichick has said that after the Patriots started out 0-2 in '01, he was already close to sitting Bledsoe.

Keep in mind that in 2000, Brady was the 4th QB, but BB wanted to keep him. He saw so much growth in Brady that he promoted him to #2 by '01.

And then never went back by choice.

Untrue. Belichick has said that after the Patriots started out 0-2 in '01, he was already close to sitting Bledsoe.

Keep in mind that in 2000, Brady was the 4th QB, but BB wanted to keep him. He saw so much growth in Brady that he promoted him to #2 by '01.

And then never went back by choice.

BB purposely left out the progress report on Brady for him to see so hed know his weaknesses in order that he better work on them

Someone needs a geography lesson.Connecticut has many more NY Giants fans than it does Patriot fans. Always has, and perhaps always will.Granted, more and more CT fans are becoming Patriot fans, but only in the eastern part of the state.Oh, and ESPN is firmly in NY Giants territory.

That's not really a geography lesson chief. Bristol, where ESPN is located, is about halfway between NYC and Boston. And people who work there freely admit the place is loaded with patriots fan first, then giants fans. But thanks for the heads up.