Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck voices support for gay NFL players

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts/andrew-luck-voices-support-for-gay-nfl-players

I hope if someone's thinking about (coming out), that if they do come out as gay and it makes them happy and it makes their life easier, then I think they should do it," Luck, 23, told CNN. "My first reaction is really good for him....It's the 21st century, and I know I would have absolutely no problem with it," he said. "I hope no one would treat him any differently than any straight player, no special treatment -- he's just another guy.

:facepalm:

Ignorance its the 21 century time to move on and get with the time . No one has the right to tell someone who they can be with with . It's a personal decision and what other people do shouldn't affect you . If it does you have some insecuritys you need to work out ;) .

Ignorance its the 21 century time to move on and get with the time . No one has the right to tell someone who they can be with with . It's a personal decision and what other people do shouldn't affect you . If it does you have some insecuritys you need to work out ;) .

At first, when I heard these rumors some months ago, I was very uncomfortable with the prospect. 

We had a discussion here some weeks ago and many of the members here did well to convince me that my worries were baseless. What makes me more uncomfortable now is the thought that so many players are still compelled to keep up appearances and hide their true self from the world. 

At first, when I heard these rumors some months ago, I was very uncomfortable with the prospect.

We had a discussion here some weeks ago and many of the members here did well to convince me that my worries were baseless. What makes me more uncomfortable now is the thought that so many players are still compelled to keep up appearances and hide their true self from the world.

they keep it from the world for multiple reasons , people suck in general, the media , they don't know how it affect their place in the locker room ... Who knows . But I can tell you it's not easy coming out .

His book tells him that gays are sinners. The rules of stone forbid such abominations and instruct him to kill gay people.

I'm just confused as to why start a thread, then be surprised people supported Andrew in what he said.

I understand what you're trying to say but being gay isn't something that someone decides to be, they don't make the choice to be gay it's who they are.

If any player think Goodell and the owners will allow them to discriminate against an openly gay player, they're stupid. I listen to some of them say "not in our locker room," their locker room would probably be at the unemployment office.

I understand what you're trying to say but being gay isn't something that someone decides to be, they don't make the choice to be gay it's who they are.

Decsion was the wrong word to use , maybe it's personal would have been better.

Edit: Actualy your wrong it is a Decsion to come out and be open or keep it to yourself , it's a very personal Decsion . Although I could have word my original post better I agree ;)

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, June 1, 2013 - religious content
Hidden by shecolt, June 1, 2013 - religious content

The Truth that motivates my emoticon display...

New Testament / Romans 1:

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse; for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools; trading away their true purpose, in exchange for being equal with all created things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the degrading of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, rebellious toward parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. They know God’s decree, that those who practice such things deserve to die - yet they not only do them but even applaud others who practice them.

Now, you'll find a million different responses that'll range from childish ad honimem to the seemingly sensible. Nevertheless, it comes down to whether or not you agree that the Bible is what is says it is.

New Testament/2nd Timothy 3:16:

"All Scripture is God-breathed & is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"

I'll let others argue it out. But the Word of God is clear.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, June 1, 2013 - response to removed content
Hidden by shecolt, June 1, 2013 - response to removed content

The Truth that motivates my emoticon display...

New Testament / Romans 1:

Now, you'll find a million different responses that'll range from childish ad honimem to the seemingly sensible. Nevertheless, it comes down to whether or not you agree that the Bible is what is says it is.

New Testament/2nd Timothy 3:16:

I'll let others argue it out. But the Word of God is clear.

so my religion(agnostic) has taught to be to tolerant of others beliefs and life styles, while your god preaches intolerance and hate. I'll stick mine thnks , ps the bible was written by man so you really don't know if it's gods word. Also don't quote scripture at me ...

I really struggle to believe how anyone, in this day and age, with the education we as people in developed countries have received, can be intolerant of anyone for uncontrollable differences, be it homosexuality, ethnicity, gender etc etc whatever. Any kind of discrimination based on things like that isn't just ignorance, it's stupidity. 

...intolerant of anyone for uncontrollable differences, be it homosexuality, ethnicity, gender etc etc whatever.

Baseline education makes clear that homosexual behavior is by definition, a behavior. Race on the other hand  is a purely benign, nonbehavioral chacteristic. The two are not the same.

Baseline education makes clear that homosexual behavior is by definition, a behavior. Race on the other hand is a purely benign, nonbehavioral chacteristic. The two are not the same.

Baseline education shows us those who follow blindly without thinking forthwm selfs are called "lemmings"

Baseline education makes clear that homosexual behavior is by definition, a behavior. Race on the other hand  is a purely benign, nonbehavioral chacteristic. The two are not the same.

Are you seriously telling me that homosexuality is an active, conscious choice? Really?!

Why? One user wrote the Truth? Or the inrolerance displayed by the other users?

Your personal belief does not equal truth ... Nether does mine for that matter but the only being intolerant here is you ! People were wrong in 60 about equal rights for African Americans they are wrong now . Btw isn't the new pope supportive of gay rights ?