Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Mckinney does time for speeding

My friends mom got to spend acouple days with Brandon Mckinney a few days ago. Brandon had to serve two days at the Tri-county jail in Mechanicsburg, Ohio for excessive speeding. She said he was nice.FYI

How sweet. And how cool for the mother of a child knocked down by a speeding car to know the driver is a nice man.

I have never heard of someone going to jail for speeding.

You have to be flat out hauling ....  I got a ticket for doing 84 in a 50 and the cop never even gave me a lecture, just wrote the ticket and off he went.

You have to be flat out hauling ....  I got a ticket for doing 84 in a 50 and the cop never even gave me a lecture, just wrote the ticket and off he went.

theres a difference between getting a ticket and getting sent to jail

I have never heard of someone going to jail for speeding.

Multiple ways for it to happen

If you already have enough points on goure license or if it's suspended already and you're driving that's jail

Or if you're charged with Wreckless Driving then it's the officer's discretion on whether or not to arrest you. Speeding will get you a ticket. Wreckless Driving will get you a ticket &/or jail time

Multiple ways for it to happen

If you already have enough points on goure license or if it's suspended already and you're driving that's jail

Or if you're charged with Wreckless Driving then it's the officer's discretion on whether or not to arrest you. Speeding will get you a ticket. Wreckless Driving will get you a ticket &/or jail time

im talking about just speeding. on the record it said this was his first count which means hes never done anything wrong beforehand

im talking about just speeding. on the record it said this was his first count which means hes never done anything wrong beforehand

Yeah, I think there's a missing piece of that story. Cause like you, I've never heard of a arrest made for "speeding". Guess society is really changing

It doesn't say it was his first count, just that there was one count on this arrest.

No, sorry. I was making the point about him being nice, when he had been arrested for speeding.

That's a pretty extreme difference for the point you were making. Hitting a kid is a serious accusation. Breaking the law is breaking the law, but giving a 20 yr old son a beer in your house is way different than getting them addicted to meth. Your comment was inappropriate.

Yeah, I think there's a missing piece of that story. Cause like you, I've never heard of a arrest made for "speeding". Guess society is really changing

I have been. It's called careless and wreckless by speed. It's 20 over the speed limit. So he met that criteria.

That's a pretty extreme difference for the point you were making. Hitting a kid is a serious accusation. Breaking the law is breaking the law, but giving a 20 yr old son a beer in your house is way different than getting them addicted to meth. Your comment was inappropriate.

To me, it was very appropriate. Speeding is a crime. And making him out to be a nice man in conjunction with a crime that kills was inappropriate. But then again, it is all down to personal standards.

i did 85 in a 55 and just got my license suspended for 30 days

Yeah, it's very curious why he got jail time.  And didn't get bailed out?  His only count was speeding, not reckless or DUI.

When were OTA's over?  He was arrested last Wednesday.

To me, it was very appropriate. Speeding is a crime. And making him out to be a nice man in conjunction with a crime that kills was inappropriate. But then again, it is all down to personal standards.

Like I said, crime is crime. But there's a reason they have varying degrees of crimes.

i did 85 in a 55 and just got my license suspended for 30 days

Lucky. Mine may have been a lil different cause I was on a military post. So I got cuffed and taken in, lost driving privilege for a year. Only lasted 3 months cause I got then reinstated for a certain time if the day.

Speeding isn't necessarily a crime.  It depends on the state and what goes along with the violation.  It can be a civil offense, or an infraction.

Yes, it's dangerous.  And yes, it must have been excessive for him to get arrested.  We're all speculating now.

I think the OP's point was that he wasn't being a jerk about it.  Sounds like he owned his mistake.  

Speeding isn't necessarily a crime.  It depends on the state and what goes along with the violation.  It can be a civil offense, or an infraction.

Yes, it's dangerous.  And yes, it must have been excessive for him to get arrested.  We're all speculating now.

I think the OP's point was that he wasn't being a jerk about it.  Sounds like he owned his mistake.  

Yep, fair point.

Lucky. Mine may have been a lil different cause I was on a military post. So I got cuffed and taken in, lost driving privilege for a year. Only lasted 3 months cause I got then reinstated for a certain time if the day.

I also had to pay a 500 dollar fine