Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh McNary's Enlistment Time

atapcl

I stand corrected. Was his military obligation over on 5/21/13?

Can't say with certainty, but I doubt it. His active obligation may be over, but I suspect he still has a reserve obligation. If memory serves, David Robinson was allowed to join the NBA after 2 years active naval service, but he had a reserve obligation afterwards. Service academy grads normally have a 5 year active obligation. In McNary's case, he may have had some outprocessing/transitional issues to complete and was, therefore, excused from OTAs.

Officers don't have an MOS. They're commissioned into specific branches -- armor, infantry, engineer, quartermaster, AG, etc.

OK, That's cool.  How about I change my question.  Does anyone know he did while he was commissioned? 

OK, That's cool.  How about I change my question.  Does anyone know he did while he was commissioned? 

Not sure that you have that question phrased right either. Please re - think and submit again.

Not sure that you have that question phrased right either. Please re - think and submit again.

Here, what was his job, what branch was he in, where did he serve, what unit did he serve with, can we see his ORB, can they release his DD214, anything else?

Here, what was his job, what branch was he in, where did he serve, what unit did he serve with, can we see his ORB, can they release his DD214, anything else?

Good job... much better. Sorry can't help you with any of the answers .

They need to let him go. He's not gonna have a fair shot at making the 53 roster if they make him miss pieces of Training Camp

Yeah, his best hope is that they like him enough to put him on the PS.  He hasn't played in what, 2 years?  Can't imagine he's in football shape, much less pro ready.

He must have a jerk for a Commanding Officer. It is within a Commander's discretion to allow a member of his staff leave for a serious civilian commitment. Barring his actually being in theatre, I don't know why he wouldn't have been allowed to come to OTAs.

I cant say for a fact but I highly doubt football ota's and even training camp falls under serious civilian commitment, I think serious civilian commitment is death in the family and a select few other instances

I cant say for a fact but I highly doubt football ota's and even training camp falls under serious civilian commitment, I think serious civilian commitment is death in the family and a select few other instances

I appreciate your 'thoughts' but do me a favor, go to work for the Army's 3rd largest Command, brief the General and his command staff weekly, represent him in both CONUS and OCONUS then get back to me on what does and doesn't qualify for a serious civilian commitment....ESPECIALLY for as Reserve Officer when it concerns/impacts his employment/employability. Much less an opportunity that RARELY occurs for one of his or her officers. :)

Barring him being in the OA or possibly some very serious training where his expertise is indespensible (highly unlikely) I'd expect any Commanding Officer worth his or her salt to look out for the future well-being of one of his officers and give them a lot of latitude.