Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks Game - Tickets Confirmed.

braveheartcolt

I know, these threads are pretty lame, but I've just had confirmation. Not much pickin's left. I'm in Section 509, row 1. If anyone is nearby, shout. Also staying in the Holiday Inn Express, about an Andrew Luck long throw away from the LOS. If Olblu was still here, he would say that throw would land in the Old RCA Dome (if it was still there).

Long time to go, so I won't bore you all much more until nearer the time. But I'm pretty stoked already.

I know, these threads are pretty lame, but I've just had confirmation. Not much pickin's left. I'm in Section 509, row 1. If anyone is nearby, shout. Also staying in the Holiday Inn Express, about an Andrew Luck long throw away from the LOS. If Olblu was still here, he would say that throw would land in the Old RCA Dome (if it was still there).

Long time to go, so I won't bore you all much more until nearer the time. But I'm pretty stoked already.

Have two questions for you.

1) Do you eat food?

2) Are you open to beer?

Have two questions for you.

1) Do you eat food?

2) Are you open to beer?

I think there is a very small chance that you may already know the answer. And do you remember offering to be my guide if I ever came over? Around 2008 I believe? My two good American friends who are joining me are Giant and Packer fans. That may put you off!

I think there is a very small chance that you may already know the answer. And do you remember offering to be my guide if I ever came over? Around 2008 I believe? My two good American friends who are joining me are Giant and Packer fans. That may put you off!

I do remember the offer and that is the origin of this note to you today.

So I cordially invite you to our tailgate the morning of the Seahawks game.  And bring your friends - they are welcomed.  The only stipulation is that I hold a special place in my heart for Bill Polian and don't take kindly to any derisive language regarding the former architect of our beloved team.  So can you hold your tongue for the pregame festivities?  ;)

Let me get this straight - you got a Giants fan and a Packers fan to go to Indy for a Colts/Seahawks game? Those are friends.

Did they lose a bet? Are you the leader of a cult or something? haha

I do remember the offer and that is the origin of this note to you today.

So I cordially invite you to our tailgate the morning of the Seahawks game.  And bring your friends - they are welcomed.  The only stipulation is that I hold a special place in my heart for Bill Polian and don't take kindly to any derisive language regarding the former architect of our beloved team.  So can you hold your tongue for the pregame festivities?  ;)

Sir, I will hold my tongue for the entire visit, and I cordially accept the invite to the tailgate. We shall join the dots in due course. My friends are gentlemen, and also like beer and food. Some may even say they like their food more than their beer, if you get my drift!

I also fully appreciate the invite. Top notch,

I'll be in touch.

Sir, I will hold my tongue for the entire visit, and I cordially accept the invite to the tailgate. We shall join the dots in due course. My friends are gentlemen, and also like beer and food. Some may even say they like their food more than their beer, if you get my drift!

I also fully appreciate the invite. Top notch,

I'll be in touch.

My offer is still good as well... feel free to get in touch. You and your friends could help determine if our local Scottish pub is authentic or not.

No. It's good to show the classy fans we have. Mellow sir, and have a wee dram.....

I agree. We almost chose that game for my boys out weekend but we couldn't wait so we're going to the Dolphins game.

If I were there I'd hoist one with you. You'll be the guy in the Colts kilt, I assume?

Gotcha. Spent St Patty's Day there last year when the Rathskeller was way too crowded. Great bar - from what I can recall.

Used to be a regular at both the Skeller and Macs when I lived downtown, but life took me northside. I used to be friends with a lot of the staff at both, too. The Skeller's has stayed largely the same, but I don't recognize anyone at Macs anymore.

Macs has (or used to have, anyway) an all James Bond themed men's room. The best part was the gorgeous large poster of Halle Berry over the urinal... which made it a little difficult to focus on the "task".

Well, that's two bars on my list for the Friday night! Cheers fellas....

Have a blast my friend, enjoy the game, & have a cold one on me! That should be a spectacular game to witness LIVE too. I'm a little jealous...No worries BHC...

Just promise me that you will enjoy yourself.  :thmup:   :colts:

Is being Scottish not a cult?

International Colts fans Rock!  :rock: Is the kilt included with acceptance into the Scottish fraternity & does it come with a complementary pint of Guinness? The darker the ale the better. Just Kidding BHC!  ;)

What do our ancestral coat of arms look like anyway? I'm curious...Like this? 

scotland_coat_of_arms_poster-r48efb2635b

Have a blast my friend, enjoy the game, & have a cold one on me! That should be a spectacular game to witness LIVE too. I'm a little jealous...No worries BHC...

Just promise me that you will enjoy yourself.  :thmup:   :colts:

Thanks pal. As always, I appreciate your kind words.....I'm thinking it could be a very memorable weekend, irrespective of the score.

Gotcha. Spent St Patty's Day there last year when the Rathskeller was way too crowded. Great bar - from what I can recall.

I've checked out McNivens on the interweb. Looks pretty cool. I've dropped them a note to say I'll be swinging by that weekend, and would love to share a beer with the owner, who actually is from Scotland.  

Thanks pal. As always, I appreciate your kind words.....I'm thinking it could be a very memorable weekend, irrespective of the score.

Crap! I ran out of likes. Major Bummer...I am very fond of your humor, your style, & your way of expressing yourself BHC.  :thmup: You speak your mind & make no apologies for your viewpoints. I respect that. 

Thanks for supporting the  :blueshoe: Horseshoe my friend & enjoy the whole stadium experience my friend!  :td:  :disco:  :coltslogo:

• 2 weeks later...

Update #1: Hotel booked. Right opposite the LOS. Flights booked. Landing in Indy at 13.35 on the Friday. My NYG buddie is landing around 6pm. I've already hooked up with the owner of McNivens, (the Scottish bar highlighted by Schwamm) and he hopes to be around on the Friday for a beer and a chat about a Scotsman living in Indy. He married a girl from Carmel I think, and she also owns a bar in Indy.

My buddy confirmed we should share a hotel room to keep costs down, but insisted that there was 'no spooning'......the cost savings will fund some additional beers I noted.

We'll probably play it by ear re food on the Friday, but might try and grab a reservation at St Elmo's for the Saturday evening, although I don't know if that will be achievable.

Section 509, row one. Now I need to find a Colts sporran.....

Tell me what it is like at LOS. I hopefully want to go to the Redskins vs Colts game next year if it is at LOS so I can rub it in the faces of the 'Skins fan around my area.

Should be a fantastic game on paper. 2 young, hungry, and scrappy teams that will duke it out to the very end.