Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We might be looking to trade up

Alabama CB Dee Milliner is visiting the Colts on Wednesday.

It is an interesting visit, since the Colts don't pick until No. 24. The team has Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, and Greg Toler, but if Milliner last beyond pick No. 10, a variety of teams could trade up for his services. Keep in mind the depth at the position, and Milliner does not specialize in a specific trait like Xavier Rhodes.

We would likely have to trade up to the 6th spot to get him. That's a 1,600 point spot. Our first round pick this year is worth 740.

To get Milliner we would have to give up a 2012 1st, a 2012 3rd, and another 2013 1st. And If I'm not mistaken, future picks are not worth as many point. We would have to theorically give up 4 high round picks to move up that far. That's not worth it IMO.

No way we trade up into the top 10.. Give away too much. If anything, trade back to acquire more picks

no way we trade back. if G talent is there, we pull the trigger. every other position may be a back up other than G because our defense is set for this year. maybe a CB will out-do Butler for the nickel but i dont see that happening. every sign points that we are looking to develop 1 year talent aka starter next year. maybe DE/OLB this year to use as situational pass rush but thats all. everything is set for us to take a WR this year. you heard it here first. Allen/Hopkins i'd put money on it, especially since Allen ran a slow (injured) 40 time....that screams Grigson right there. Plus, the more film I watch on Allen, the more I like. he is the possesion/out jump reciever that we need. just look at some of his tape right here.

also, watch Allen burn desmond Trufant, the so called #2 best corner in the draft (as rated by ESPN)

DHB 1 year contract, and Wayne aging...Allen is our future #1 reciever. that is all.

I think you're going to be surprised at the "names" dropping on draft day. Despite all of the talking experts, TWO QB'S will go in the FIRST 10 picks, and what may that open up?

Drafting QB's high, regardless of top-skills, is an addiction for weak front offices.

I think you're right about that.

I believe that Geno Smith, Matt Barkley....and in a surprise selection.....EJ Manuel will all go in the 1st round.

It doesn't mean they should....I just think they will.

no way we trade back. if G talent is there, we pull the trigger. every other position may be a back up other than G because our defense is set for this year. maybe a CB will out-do Butler for the nickel but i dont see that happening. every sign points that we are looking to develop 1 year talent aka starter next year. maybe DE/OLB this year to use as situational pass rush but thats all. everything is set for us to take a WR this year. you heard it here first. Allen/Hopkins i'd put money on it, especially since Allen ran a slow (injured) 40 time....that screams Grigson right there. Plus, the more film I watch on Allen, the more I like. he is the possesion/out jump reciever that we need. just look at some of his tape right here.

also, watch Allen burn desmond Trufant, the so called #2 best corner in the draft (as rated by ESPN)

DHB 1 year contract, and Wayne aging...Allen is our future #1 reciever. that is all.

We heard it here about 10,001st. Welcome to the board. I too like Allen, but feel we can pick up a serviceable possession receiver in the 3rd. My money is on OLB or OG, but it just depends how the board plays out.

I'm not saying we do trade back by any means.. Just that the I would be more for that than trading up.

I also have wanted a WR... I am big on Hopkins. Have to replace 87 at some point

Trade 1st and 6th, 7th...

1. Milner CB

3. Bostic OLB or Schwenke or Jones C/G

4. Bell, RB or Kruger DE or Thomas FS

6. Graham RB or Evans FS

7. Nealy DE or Hansen C or Cave C

*McCalebb RB

*Armstrong FS

No way we get Milliner by giving up peanuts like that.

Oh Dustin...an elephant never forgets. If it was for a QB, I would agree...

You think a team in the top 10 would trade all the way back to 24 for a 6 and a 7? Cleveland moved up one spot last year for more than that to get Richardson.

We heard it here about 10,001st. Welcome to the board. I too like Allen, but feel we can pick up a serviceable possession receiver in the 3rd. My money is on OLB or OG, but it just depends how the board plays out.

I don't see a G falling back that far, plus more OLB talent in later rounds than WR. All I hear is melette making it to 3rd day, than huge drop off. We could get porter, Thomas, or q. Smith on 3rd day. Still points to WR in my mind. Thanks for the welcome

Trade 1st and 6th, 7th...

1. Milner CB

3. Bostic OLB or Schwenke or Jones C/G

4. Bell, RB or Kruger DE or Thomas FS

6. Graham RB or Evans FS

7. Nealy DE or Hansen C or Cave C

*McCalebb RB

*Armstrong FS

What else will we get for giving up are 1st 6th and 7th ?

Oh Dustin...an elephant never forgets. If it was for a QB, I would agree...

It makes absolutely no difference what position it is. There is a trade chart and our 1st, 6th, and 7th do not even add up to 800 points and let's just say it would take going to the 10th spot in the draft to get Milliner...that would take 1300 points at least.

http://www.drafttek.com/tradechart.html

It makes absolutely no difference what position it is. There is a trade chart and our 1st, 6th, and 7th do not even add up to 800 points and let's just say it would take going to the 10th spot in the draft to get Milliner...that would take 1300 points at least.

http://www.drafttek.com/tradechart.html

What did that trade chart say for Washington last year?  Dallas the year before?  1st #24 and a 6th & 7th...is all I would give to move up into the top ten.  Maybe its the wording that you are concerned about.  A.  I'm a colts fan. B. That is all that I would give up to grab a top 10 player...  If the other team doesn't like the deal...then no deal.  Cheers