Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Chiefs leaning towards selecting Dion Jordan #1 overall.

It could be a smoke screen, or there intent, or both.  They want to trade out.  By telling the world what they plan to do, any interested suitors for Jordan may look to check their draft value to see what it'd take to move up to take him.

At this point, the Chiefs could say they are dead set on somebody, and it wouldn't matter.  They don't have to fight anyone to get him, so why not say it now?

Cheifs have talent on both sides....The addition of Jordan who is an incredible athlete, could make their defense even more versatile, I wish the Colts could get Jordan he is the only player in the draft that can play DE, rush OLB or cover LB..The Cheifs will be next years Colts I can see them winning 9 or 10 games with Reid at the helm..Good QB, good O-line, Elite running back, Elite Receiver and good young defense that will only get better...If not Jordan, or O-line, if they trade back and pick-up Tavon Austin and a good TE in the 2nd they are gonna be very good.

Gotta be a smokescreen.

I don't have access to all of his tape and whatnot, but from what Youtube allow me to watch, he seems like a bust waiting to happen. On all of his pass rushes, all he does is try to speed rush around the edge. He made no plays against the run. His coverage looked alright, but it's hard to tell as he only dropped back a couple times, and he's just got so much length it would be hard to throw against him when you have other options. I am not impressed.

There are NO "sure bets" so I can totally see Jordan going first.    He has "arguably" the biggest upside of ANY player.   

His only negative is his bum shoulder.      But DJ is a player.    He is a perfect 34 OLB.       IF he is healthy I can see him going first.

If they can't trade ....  who then?   

Gotta be a smokescreen.

I don't have access to all of his tape and whatnot, but from what Youtube allow me to watch, he seems like a bust waiting to happen. On all of his pass rushes, all he does is try to speed rush around the edge. He made no plays against the run. His coverage looked alright, but it's hard to tell as he only dropped back a couple times, and he's just got so much length it would be hard to throw against him when you have other options. I am not impressed.

That video is from half a game where USC threw it over 50 times, of course there isn't going to be much against the run. He also drops back a third of the time and was never challenged, you say that teams don't want to throw it his way because of his length like it's a bad thing.

I don't like Dion Jordan either I call him my bust of the draft. He is good in coverage but as far as pass rush he just constantly just runs himself out of the play, tackles can easily just ride him right out of the play(especially the Stanford game). He hustles though he chases everything down and never gives up on a play. But as far as a pass rusher I don't like him. His coverage ability for a 3-4 OLB and non stop motor is top notch though

Anything that comes out now is just that, a smokescreen to see if you can possibly move down a few spots and still get a player you want. The new CBA has made trades so much easier due to the lower salaries, and KC could trade down 4-5 spots and still get a good left tackle, Johnson, so they would love for someone who covets Jordan to want to move up. Jordan is not worth the number one pick though. In the end, Chiefs go with Joekel. The only thing that upsets the apple cart is Albert not wanting to move to RT.

Anything that comes out now is just that, a smokescreen to see if you can possibly move down a few spots and still get a player you want. The new CBA has made trades so much easier due to the lower salaries, and KC could trade down 4-5 spots and still get a good left tackle, Johnson, so they would love for someone who covets Jordan to want to move up. Jordan is not worth the number one pick though. In the end, Chiefs go with Joekel. The only thing that upsets the apple cart is Albert not wanting to move to RT.

I think with Albert, the Chiefs simply will either re-sign him and draft Jordan, or they'll draft a LT and work out a trade during the draft.

Any team looking for either one of the top 2 tackles would likely happily settle on Albert if they could trade a 2 or 3 to bring him over.  If I am the Chiefs, that'd be what I'd work on.  Even you can't get Albert long term, you just as well take your pick of the top two LT candidates this year.  No sense playing him out on the tag to lose him next off season, and have no one to replace him with.