Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/08

sb41champs

They might start making us play the Redskins more often now for a RG3 & Luck rivalry

they will once every four years when it's the AFC souths turn to play the NFC east unless they meet in a Super Bowl or per-season game. Next year will be their first "real" meeting and it will be in Indy.

The NFL doesn;t just assign random teams for us to play..

Play each team in divison twice (6 games)

Play 1 AFC and 1 NFC Division (8 games)

And play 2 teams from other divisions in AFC that matched our standings (We were 2nd, so we get 2 2nds... Bengals & Dolphins)

I'm not surprised we're not playing them simply because we can't just play them every year. I don't think the rivalry is over, but I do think we're overdue for another out of division rivalry. However, none sound as exciting as the Pats maybe other than the Ravens (beat us pretty bad the season before last and knocked us out of the playoffs last season). Also, as far as rivalries go, I feel like the strength of our overall division rivalries is growing. The Colts are no longer a shoe-in for top spot every season, and last season had a lot of heartbreakers for all teams. (Colts winning first Titans game, Colts narrowly losing to Jags week 3, Jags losing in OT to Texans, Texans continuing to be winless at LOS) So, I've got plenty to look forward to in at least 6 games next season, but other than Denver and maybe Seattle (thanks to Russel Wilson), I don't see much hype in the other matchups other than "this or that team is good so it should be an interesting match-up" 

Like others have said, it has nothing to do with the rivalry.  It happens that both the Pats and Colts have finished at the same spot in their divisions (first) on the years where our divisions wouldn't play each other.   Then those teams would play.

If the Pats finished second in their division, or we won ours, we'd play them this year.

It's not like they pick the games. It's a formula they use to determine it.

Speaking of the NFL's game schedule selection committee, what is the toughest decision they make anyway? What toppings to put on their Poppa John's Pizza before the brainstorming even begins?  haha

order_Pizza_Papa_Johns_Pizza_delivery_me