Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South $5 million and up club

HtownColt

Hyperbole...    it can only last until September.  

Then REALITY sets in......

I live in reality. My reality says Texans>Colts, but we will see when the season starts. No whining or flaming me again when that first win rolls around either. ;)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foster's also never had a season where he fumbled more than once. Peterson? 9 times. Out of ammo? No, I am using your logic on this matter. Apparently there are tiers based off of results for NFL players. Brady is, then, high and above the other QBs due to his numbers and rings.

That first part is completely untrue. Foster has fumbled 3,4, and 3 times since 2010.

How many times do I have to say it?

"Don't compare running backs to QBs"

It just doesn't work. If you want to feel that way about Brady than fine I respect your opinion but to say that my logic somehow dictates that makes no sense. I'm talking about runningbacks not QBs.

Foster reminds me of Larry Johnson. Very underrated RB.

Peterson reminds me of a mix between Barry Sanders and Jim Brown. Dude will retire as one of the best Running backs ever. It's not a knock on Foster to say that Peterson is better, because Peterson is one of the best running backs I've ever seen. And I've seen plenty.

That first part is completely untrue. Foster has fumbled 3,4, and 3 times since 2010.

How many times do I have to say it?

It just doesn't work. If you want to feel that way about Brady than fine I respect your opinion but to say that my logic somehow dictates that makes no sense. I'm talking about runningbacks not QBs.

Foster reminds me of Larry Johnson. Very underrated RB.

Peterson reminds me of a mix between Barry Sanders and Jim Brown. Dude will retire as one of the best Running backs ever. It's not a knock on Foster to say that Peterson is better, because Peterson is one of the best running backs I've ever seen. And I've seen plenty.

My bad. I mistyped, I was intending to say 4. Having a one-fumble season record would be incredible. Foster has drawn comparisons to Eric Dickerson. Was actually his favorite RB growing up. I guess it all comes down to opinion when it comes to who's the best out of those two.

My QB comparison is completely in line with your RB comparison, but whatever. Whatever fits your argument I suppose. My comparison of the QBs was to show just how silly it is to use a number/stats as a definite indicator of which player is better. But whatever.

My bad. I mistyped, I was intending to say 4. Having a one-fumble season record would be incredible. Foster has drawn comparisons to Eric Dickerson. Was actually his favorite RB growing up. I guess it all comes down to opinion when it comes to who's the best out of those two.

My QB comparison is completely in line with your RB comparison, but whatever. Whatever fits your argument I suppose. My comparison of the QBs was to show just how silly it is to use a number/stats as a definite indicator of which player is better. But whatever.

:facepalm:

The numbers aren't what you judge them soley on. For running backs they way more heavily IMO. I would rather have a running back that ran for 5 yards per carry than 4 yards per carry. There's too many variable to use the same argument for QB and even for a running back there are variables that have to be considered.

:facepalm:

The numbers aren't what you judge them soley on. For running backs they way more heavily IMO. I would rather have a running back that ran for 5 yards per carry than 4 yards per carry. There's too many variable to use the same argument for QB and even for a running back there are variables that have to be considered.

Ah, but what if the 4 yards got you a TD in the last 3 seconds of the game? :)

OK, if this thread has become Foster vs. Adrian Peterson, it's just gone stupid.  That's no contest.  My point is that Chris Johnson was almost traded/released.  He will not see another contract near the one he signed and then summarily shut it down after.  Foster will. 

I hope they both suck forever for the record. 

OK, if this thread has become Foster vs. Adrian Peterson, it's just gone stupid. That's no contest. My point is that Chris Johnson was almost traded/released. He will not see another contract near the one he signed and then summarily shut it down after. Foster will.

I hope they both suck forever for the record.

Oh well. Arian is going to be a thorn for many years to come, no tread on his tires yet. Besides this thread was stupid long before Peterson came into the discussion. :)

Where we always owned you is the quarterback position.  Schaub is just a guy, but he's better than Curtis Painter.  He's also slightly better than Andrew Luck in the first 6 weeks of his rookie season.  Now, he's not.  Luck is superior to him in every way.  Schaub just has that knack of throwing the absolutely crippling interception.  Remember Gary Brackett stealing his lunch money on a "potential game winning drive"?  Schaub also has injury issues, and his mental strength is up there with fellow Pro Bowler Vince Young.

I live in reality. My reality says Texans>Colts, but we will see when the season starts. No whining or flaming me again when that first win rolls around either. ;)

Where we always owned you is the quarterback position.  Schaub is just a guy, but he's better than Curtis Painter.  He's also slightly better than Andrew Luck in the first 6 weeks of his rookie season.  Now, he's not.  Luck is superior to him in every way.  Schaub just has that knack of throwing the absolutely crippling interception.  Remember Gary Brackett stealing his lunch money on a "potential game winning drive"?  Schaub also has injury issues, and his mental strength is up there with fellow Pro Bowler Vince Young.

OhdearGod you have to be kidding me. Schaub is ahead of 12. 12 isn't even superior to some of his fellow rookies yet. You really think a kid that squeezes the ball, throws INTs, and takes sacks like crazy is better than the guy leading a playoff team and SB contending team? Is there more potential for the young guy? Yeah, sure. But I still expect the veteran to get at least one ring before the young guy does.  Alright, think what you will. Comparing Schaub's mental capacity to crazy Vince Young's is ridiculous too. But this is coming from a fanbase with a few members that thinks Chris Johnson is better than Arian Foster. I'm never surprised with you guys.

OhdearGod you have to be kidding me. Schaub is ahead of 12. 12 isn't even superior to some of his fellow rookies yet. You really think a kid that squeezes the ball, throws INTs, and takes sacks like crazy is better than the guy leading a playoff team and SB contending team? Is there more potential for the young guy? Yeah, sure. But I still expect the veteran to get at least one ring before the young guy does. Alright, think what you will. Comparing Schaub's mental capacity to crazy Vince Young's is ridiculous too. But this is coming from a fanbase with a few members that thinks Chris Johnson is better than Arian Foster. I'm never surprised with you guys.

That's hilarious, the only reason he took sacks is because we had the second worst O-line in the nfl last year. Andrew Luck was sacked the most out of any QB last season. No I don't think Chris Johnson is better than Arian Foster, however, I would take Luck over Schaub any day. Schaub is easily the weakest link on that team.

That's hilarious, the only reason he took sacks is because we had the second worst O-line in the nfl last year. Andrew Luck was sacked the most out of any QB last season. No I don't think Chris Johnson is better than Arian Foster, however, I would take Luck over Schaub any day. Schaub is easily the weakest link on that team.

I find your username ironic. Anywho, no, it was not all the line's fault. I have seen 12 in action and he should have gotten rid of the ball numerous times. Take 12 if you want...well, you already have him. We already have Schaub. No one is dissatisfied I suppose.

I find your username ironic. Anywho, no, it was not all the line's fault. I have seen 12 in action and he should have gotten rid of the ball numerous times. Take 12 if you want...well, you already have him. We already have Schaub. No one is dissatisfied I suppose.

He was playing in a vertical offense with 1 or no dump off options. That will change this year with the transition into the west coast offense. I think Luck has already shown he is better than Schaub and he is just in his rookie year. They both throw interceptions, however, Luck was a rookie.

Here is IndyStar, they give us the cap hit for all 76 players we have under contract right now and what year they are signed through.

http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsider/2013/04/08/a-player-by-player-breakdown-of-the-colts-2013-salary-cap/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Showing Franklin at $940k. I've also seen $890k. Negligible difference, either way.

Also, I'd like to again point out that only the top 51 players count against the cap before the regular season begins.

Showing Franklin at $940k. I've also seen $890k. Negligible difference, either way.

Also, I'd like to again point out that only the top 51 players count against the cap before the regular season begins.

I've never seen the $890k you keep referring to. Everywhere I read says 940k

He was playing in a vertical offense with 1 or no dump off options. That will change this year with the transition into the west coast offense. I think Luck has already shown he is better than Schaub and he is just in his rookie year. They both throw interceptions, however, Luck was a rookie.

He had plenty of options, and they don't all have to be dump-offs. I don't see why so many are excited to see him changing and having to learn a completely different offense all over again...that never bodes well. Maybe he will be good at it in a few years but you can expect some rockiness this season. Still, to say that 12 is better than Schaub is just crazy at this point in time. 12 isn't even the best among his fellow rookies, how can he be better than a veteran? Again, we are just fine with Schaub down here in Houston, and will remain that way until our HC says otherwise. Yoy guys are happy with your QB. Let's leave it at that, because comparisons and saying " Oh, our 2nd year guy is better!" is just going to lead to some hurt feelings.

Whenever we play the Titans in recent years I don't worry too much about Chris Johnson burning us badly or being the cause of a potential loss.

Whenever we play the Texans or Jags you can bet I worry about their RBs ahead of time.

I get the sense the Colts are signing some guys who they feel can help stop the run more then anything right now and they want to gear up for a division that normally runs it down our throats.

Just my 2 cents..but I don't see much of any difference in receptions last year between Foster and Johnson not that I'm taking either side...

Chris Johnson 2012

Receptions Yards   Yards Per Catch    Long    TD's   Fumbles   Fumbles Lost

36               232              6.4                  22         0            5                 4

Foster 2012

Receptions Yards   Yards Per Catch    Long   TD's    Fumbles   Fumbles Lost

40                217              5.4                 23        2             3                  2

Just my 2 cents..but I don't see much of any difference in receptions last year between Foster and Johnson not that I'm taking either side...

Chris Johnson 2012

Receptions Yards   Yards Per Catch    Long    TD's   Fumbles   Fumbles Lost

36               232              6.4                  22         0            5                 4

Foster 2012

Receptions Yards   Yards Per Catch    Long   TD's    Fumbles   Fumbles Lost

40                217              5.4                 23        2             3                  2

True, but if we look at history since Foster came into the league...

YPC: 11.6, 9.2, 11.6, 9.4, with 6 TDs. Johnson's YPC: 10.1, 5.6, 7.3, and 6.4 for 3 TDs.

You missed one important point here.  Luck is the best of the rookies.  However, even if you don't think so, I would take Wilson and maybe Griffin over Schaub.  I've just seen the deer in the headlights look too much from him.  Look at the game we played last season here in Indy.  Schaub was atrocious, and that's how he rolls in big games.  They win that and he doesn't have to go on the road in the playoffs.  Choke job.

He had plenty of options, and they don't all have to be dump-offs. I don't see why so many are excited to see him changing and having to learn a completely different offense all over again...that never bodes well. Maybe he will be good at it in a few years but you can expect some rockiness this season. Still, to say that 12 is better than Schaub is just crazy at this point in time. 12 isn't even the best among his fellow rookies, how can he be better than a veteran? Again, we are just fine with Schaub down here in Houston, and will remain that way until our HC says otherwise. Yoy guys are happy with your QB. Let's leave it at that, because comparisons and saying " Oh, our 2nd year guy is better!" is just going to lead to some hurt feelings.

You missed one important point here.  Luck is the best of the rookies.  However, even if you don't think so, I would take Wilson and maybe Griffin over Schaub.  I've just seen the deer in the headlights look too much from him.  Look at the game we played last season here in Indy.  Schaub was atrocious, and that's how he rolls in big games.  They win that and he doesn't have to go on the road in the playoffs.  Choke job.

And 12 was better in Houston? Or Chicago? Or (giggle) Jacksonville? The only games that he won that he "wasn't supposed to" were an emtoion-filled home game against a defense riddled with injury and against the Packers by a mere three points. I still think Griffin and Wilson are better than 12, but that's just my opinion. I'd gladly take them over 12 as well. Different people have different viewpoints. Choke job? Schaub actually won in the playoffs. 12, however...

And 12 was better in Houston? Or Chicago? Or (giggle) Jacksonville? The only games that he won that he "wasn't supposed to" were an emtoion-filled home game against a defense riddled with injury and against the Packers by a mere three points. I still think Griffin and Wilson are better than 12, but that's just my opinion. I'd gladly take them over 12 as well. Different people have different viewpoints. Choke job? Schaub actually won in the playoffs. 12, however...

"12" was a rookie.

And he has a name, just like every other quarterback you referred to in that post.

"12" was a rookie.

And he has a name, just like every other quarterback you referred to in that post.

I know that. But he wears #12, does he not? Robert Griffin's name is, well, Robert Griffin but I see Bobby being used all the time, or Scrub or Matty for Schaub. At least 12 isn't an attempt to degrade the opposition. And your cliche' rookie statement is ironic in a discussion started by one person's declaration that 12 is better than Schaub, a seasoned vet.

OhdearGod you have to be kidding me. Schaub is ahead of 12. 12 isn't even superior to some of his fellow rookies yet. You really think a kid that squeezes the ball, throws INTs, and takes sacks like crazy is better than the guy leading a playoff team and SB contending team? Is there more potential for the young guy? Yeah, sure. But I still expect the veteran to get at least one ring before the young guy does.  Alright, think what you will. Comparing Schaub's mental capacity to crazy Vince Young's is ridiculous too. But this is coming from a fanbase with a few members that thinks Chris Johnson is better than Arian Foster. I'm never surprised with you guys.

Have you or do you actually spend any time on your own Texans message board? There are SEVERAL threads there about how much they hate Schaub and that they think he lacks mental toughness and is very limited( skill wise) as a QB. They also actually Praise Lucks QB play.  The majority of Texan fans would trade Schaub for Luck.  You really should read it sometime. Maybe you would be more aware of what the people down in Texas actually do think of Schaub. Instead of saying we are quite happy with our QB,  You maybe, but your fanbase is not.

Have you or do you actually spend any time on your own Texans message board? There are SEVERAL threads there about how much they hate Schaub and that they think he lacks mental toughness and is very limited( skill wise) as a QB. They also actually Praise Lucks QB play.  The majority of Texan fans would trade Schaub for Luck.  You really should read it sometime. Maybe you would be more aware of what the people down in Texas actually do think of Schaub. Instead of saying we are quite happy with our QB,  You maybe, but your fanbase is not.

Yeah, because I get all my opinions from online. In case you're forgetting, I flippin' live in Houston. I know what people say about Schaub. And it is a mixed bag. Some don't believe that all the blame can be applied to one person when in fact the whole team wasn't playing like they should in the playoffs...until late in that second game anyway. As it is, there will be no 12/Schaub trade, so it's a moot point. Why can't you guys just be happy with your guy without claiming he is better than the rest of the starting QBs in the league? Because I most certainly don't go around proclaiming one QB's greatness over another just to feel secure. I know my QB's strengths and weaknesses,  your QB has his own, and we can leave it at that.

Yep! You maybe able to find 5 people in the entire world(outside of Houston) that would say Schaub is better than Luck, but that would be about it. Just because a QB is veteran doesn't make him automatically better than a rookie.

Yep! You maybe able to find 5 people in the entire world(outside of Houston) that would say Schaub is better than Luck, but that would be about it. Just because a QB is veteran doesn't make him automatically better than a rookie.

You would also find a million people in America that would say Griffin is better than 12. Or more. And it's okay, because they are both rookies.

Yeah and 1 of them lives on our Colts message board. :dancing:

Yeah and 1 of them lives on our Colts message board. :dancing:

And ironically enough, I'm not the one who starts these silly arguments. It's those insecure fans who wish that their new QB would be automatically as good as their old one, but that's a dream they'll have to keep dreaming.

Had to bring your mancrush into it huh?

Says one of the swarmers when I say something as simple as,  " 12's pass was a little to the right."

" O my godz a Texan fan! Take itz bak now! Schuabb suks!"

Right. You guys are hilarious.