Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Era vs Manning Era

Dark Superman

:popcorn: This thread is priceless. From both side.

I want to point out one argument though. Andrew didn't take a 2-14 team to 11-5.

The front office rolled over a roster from a 2-14 roster into an 11-5 roster.

Andrew lead a completely different team. We had different offensive philosophy. A different defensive philosophy. It was completely new all around. To say he took a 2-14 team to 11-5 makes it sound like he was just plugged into the 2011 team. Which is completely wrong.

Saying he lead a team filled of rookies to 11-5 is a bit more accurate.

If you are referring to my post that is what I said.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what? Because everything I read was that Luck was the more accurate passer. Also, rg3 has been a media driven star. I think he did what the coaches asked him to do. But do I think he will have a better career than Luck like you claim? No fricken way!

RGIII was almost a 70% passer and no, those were not all short dinks and dunks. He probably made as many TD bombs as anyone. You cannot have a 54% completion percentage and claim to be an accurate passer. You cannot have the 31st worst QB rating in the NFL and be an accurate passer. He may turn into that but he isn't that yet. RGIII has already had a better career than Luck and that gap will widen in the coming years. Luck isn't going to make up that big difference....

That's almost as bad as his statement that the Dolphins wouldn't trade Tannehill for Luck. Absolute nonsense and it was time to just bow out of any conversation with him. There is bullheadedness and then there is plain ignorance and that is a kindly as I can put it here.

That is your opinion. I think the Dolphins are sold on Tannehill and I really don't think they would make that trade. I know that I wouldn't. Tannehill has enormous upside compare to Luck and he is going to keep getting better.... I don't know that Luck will get much better...

RGIII was almost a 70% passer and no, those were not all short dinks and dunks. He probably made as many TD bombs as anyone. You cannot have a 54% completion percentage and claim to be an accurate passer. You cannot have the 31st worst QB rating in the NFL and be an accurate passer. He may turn into that but he isn't that yet. RGIII has already had a better career than Luck and that gap will widen in the coming years. Luck isn't going to make up that big difference....

#1. 65% is nowhere near 70%.

#2. He threw less than 20% of his passes more than 15 yards. That's 59 throws compared to 169 for Luck.

#1. 65% is nowhere near 70%.

#2. He threw less than 20% of his passes more than 15 yards. That's 59 throws compared to 169 for Luck.

But it is a long way ahead of 54.1%. I guess that last stat means that RGIII is a whole lot smarter than Luck and takes the short completion when his primary receiver is covered. I think that is one of Luck's biggest weaknesses, not checking off to a secondary receiver.

But it is a long way ahead of 54.1%. I guess that last stat means that RGIII is a whole lot smarter than Luck and takes the short completion when his primary receiver is covered. I think that is one of Luck's biggest weaknesses, not checking off to a secondary receiver.

he is so smart he thought he could run over ngata..

RGIII was almost a 70% passer and no, those were not all short dinks and dunks. He probably made as many TD bombs as anyone. You cannot have a 54% completion percentage and claim to be an accurate passer. You cannot have the 31st worst QB rating in the NFL and be an accurate passer. He may turn into that but he isn't that yet. RGIII has already had a better career than Luck and that gap will widen in the coming years. Luck isn't going to make up that big difference....

Yeah so you keep bringing up their rookie year (last year) but you were talking about your claim coming out of college. Guess we'll see what happens when Luck is in a system he is familiar with just like rg3 was in a system he was familiar with. Then lets hear the excuses.

Yeah so you keep bringing up their rookie year (last year) but you were talking about your claim coming out of college. Guess we'll see what happens when Luck is in a system he is familiar with just like rg3 was in a system he was familiar with. Then lets hear the excuses.

The Redskins staff was smart enough to change their system to match RGIII's skills. I guess the Colts staff wasn't up to that...

:popcorn: This thread is priceless. From both side.

I want to point out one argument though. Andrew didn't take a 2-14 team to 11-5.

The front office rolled over a roster from a 2-14 roster into an 11-5 roster.

Andrew lead a completely different team. We had different offensive philosophy. A different defensive philosophy. It was completely new all around. To say he took a 2-14 team to 11-5 makes it sound like he was just plugged into the 2011 team. Which is completely wrong.

Saying he lead a team filled of rookies to 11-5 is a bit more accurate.

That's ONE word for it.... :facepalm:

did see luck do it after a turnover? two totally different things

It certainly wasn't after a TD, so the offensive

/team goal is still not reached. You don't get buddy buddy when you're at war. Just what I think anyway.

/team goal is still not reached. You don't get buddy buddy when you're at war. Just what I think anyway.

a turnover gives the other team the ball. a sack does not. i know thus football thing is new in Houston, try to keep up

a turnover gives the other team the ball. a sack does not. i know thus football thing is new in Houston, try to keep up

We won the South the past two years, we know plenty about football down here. And again you miss the point...or are being willfull ignorant. Sure. Be thick if you wish.

37419cadf4be8e2f77fc5c51a9e59452_view.jp

And what exactly is going on in that picture? Definitely not a handshake and even if it is, it doesn't happen after every play, that's for sure. We actually play tough down here in Houston. ;) I don't blame Brady though, who wouldn't want to shake Kareem the Dream's hand?