Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think about Hayward-bey before trading picks, especially a 1st for maclin. Is he that good? Worth giving up that much. And, who even knows if it is maclin. I would of bet big money it was Cruz! Would be starving tonight! Lol

thats makes a hell of  a lot of since.  love to see what he could do with a great qb

I'd think about Hayward-bey before trading picks, especially a 1st for maclin. Is he that good? Worth giving up that much. And, who even knows if it is maclin. I would of bet big money it was Cruz! Would be starving tonight! Lol

For those hoping for news tonight remember how many ever pages ago the tweet from Kravitz that said nothing is likely to happen tonight.  I know it's not fun but patience is required here.  Like I said the last time Irsay started tweeting about a trade it took another what week and half to two weeks before the Davis trade was announced?  Just stay patient. 

Im late to the thread this evening and I'm not sure what has already been posted.  Macklin seems like a good guess as to who it is but this is like the Mike Jenkins deal from last year.  If I am reading correctly that Macklin will be a FA next year then there is no point for a trade.  Just wait a year.  He is not a need at this point, heck wait and get him next year if they like him that much.

I'm happy that Irsay is passionate and wants to interact with the fans.  He is excitable, but it would be nice to if he would underpromise and overdeliver with tweets part of the time. 

Im late to the thread this evening and I'm not sure what has already been posted.  Macklin seems like a good guess as to who it is but this is like the Mike Jenkins deal from last year.  If I am reading correctly that Macklin will be a FA next year then there is no point for a trade.  Just wait a year.  He is not a need at this point, heck wait and get him next year if they like him that much.

I'm happy that Irsay is passionate and wants to interact with the fans.  He is excitable, but it would be nice to if he would underpromise and overdeliver with tweets part of the time. 

I think the Colts would disagree which is why they are pushing so hard for a WR.  They seem to feel a number two WR is a need.  I think that is the one thing we now know for sure out of all of this.  I know others here are okay with Hilton but I think he works better in the slot.  That's not to say he couldn't play outside if he needed too I just think he works better there so the Colts are trying to find another proven outside guy for Luck.

As for why the Colts would make this move now and not just wait for free agency there is no promise they will get him if they wait for free agency.  Someone else could just out bid them for Maclin.  Also odds they would end up over paying for him if he hit the open market as a free agent.  If they trade for him the chances they will be able to keep him go up.  I am sure if they invest in a trade for him they are going to work out a deal to keep him here and that could be part of the hold up is that the Colts are making sure Maclin will sign an extension if they trade for him.  If they can't get an extension done and they do trade for him they can always franchise tag him after the season.  Either way they will probably not end up paying as much for Maclin on a long term deal as they would if he hit the open market and if he hits the open market there is no promise you will land him as a free agent either. 

why is everybody saying Stevie Johnson is not a serious contender for a trade?

I don't know if anyone is saying he isn't a serious contender he could very well be.  His name has been thrown out there.  Maclin just seems to make the most sense to people right now.  I don't think anyone will be blown away if it turns out to be Johnson though.