Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drafting a Middle Linebacker First Round?

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, March 17, 2013 - Off topic
Hidden by Coltssouth, March 17, 2013 - Off topic

You do not grasp that instinctively?

Well, you are obviously homophobic and I don't give a % if a guy or any other person feels attracted to a person of his own gender or not and I don't care if Teo is gay or not. And there is absolutely nothing wrong about that. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't want Ogletree.  We have Freeman, Hickman, Angerer, and Conner, and they have all played well.  I wouldn't go MLB in the first round, but if he is the BPA, I have no problems taking him.  I'd rather see us go elsewhere, but I'd rather us take a position we already have than reach for a position we need.  I'm a firm believer in generally taking the BPA

Well, you are obviously homophobic...

LOLOL I am not afraid of a person who behaves homosexually. What reason would I have to be afraid of ANYONE?

...and I don't give a % if a guy or any other person feels attracted to a person of his own gender or not...

What does that have to do with me?

And there is absolutely nothing wrong about that.

Plato disagrees...

“When male unites with female for procreation the pleasure experienced is to be due to nature, but contrary to nature when male mates with male or female with female, and that those first guilty of such enormities were impelled by their slavery to pleasure.” (636C)

;)

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, March 17, 2013 - Personal argument
Hidden by Coltssouth, March 17, 2013 - Personal argument

LOLOL I am not afraid of a person who behaves homosexually. What reason would I have to be afraid of ANYONE?

What does that have to do with me?

Plato disagrees...

;)

I fail to see what a QUESTION about his sexuality has do with

1. this Topic

2.Football in general unless your implying that gay men cant play football

I also cant for the life of me find a reason to care about what Plato thinks

I fail to see what a QUESTION about his sexuality has do with...

1. this Topic

Allow me to help you...

Someone brought up Manti Teo as a possible draft pick the Colts could make. Teo's sexuality has been brought up in regards to his phony girlfriend; some surmise that the entire episode was created as a cover for his participation in homosexual behavior. THAT is what his sexuality has to do with this topic. :)

2.Football in general unless your implying that gay men cant play football

Apparently there has been quite a backlash from former and current players against those who behave homosexually. Go figure.

I also cant for the life of me find a reason to care about what Plato thinks

Well, that's a personal problem I cannot help you with. ;)

Allow me to help you...

Someone brought up Manti Teo as a possible draft pick the Colts could make. Teo's sexuality has been brought up in regards to his phony girlfriend; some surmise that the entire episode was created as a cover for his participation in homosexual behavior. THAT is what his sexuality has to do with this topic. :)

Apparently there has been quite a backlash from former and current players against those who behave homosexually. Go figure.

Well, that's a personal problem I cannot help you with. ;)

He denied being gay on tv to Katie Couric.......I dont matter to me if he is gay however, Only thing I want to know is if he can play football and that is an obvious yes 

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/24/manti-teo-gay-katie-couric-interview-lennay-kekua-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confession/

The interview

So Plato disagrees? Well, interesting because a lot of greece philosophers were gay and it was very common in ancient greece for example if homosexuality is something "unnatural" why does it even exist? You will find homosexuality even in the animal world for example. Homosexuality is even older than most of the modern religions. So I don't see why it should be wrong to be gay. If Teo made up the girlfriend story just to cover that he is gay I feel with him because it is still hard especially for sportsman in team sports to make a coming out. And thats a shame for our society and whats wrong is that there are still so many intolerant and under developed people that condemn the lifestyle of other.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, March 17, 2013 - Personal Shot
Hidden by Coltssouth, March 17, 2013 - Personal Shot

I've considered it. And wouldn't have any problem if we went there with 24. But I'd rather go Oline. Regardless, I don't want Teo. Grigson seems set on high character guys....Teo doesn't fit the profile...plus he behaves homosexual.

you are an *...

He denied being gay on tv to Katie Couric....

Not sure why. Especially if there is nothing wrong with that.

Seinfeld_not_anything_wrong_small.jpg

I want to know...if he can play football and that is an obvious yes

Well, he can obviously play football. He has been the starting MLB for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

One question is can he continue to play football at a high level in the NFL?

The issue for this franchise is if he is a high character guy or not.

And that also appears to be a question.

MLB is NOT a need....    Indy has some really good ones in Angerer, Freeman, and KC.

That said...  IF a player like Ogletree drops for whatever reason Indy has to take this player.    He is a top 10 talent with out question.    But his off field issues may scare teams off at the top of the draft.    

Any of you questioning this dude's ability please go to youtube and watch this guy.    By the way...  half of his "highlights" occur 20 yards down field defending passes or running plays down.    He is a freakish athlete.   Watch his games against Bama or Nebraska.

The only players I would take over this guy in this entire draft are Star and Warmack.   

Indy's D would be way better the first day he stepped on the field. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2013 - off topic

Well thank you my friend. :)

to each his own.. I was chuckling when i wrote the first response...

While I do disagree with the implications of your statement, I'm not willing to extrapolate that into a profile that will determine (for me) whether or not you are actually a *... I'm sure you are delightful in real life... that was just my initial response to what i saw as an ignorant statement (football-wise, as well as how it relates to social issues)

I'll let these guys argue philosophy and biology with you, I've learned that it is usually a waste of time and it is really a topic for a different kind of forum....

My intention was more a good-natured ribbing than an aggressive insult and it seems as though you've taken it well... I can't really tell, but I'm sure its no big deal to you whether or not some dude you've never met thinks your a jerk, anyway...

just out of curiosity, though...would it have really made you mad if I'd have said "Why would that matter, we all put up with you?", the implication being that you also act like a homosexual? (not that you do, just testing my boundaries... I don't know you)

on a side note: why would anybody use philosophical examples of people who live thousands of years ago to illustrate their point... do people not realize that those societies were not advanced enough to keep their excrement out of their food and water... people have learned a lot (even about ethics) in the time since those philosophies were conceived... No line of inquiry, whether it be physics or the social sciences, can remain static for so long... just look at how wonky the morals of our own grandparents are (were).

Hunter has a top of the 2nd round grade, I like him but there will be players that are higher rated then him at 24

Hunter will be a beast in the NFL.  He also has a first round grade.  At 24 there are very few players that I would take before him and they will most likely be gone.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2013 - off topic

to each his own.. I was chuckling when i wrote the first response...

Hehe woe now, don't type something you obviously do not agree with.

While I do disagree with the implications of your statement, I'm not willing to extrapolate that into a profile that will determine (for me) whether or not you are actually a *... I'm sure you are delightful in real life... that was just my initial response to what i saw as an ignorant statement (football-wise, as well as how it relates to social issues)

Uhm LOLOL I wasn't really looking for a Dr. Phillesque breakdown of your passive-aggressive motivations. But I guess we're all happy you decided to share it.............? rotflmao  

I'll let these guys argue philosophy and biology with you...

You'll just stick to the ad miominem right? :yes:

My intention was more a good-natured ribbing than an aggressive insult....

Hahaha sure it was. ;)

I'm sure its no big deal to you whether or not some dude you've never met thinks...

No. It depends, if the person is competent... :heh:

...just out of curiosity, though...

Of course. :shh:

...would it have really made you mad if I'd have said...

LOLOL what is it with you all and these desperate attempts at making someone "mad"? Hahaha life is too short to be getting mad at...well...folks like you. ;)

on a side note...

LOLOL :lecture:

I think I'm in agreement with some of the other guys in this thread. I would only take a MLB in the first if it were Ogletree. That dude is physical and he runs like a WR. He covers a tremendous amount of ground, and it stands out on tape for sure.

Is he big enough to play inside in an NFL 3/4? 

He's got 2 inches and about 10 lbs on Jerrell Freeman. He's projected to play weak-side OLB in a 43, but I don't think there's much of a concern about him being a 34 ILB. It's what he played at Georgia.

Is he big enough to play inside in an NFL 3/4?

He played MLB in an SEC 3-4 defense which is as close to the NFL as it can get. No one will truly no until he is drafted. Chances are very high he will be drafted by a team that runs a 3-4

Yep that's what I like about him. He could play basically any of the LB spots on our defense.

I think Ogletree and Freeman would be a very good combo. It's all a dream though, because I think he has a very slim chance of falling to us.

Somebody will get Ogletree well before we do... same with Teo... a week ago I'd say that an ILB in the first is crazy talk, but now I'm thinking that if the best player on the board is Ogletree... it'd be smart to grab him... I'm starting to agree with what some on here have said about Angerer being a bad fit in the 3-4... hard to tell when he's playing on a bum foot,  though...

I think Angerer is alright in the 3-4, As long as we have Freeman Angerer wont likely have a repeat 148 tackle performance in my opinion like he did in 2011 and he is more of a drag down tackler and not a thumper, Not against looking at Bruce Taylor in the late rounds if staff feel ILB needs to be addressed, Ideally though I'd like to leave it alone for now

I've considered it. And wouldn't have any problem if we went there with 24. But I'd rather go Oline. Regardless, I don't want Teo. Grigson seems set on high character guys....Teo doesn't fit the profile.

If grigs is set on high character guys then explain to me how Eric Walden got picked up by the colts? And as much as you all on here bad mouth Teo he will be the best ILB out of this draft

If grigs is set on high character guys then explain to me how Eric Walden got picked up by the colts? And as much as you all on here bad mouth Teo he will be the best ILB out of this draft

Not even close. Te'o isn't even a 3 down linebacker.

Not in the NFL he can't. Too slow. Players are faster.

I dont buy into the players are faster crap, players that graduated from college did not suddenly morph into these superhuman beings. plenty of linebackers ran a slow 40 and did well playing back in a short zone, Maluaga is slow, he had a 4.91 40 but he can play a short zone when asked 

I dont buy into the players are faster crap, players that graduated from college did not suddenly morph into these superhuman beings. plenty of linebackers ran a slow 40 and did well playing back in a short zone, Maluaga is slow, he had a 4.91 40 but he can play a short zone when asked 

Perfect example. Te'o and Maluaga are very similar players. Maluaga wasn't the best LB out of his draft either. Slow effective LBs are a rare comodity. One or two examples isn't enough to disprove years of scouting and research.