Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Start

CR91

any reason why?

Tonight's game where the Rams' O-line looked worse than ours and their passing offense handed turnovers to the Seahawks. Plus, if the Bengals' D could get 5 sacks and 3 fumble recoveries vs a more stout O-line like the Texans, they should be able to do more vs the Rams on the road.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any reason why?

For starters, the Bengals D has a much better D than the Seahawks. They looked great against Foster, and Foster is better than Jackson. Then they'll pretty much shut down Brandon Lloyd and their pressure will just be great as the Rams O-line is crap. Top 5 D vs 30th ranked offense, or 13th ranked D vs 31st ranked offense. The Rams are crap and the Bengals D is great, therefore go with the Bengals. Hope that answers it :)

For starters, the Bengals D has a much better D than the Seahawks. They looked great against Foster, and Foster is better than Jackson. Then they'll pretty much shut down Brandon Lloyd and their pressure will just be great as the Rams O-line is crap. Top 5 D vs 30th ranked offense, or 13th ranked D vs 31st ranked offense. The Rams are crap and the Bengals D is great, therefore go with the Bengals. Hope that answers it :)

actually i think you and the other poster convinced me. ill go with the bengals. thanks guys

RB quandary, need to play 3:

MJD at Atl, Beanie Wells vs Cleveland, Reggie Bush at Buffalo, Ryan Grant at Kansas City

I am leaning towards MJD, Wells and Grant (if James Starks cannot go). If James Starks can go, that is a terrible timeshare and I will go for Reggie Bush then.

Thoughts???

RB quandary, need to play 3:

MJD at Atl, Beanie Wells vs Cleveland, Reggie Bush at Buffalo, Ryan Grant at Kansas City

I am leaning towards MJD, Wells and Grant (if James Starks cannot go). If James Starks can go, that is a terrible timeshare and I will go for Reggie Bush then.

Thoughts???

Look up, and here's mine:

Pick 2

Mccoy vs Jets

Felix Jones vs Bucs

Rice vs SD

Im leaning towards Rice and Jones...

Pick 2

Mccoy vs Jets

Felix Jones vs Bucs

Rice vs SD

on paper i would agree with you, but mccoy has scored a td in every game this year and its not like the jets cant be ran on. id go rice and mccoy

Pick 2

Mccoy vs Jets

Felix Jones vs Bucs

Rice vs SD

McCoy and Rice will be the safe bets. You know after the 4 TD MJD game, the Bucs are going to stack the box more and force Romo to throw and see if they can get some picks. Plus, the Jets lost their safety Jim Leonard for the season.

its up to you, but i like v-jax vs the ravens since mathews and tolbert will probably be shut down

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Along the same lines above, if I told you that I had Nate Washington and Demaryius Thomas both available on the waiver wire plus my opponent had Matt Ryan & Roddy White going against the Jags while I have Julio Jones on the bench, does that change your answer above with VJax? Again, thanks for your patience :). Not to mention, my 2 TEs are Antonio Gates and Jermichael Finley. Given Gates' consistency, I am playing him vs the Ravens. I did not want to put all my eggs in the Chargers basket vs a top notch pass D.

Along the same lines above, if I told you that I had Nate Washington and Demaryius Thomas both available on the waiver wire plus my opponent had Matt Ryan & Roddy White going against the Jags while I have Julio Jones on the bench, does that change your answer above with VJax? Again, thanks for your patience :). Not to mention, my 2 TEs are Antonio Gates and Jermichael Finley. Given Gates' consistency, I am playing him vs the Ravens. I did not want to put all my eggs in the Chargers basket vs a top notch pass D.

its no problem :)

i wouldnt start washington or thomas ahead vjax, but jones could be interesting. i still say vjax, but jones could also be good start.

its no problem :)

i wouldnt start washington or thomas ahead vjax, but jones could be interesting. i still say vjax, but jones could also be good start.

Washington is such a huge decision here. He could literally go for 3 TD against us. Of course he could also bust. I think he'll get at least one TD. I'd stay away from J Jones. He is either 120+ and 2 TD or 0 rec or 0 yards... hard to start him IMHO he burned me a couple times this season. I like the matchup for Santana Moss and I'm going to start him this week. He seems to be the most reliable out of them. Of course you could have much better upside with other players if they are on their game. If you think your gonna lose then gamble. If your projected to win by 10+ points then I'd say go with reliability.

if antino brown is in the wire pick him up and start him if ben is healthy

Washington is such a huge decision here. He could literally go for 3 TD against us. Of course he could also bust. I think he'll get at least one TD. I'd stay away from J Jones. He is either 120+ and 2 TD or 0 rec or 0 yards... hard to start him IMHO he burned me a couple times this season. I like the matchup for Santana Moss and I'm going to start him this week. He seems to be the most reliable out of them. Of course you could have much better upside with other players if they are on their game. If you think your gonna lose then gamble. If your projected to win by 10+ points then I'd say go with reliability.

You make some valid points here.

My opponent has Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Jordy Nelson, The Law Firm, Jonathan Stewart, Percy Harvin (flex), Gronkowski, Gostkowski and Green Bay defense

I have Aaron Rodgers, Wes Welker, WR 2 (Question mark), MJD, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells (Flex), Antonio Gates, Janikowski and Cincinnati defense

This time, I am projected 12 pts ahead of him with Santana Moss in the line up. I want to beat this Pats fan badly, hence all the time spent on this line up. Can you tell he is invested in NE & Packers heavily?

He is a BIG TIME Pats fan and his team name is NE ROCKS, he has beaten me in both meetings in the regular season when he was projected to score less than me. Since his WR gets points off my QB production (though I think Jordy Nelson will have a negative impact with Brandon Flowers on him as opposed to Greg Jennings), I thought I might use Julio Jones and employ the same concept but what if Matt Ryan and the Falcons have a lot of FGs, I don't want to invest too much on the thursday night football game. Plus, all of Julio Jones' good games have come on the road, check that out. So, I think MJD is my only safe bet for TNF, gives me more options for the weekend too if MJD has a bad game due to a difficult matchup. Plus, the Jags, was the Bucs pass offense that bad or was the Chargers' pass explosion vs the Jags on MNF an aberration. All other NFC South teams have had issues with QBs scoring lot of pts vs the Jags & Texans. But the Jags have more injuries now than they had before, so not sure whether I can get a read on Julio Jones going off like Malcolm Floyd did vs the Jags.

Nate Washington - Jake Locker just looks towards him everytime he is in the line up for an injured Hasselback, it seems like. He did so vs the Falcons on the road, did so vs the Saints at home last week. That is undeniable. When Hasselback is in there, he spreads it around and Damian Williams gets his share as well. Nate Washington has never had 2 good games in a row probably because Jake Locker never started a whole game whenever Hasselback came off the field for an injury, Hasselback managed to play the next game. This time, Locker will start and Jacob Lacey is ripe for the picking :). That seems to be the most explainable logic to me.

So, to me, it comes down to Nate Washington who is Jake Locker's favorite target or Santana Moss vs the Giants against which Rodgers, Brees and Romo all put up 4 TDs against. Is that a fair set of reasonable options I have narrowed it down to? Or, am I overanalyzing :)?

Nah your spot on. I like Moss but against a horrible pass defense and an offense that put up 30 something points Moss only had 3 catches and a TD. The TD wasn't even from Grossman. He was looking to him often before he was benched and he was the #2 fav target behind fred davis, but I guess he is drawing a lot of double coverage now. Honestly If I had the choice I'd prolly go with Washington if Hasselbeck is def out.

Edit: Nate is injured, watch his status throughout the week

• p_notes.pngMon, Dec 12
    Craig Peters of the Titans Online reported that Washington is battling back spasms on top of having a high ankle sprain that kept him out of practice last week.
    Recommendation: Washington had a big game last Sunday against the Saints, but ended up getting helped to the sideline with just seven seconds left in the game. We will continue to monitor Washington's condition as the week goes along.(Rotowire.com)

I like Moss but against a horrible pass defense and an offense that put up 30 something points Moss only had 3 catches and a TD. The TD wasn't even from Grossman.

I just watched the Giants' highlights vs the Cowboys, they are terrible in pass coverage, the LBs and safeties. Moss is bound to bust one or two with that bad safety play, IMO. Like you said, I would also monitor Nate Washington closely.

TEN @ IND - offensively, the most limited team amongst the choices is our own Colts :(.

NYJ @ PHI - Only thing that scares me is McCoy. Jets are bound to get some sacks, and at least 1 INT vs Vick, if they are lucky a fumble recovery or a pick 6...

NYG VS WAS - Rex GRossman can throw is he's on, so i'm looking at this as option 3.

TEN @ IND - This does look like the best matchup, I see Ten keeping the points low, but I'm just not sure they have the potential for the sacks, picks, fumbles, and TD's that NYJ are capable of vs the eagles.

NYJ @ PHI - Only thing that scares me is McCoy. Jets are bound to get some sacks, and at least 1 INT vs Vick, if they are lucky a fumble recovery or a pick 6...

NYG VS WAS - Rex GRossman can throw is he's on, so i'm looking at this as option 3.

TEN @ IND - This does look like the best matchup, I see Ten keeping the points low, but I'm just not sure they have the potential for the sacks, picks, fumbles, and TD's that NYJ are capable of vs the eagles.

Eagles have team speed with McCoy, DJax, Maclin and Cooper that can all track down the person who made the INT and keep it from being a pick six. Pick sixes are hard to predict and the game being at Phi, and the Jets' run D not being as stellar as it used to, and McCoy being a scoring machine and the Jets with a safety for outside containment out for the season, don't bank on the Jets to do too much defensively. NYG - too many injuries at the LB and DB positions for them to make plays for 60 minutes. Otherwise, they would have, by now; instead they just give up 4 TDs to Rodgers, Brees and Romo in succession :).

I would go with the Titans matchup. The Titans scored an ST TD vs us earlier this year too, they have speed on ST too, don't forget. With our O-line and how the Titans have brought it vs the Falcons and Saints' O-lines recently, sacks will happen. Fumbles recovered are like pick sixes, hard to predict. Fumbles can be forced but not recovered, so it is as good as no fumble in a traditional league :).

Marion Barber vs. Seattle(17th), BenJarvus Green-Ellis vs. Denver(17th), Andre Johnson *Q vs Carolina(14th) or Nate Washington vs. Indianapolis(26th)

I don't know how many to choose so...

1.Marion Barber vs Seattle

2. Nate Washington vs Indianapolis

3. Andre Johnson vs Carolina

4. BGE vs Denver

Eagles have team speed with McCoy, DJax, Maclin and Cooper that can all track down the person who made the INT and keep it from being a pick six. Pick sixes are hard to predict and the game being at Phi, and the Jets' run D not being as stellar as it used to, and McCoy being a scoring machine and the Jets with a safety for outside containment out for the season, don't bank on the Jets to do too much defensively. NYG - too many injuries at the LB and DB positions for them to make plays for 60 minutes. Otherwise, they would have, by now; instead they just give up 4 TDs to Rodgers, Brees and Romo in succession :).

I would go with the Titans matchup. The Titans scored an ST TD vs us earlier this year too, they have speed on ST too, don't forget. With our O-line and how the Titans have brought it vs the Falcons and Saints' O-lines recently, sacks will happen. Fumbles recovered are like pick sixes, hard to predict. Fumbles can be forced but not recovered, so it is as good as no fumble in a traditional league :).

good points. I picked up Tenn defense for P Hillis. We'll see how it looks later in the week.

smith, cruz, jones

Julio Jones is playing on thursday night football. He is probable too, with back issues in addition to his recurring hamstring stuff.

If you know Nate Washington is healthy, he is a must start if Jake Locker starts, IMO. Mike Munchak, like all coaches does not want his opponent to know if they have to game plan for Hasselback or Locker but based on all that I am hearing, Locker will start. But if you play Julio Jones on thursday, you won't have the option of knowing if Nate Washington is healthy enough to go on Sunday.

I would go with Smith and Cruz for sure. The third one, based on Nate Washington's health - either Santana Moss or Nate Washington, it might be worth waiting till Sunday. Famous last words :). I might be terribly wrong and it might blow up on my face but Julio Jones' good games have come on the road, all of them. So not sure if I trust him at home.

Julio Jones is playing on thursday night football. He is probable too, with back issues in addition to his recurring hamstring stuff.

If you know Nate Washington is healthy, he is a must start if Jake Locker starts, IMO. Mike Munchak, like all coaches does not want his opponent to know if they have to game plan for Hasselback or Locker but based on all that I am hearing, Locker will start. But if you play Julio Jones on thursday, you won't have the option of knowing if Nate Washington is healthy enough to go on Sunday.

I would go with Smith and Cruz for sure. The third one, based on Nate Washington's health - either Santana Moss or Nate Washington, it might be worth waiting till Sunday. Famous last words :). I might be terribly wrong and it might blow up on my face but Julio Jones' good games have come on the road, all of them. So not sure if I trust him at home.

Just what I didn't want! Conflicting opinions! MY gut says to sit Julio but my head says start. I was thinking about benching for Smith tho not Moss, Smith is up against a good SB this week.

He put up 15 on the night. On the bright side he had MJD who was horrible.

Like Coltsrule91 said, the projection was 8 for Julio Jones and he put up 15, so he overshot his projections by 7 points. You still have Santana Moss and Nate Washington, right? I am sure one of them hits 20, just not sure which one :), we all wish things differently in hindsight.

I have the same dilemma, my opponent had Matt Ryan and Roddy White. Yeah, jeez, I thought I could join in the Falcons' parade with Julio Jones but chose not to :( . Instead of regretting it, I know the target I have to beat is 15 points to feel good. I have the same wideouts - Santana Moss, Nate Washington but I have VJax. I am still leaning towards Santana Moss or Nate Washington.

So, would you still start him over Santana Moss and VJax? I am leaning towards Santana Moss out of the 3 of VJax, Washington and Moss. Just curious.

I dont think so but to be honest i'm leaning on a 3 WR set of Moss, Cruz, and Washington, benching steve smith against HOU. opinions?