Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Start

CR91

well the broncos d was a stupid move

I did ask you to go with the 49ers D, we will see if the 49ers overcome a slow start.

In the meanwhile, MJD, Reggie Bush and Ahmad Bradshaw have come through for me so far. I played Rex Grossman and not Santana Moss, he gave me just over 19 points since 1 TD counts for 6 points. I have a 14 point lead, I have Antonio Gates, David Akers and Julio Jones to go, my opponent has Michael Turner and Mason Crosby. We will see how things go.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did ask you to go with the 49ers D, we will see if the 49ers overcome a slow start.

In the meanwhile, MJD, Reggie Bush and Ahmad Bradshaw have come through for me so far. I played Rex Grossman and not Santana Moss, he gave me just over 19 points since 1 TD counts for 6 points. I have a 14 point lead, I have Antonio Gates, David Akers and Julio Jones to go, my opponent has Michael Turner and Mason Crosby. We will see how things go.

no worries i started marshall and newton :)

Well i'm figuring worst case scenario Brees goes for 35 and Nelson goes for 18 so I'd win anyway but I need to keep my streak of at least 1 league championship per year alive lol

How many pts for a TD? Even if it is 6 pts for a TD thrown by a QB, Brees having 4 TDs is on the high end for MNF, IMO. Any game that is advertised as a shootout never turns out to be a shootout. I think the Saints win along the lines of 31-20 or 31-24. Brees probably throws for 3-4 TDs. Jordy Nelson gets the #1 CB of the Bears, so you should be safe overall, you should win.

In my case, I am ahead by 33, the score is 120-87. I have Julio Jones to go, my opponent has Mason Crosby on SNF and Michael Turner on MNF. 6 pts for rushing or receiving TD. I took the gamble of benching Aaron Rodgers since I was not willing to chance an Oakland Raiders like blowout or a 49ers loss at the Seahawks (it almost happened, IMO and TJax fumbled the ball while about 10 yards short of FG range). I am hoping I can pull through.

How many pts for a TD? Even if it is 6 pts for a TD thrown by a QB, Brees having 4 TDs is on the high end for MNF, IMO. Any game that is advertised as a shootout never turns out to be a shootout. I think the Saints win along the lines of 31-20 or 31-24. Brees probably throws for 3-4 TDs. Jordy Nelson gets the #1 CB of the Bears, so you should be safe overall, you should win. In my case, I am ahead by 33, the score is 120-87. I have Julio Jones to go, my opponent has Mason Crosby on SNF and Michael Turner on MNF. 6 pts for rushing or receiving TD. I took the gamble of benching Aaron Rodgers since I was not willing to chance an Oakland Raiders like blowout or a 49ers loss at the Seahawks (it almost happened, IMO and TJax fumbled the ball while about 10 yards short of FG range). I am hoping I can pull through.

Default Yahoo scoring.

4 points for passing TD, 6 points for rush / receive.

1 point for 25 passing yards, 1 point for 10 receiving / rushing yards.

Well I'm pretty proud of myself this week. I picked up Jabar Gaffney and started him over Vincent Jackson an Gaffney got 9 more points than him, and I decided to bench BenJarvus Green-Ellis and start Khalil Bell and that's going to work out because Law Firm only got 1 point. I'm losing 90-93 but I still have Drew Brees and he has John Kasay so I'm a lock to win.

start one for next week

julio jones vs bucs

marshall vs jets

holmes vs fins

helu vs eagles

im leaning towards jones

Falcons could be bound for seed #6 if Packers and Saints win (and Falcons thereby lose). They could pull Ryan and others from their week 17 game. Possibly.

I would go with Brandon Marshall. No question. He's in form and Moore is going his way.

Boy, was I let down this week. Luckily the championship is due over two weeks.

McCoy, Wells, Laurent Robinson and Bailey all busted big time! Had a tough time picking my flex RB/WR starter. Went with Robinson. 0 points. But none of options got over 5 (barring James Jones, who plays later). Stafford, Megatron and Celek keeps me in it.

Current score is a 63-53 lead to me. I still need Julio Jones and Packers D/ST. My opponent still has Brees, Kahlil Bell and John Kasay to go. Just hope I can keep it close and win it next week.

Falcons could be bound for seed #6 if Packers and Saints win (and Falcons thereby lose). They could pull Ryan and others from their week 17 game. Possibly.

I would go with Brandon Marshall. No question. He's in form and Moore is going his way.

if the falcons win one and the lions lose next week the falcons get the 5th seed so they have a reason to play

Ballsy call on sitting Aaron Rodgers for Rex Grossman so far has not backfired.

Leading 120-92 with my opponent having Michael Turner and me having Julio Jones. If I had played Aaron Rodgers, it would have been 144-92, I would not even have watched MNF to find out the outcome :). Oh well, better lucky in FF than having a perfect line up all the time :). Hopefully the luck continues into MNF for my back-to-back championships in my church league.

Ballsy call on sitting Aaron Rodgers for Rex Grossman so far has not backfired.

Leading 120-92 with my opponent having Michael Turner and me having Julio Jones. If I had played Aaron Rodgers, it would have been 144-92, I would not even have watched MNF to find out the outcome :). Oh well, better lucky in FF than having a perfect line up all the time :). Hopefully the luck continues into MNF for my back-to-back championships in my church league.

i cant believe you sat rodgers.

i cant believe you sat rodgers.

It was the timing of all the games and me being scared of the 49ers losing to the red hot Seahawks on the road. I should have probably thought of it along the lines of "Rodgers will give as much FF points in a half that Grossman would give in an entire game". I would have never even considered it if Rodgers had played yesterday.

Stupid Jordy Nelson...........

Julio Jones + 29.94

vs

Drew Brees

If Julio Jones gives you at least 5 pts, you should still be safe, IMO. Brees will get 4 TDs at best, and 300 yards to go along with it, giving him about 28-30 points. But you will be watching MNF till the 4th qtr. :), maybe something you did not want in the first place. Oh well, can't wait for MNF to be over for both of us, right? :)

If Julio Jones gives you at least 5 pts, you should still be safe, IMO. Brees will get 4 TDs at best, and 300 yards to go along with it, giving him about 28-30 points. But you will be watching MNF till the 4th qtr. :), maybe something you did not want in the first place. Oh well, can't wait for MNF to be over for both of us, right? :)

I def can't wait.. I'm kinda hoping NO gets their running game going, one thing i'm def not hoping for is a rush TD from Brees. on the bright size brees is only averaging 24.5 FP per game this season. I guess the odds are in my favor lol.

ok now i have a problem. the lions play before the falcons which means if the lions beat the packer (which they should because the packers will have no reason to play their starters) the falcons will have no reason to play their starters which makes jones worthless.

do i stick with jones or choose someone else

marshall vs jets

holmes vs fins

sproles vs panthers

ok now i have a problem. the lions play before the falcons which means if the lions beat the packer (which they should because the packers will have no reason to play their starters) the falcons will have no reason to play their starters which makes jones worthless.

do i stick with jones or choose someone else

marshall vs jets

holmes vs fins

sproles vs panthers

Is Malcom Floyd on waivers? The Chargers will be playing for Norv's job and pride - they are out of playoff contention. Floyd is on a roll and will definitely produce vs the Raiders on the road, IMO. I would still play Marshall but he will have Stevie Johnson like numbers when Stevie played Revis, about 84 yards, if I remember right. Holmes vs Fins definitely.

If the Falcons beat the Saints tonight, there is an outside chance they win the division if the Saints lose their next game at home vs the Panthers, Cam is going to go down swinging, you can bet on that. So Julio Jones will not be worthless in that case.

Is Malcom Floyd on waivers? The Chargers will be playing for Norv's job and pride - they are out of playoff contention. Floyd is on a roll and will definitely produce vs the Raiders on the road, IMO. I would still play Marshall but he will have Stevie Johnson like numbers when Stevie played Revis, about 84 yards, if I remember right.

If the Falcons beat the Saints tonight, there is an outside chance they win the division if the Saints lose their next game at home vs the Panthers, Cam is going to go down swinging, you can bet on that. So Julio Jones will not be worthless in that case.

no floyd is not on waivers

no floyd is not on waivers

Marshall and Holmes, continue to play them. Monitor tonight's MNF game. If Falcons win, play Julio Jones without a doubt next week since they will schedule the Saints and Falcons games at the same time if the division is up for grabs, that is how the NFL has done it in the past few years if a division is on the line.

Who else is on waivers? WR or RB? How many do you need to play? Just curious.

Marshall and Holmes, continue to play them. Monitor tonight's MNF game. If Falcons win, play Julio Jones without a doubt next week since they will schedule the Saints and Falcons games at the same time if the division is up for grabs, that is how the NFL has done it in the past few years if a division is on the line.

Who else is on waivers? WR or RB? How many do you need to play? Just curious.

no one i would trust to start. just one.

Holmes

he doesnt get a lot of yards. hes only worth starting if he scores. marshall vs revis is interesting considering he had a good day facing each other earlier, but i cant see him scoring on revis. panthers vs saints should be a high scoring affair which means a lot of chances for sproles to score.

he doesnt get a lot of yards. hes only worth starting if he scores. marshall vs revis is interesting considering he had a good day facing each other earlier, but i cant see him scoring on revis. panthers vs saints should be a high scoring affair which means a lot of chances for sproles to score.

You may be right. The game is in the dome and the Panthers still play a lot of zone which would mean not much deep but a lot underneath where Sproles thrives. Go with your gut then, with Sproles.

Roddy White or Robert Meachem?

I need 6.50 points to win my matchup.... and I expect a real shoot-out, but Roddy has burned me before.

Roddy White, HANDS DOWN!!! Be confident and go with him. The Saints are not the same shutdown pass D they were before. Matt Ryan has Julio Jones and Michael Turner who will at some point force one-on-one coverage for Roddy White for him to get catches. You will get the 6.5 pts in just yardage for Roddy White since the Saints give up a TON of yardage, just not TDs but a lot of yardage and FGs. So, the 65 yards will be had for Roddy White for sure, given how many times Matt Ryan targets him.

You may be right. The game is in the dome and the Panthers still play a lot of zone which would mean not much deep but a lot underneath where Sproles thrives. Go with your gut then, with Sproles.

im now thinking of picking up kevin smith. he was having a good game vs the packers before he got hurt

Roddy White, HANDS DOWN!!! Be confident and go with him. The Saints are not the same shutdown pass D they were before. Matt Ryan has Julio Jones and Michael Turner who will at some point force one-on-one coverage for Roddy White for him to get catches. You will get the 6.5 pts in just yardage for Roddy White since the Saints give up a TON of yardage, just not TDs but a lot of yardage and FGs. So, the 65 yards will be had for Roddy White for sure, given how many times Matt Ryan targets him.

Thanks for the feedback Chad.... it's a little bit of tricky choice because Brees will be slingin' it all over the place trying to break Marino's yardage record.... and I guess Lance Moore tweaked his groin. Brees still has a ton of targets though so Roddy probably is the safer pick.

I'm not too worried about this one.... it's a track meet game in a dome so Roddy should do fine. Every WR on the field tonight is liable to light it up.... and it should be fun to watch.

I'm feeling good about this now...

Julio Jones + 38.68

vs

Drew Brees

and only 3 quarters left to play.

Good thing you followed my advice and played Julio Jones this time :), I played him too :). Julio Jones and +36 over Michael Turner for my opponent. Championship, here I come!!!