Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Start

CR91

Hi guys.

I'm playing for the title in my fantasy league the final two rounds of the regular season.

So who to start? I'm especially in dire straits over my flex RB/WR play this week.

Here's the team:

QB Matthew Stafford (Philip Rivers)

RB LeSean McCoy

RB Beanie Wells

RB/WR Torrey Smith/LeGarrette Blount/Laurent Robinson/Jackie Battle/James Jones

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Julio Jones

TE Brent Celek (Heath Miller)

D/ST Packers

K Dan Bailey

Any suggestions or good advice? :)

LeGarette Blount, IMO, is RB2 territory this week vs the Panthers. So he should be RB2 and Beanie Wells should be the flex. I'd give a strong consideration to Laurent Robinson at home vs the Eagles for flex over Beanie since the Bengals almost shut down Arian Foster at home a couple of weeks ago. Romo loves Robinson in the red zone plus with Austin back, he won't have the best CBs of the Eagles covering him. Despite Austin being back, Laurent Robinson has caught TDs 2 games in a row. The rest look fine to me.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply do not trust Blount. He's out on the sideline on every down that could be a pass and is therefore only good when the game is close or the Bucs is in front. And due to the fact that Bucs suck, thats not likely to happen ;)

I think I will go with Robinson in the flex spot. Then again, Boldin is out so Smith could get more looks but could be shadowed by Haden.

WR is right on, maybe moss for Julio. I'm debating the same thing so I dunno if I can help lol. Moss's targets worry me.

I am looking at passing yardage, which is a better barometer of production since TDs are hit and miss. Saints give a lot of yardage to #2 and #3 wideouts. With Roddy White being so hot, and Moss getting critical points to salvage FF performance with purely TDs, Moss becomes less rosy to me than Julio Jones. The previous 2 games, neither Calvin Johnson nor Marques Colston went over 100 yards nor did either catch a TD vs the Vikings. Lance Moore caught all the TDs vs the Vikes. It is almost like ever since Tebow threw 2 TDs to DeMaryius Thomas (since they focused on Eric Decker who was the No.1 till that game), the Vikes have gotten stiffer vs No.1 wideouts. However, when I look at the yardage, Saints have given a ton of yardage to wideouts, they just clamp down in the red zone. If Roddy White is going to be marked more in the red zone, which he will in the Saints game, Julio Jones will hit his projections, which is about 8-9 pts and hopefully more since my FLEX Julio Jones is going against Michael Turner for my opponent.

I am leaning towards Julio Jones who is playing inside a dome too. Plus, surprisingly this year, Saints have given up more passing TDs than rush TDs.

I am looking at passing yardage, which is a better barometer of production since TDs are hit and miss. Saints give a lot of yardage to #2 and #3 wideouts. With Roddy White being so hot, and Moss getting critical points to salvage FF performance with purely TDs, Moss becomes less rosy to me than Julio Jones. The previous 2 games, neither Calvin Johnson nor Marques Colston went over 100 yards nor did either catch a TD vs the Vikings. Lance Moore caught all the TDs vs the Vikes. It is almost like ever since Tebow threw 2 TDs to DeMaryius Thomas (since they focused on Eric Decker who was the No.1 till that game), the Vikes have gotten stiffer vs No.1 wideouts. However, when I look at the yardage, Saints have given a ton of yardage to wideouts, they just clamp down in the red zone. If Roddy White is going to be marked more in the red zone, which he will in the Saints game, Julio Jones will hit his projections, which is about 8-9 pts and hopefully more since my FLEX Julio Jones is going against Michael Turner for my opponent.

I am leaning towards Julio Jones who is playing inside a dome too. Plus, surprisingly this year, Saints have given up more passing TDs than rush TDs.

Interesting analysis on Moss...

So now, I have two solid rolling with them no matter what WR's in Smith and J Jones. Now.. Moss or Cruz? Cruz is high risk high reward because if he is on cromartie he will annihilate him, if he is on revis i may lay an egg. and then there is always Maclin too...

Interesting analysis on Moss...

So now, I have two solid rolling with them no matter what WR's in Smith and J Jones. Now.. Moss or Cruz? Cruz is high risk high reward because if he is on cromartie he will annihilate him, if he is on revis i may lay an egg. and then there is always Maclin too...

Since you got the points from Arian Foster, you can cruise to victory with Cruz. Cruz has still not become a world beater that they feel it is necessary to put Revis on him ALL THE TIME. Hakeem Nicks is still the No.1 and like Stevie Johnson, will dare Revis, if the pre-game chatter is any indication.

Plus, Cruz plays the slot a LOT more than Nicks or Manningham. Though it has been TEs that have annihilated the Jets recently with Gronkowski and Celek going off on them, it is important to know that a lot of them were lined up in the slot to begin with. They may put Revis on him AFTER Cruz gets some chunks of yardage but to begin with, Revis on Nicks is a safe bet, from a Jets' D perspective.

Since you got the points from Arian Foster, you can cruise to victory with Cruz. Cruz has still not become a world beater that they feel it is necessary to put Revis on him ALL THE TIME. Hakeem Nicks is still the No.1 and like Stevie Johnson, will dare Revis, if the pre-game chatter is any indication.

Plus, Cruz plays the slot a LOT more than Nicks or Manningham. Though it has been TEs that have annihilated the Jets recently with Gronkowski and Celek going off on them, it is important to know that a lot of them were lined up in the slot to begin with. They may put Revis on him AFTER Cruz gets some chunks of yardage but to begin with, Revis on Nicks is a safe bet, from a Jets' D perspective.

I'm thinking the same plus Cruz is a big WR that towers over cromartie. he matches up much better physically with Revis for the Jets I'm just not sure. if I can take that chance the guy i'm going against has Brees, Calvin Johnson, and Ray Rice as the 3 biggst threats

im starting the broncos d over the 49ers. its gonna snow which means lots of opportunities for turnovers, plus divisional games are unpredictable

The flipside is because it is snowing, teams will be running more and ball security is more important. If they are passing more, the Broncos' rush will get to them enough times. However, the Broncos' run D is not that terrific to force the passing game on the Bills as much as the 49ers will force the Seahawks to pass.

Besides, Seahawks have more O-line issues and have given up way more FF points to Ds, even during this good stretch of games recently. Just saying :). Good luck, no matter what.

I'm thinking the same plus Cruz is a big WR that towers over cromartie. he matches up much better physically with Revis for the Jets I'm just not sure. if I can take that chance the guy i'm going against has Brees, Calvin Johnson, and Ray Rice as the 3 biggst threats

Hey, my WR corp got a bit shaky. VJax has a groin injury and has sat out 2 practices and is a game time decision, afraid he will be more of a decoy.

So, Wes Welker, Julio Jones, Santana Moss, VJax is my WR list

MJD, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Smith, DeAngelo Williams is my RB list

The ones in bold are who I am leaning towards for 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 FLEX. Did not realize that there is a ton of games on Saturday, so need some advice here.

your good

Championship decision here. On normal days, I never would sit Aaron Rodgers. I have Rex Grossman in a juicy matchup vs the Vikings going at 1 p.m. today and every other game is on Saturday except Aaron Rodgers' sunday night game, uggghhh!!! If the Seahawks beat the 49ers, chances are Rodgers will not play the whole game, maybe a quarter or two, especially given the fact that the Packers' 2 starting tackles and one backup tackle have bad injuries that might force them to sit.

Do I take the chance and continue to go with Aaron Rodgers or do I play Rex Grossman today? My opponent has Tom f*****g Brady going today at 1 p.m. too.

Championship decision here. On normal days, I never would sit Aaron Rodgers. I have Rex Grossman in a juicy matchup vs the Vikings going at 1 p.m. today and every other game is on Saturday except Aaron Rodgers' sunday night game, uggghhh!!! If the Seahawks beat the 49ers, chances are Rodgers will not play the whole game, maybe a quarter or two, especially given the fact that the Packers' 2 starting tackles and one backup tackle have bad injuries that might force them to sit.

Do I take the chance and continue to go with Aaron Rodgers or do I play Rex Grossman today? My opponent has Tom f*****g Brady going today at 1 p.m. too.

i can see the dilemma. its really whatever you feel confident in doing. do you really think rex will have a great game? do you really think the seahawks will beat the 49er? do you really think rodgers will sit?

i can see the dilemma. its really whatever you feel confident in doing. do you really think rex will have a great game? do you really think the seahawks will beat the 49er? do you really think rodgers will sit?

I think Rex will give me 20 points for sure, Aaron Rodgers MIGHT give that in a half of play or need more time to give me that. But the key here is, I do not have a fallback option. It is ALL IN with Aaron Rodgers' playing more than a half or ALL OUT. I do not have the luxury of time, given how the games are scheduled. The way the Seahawks' D is playing and given how the 49ers faltered on the road vs the Cardinals, who are not playing as well as the Seahawks' D is right now, I feel the Seahawks have a decent shot at pulling a close one out. The O-line injuries of the Packers is what leads me to believe Aaron Rodgers wont play more than a half, if the 49ers lose. If the 49ers lose, it is almost a certainty IMO that Rodgers does not play more than a half.

Gutsy call, it will be. Like the riverboat gambler Sean Payton SB onside kick call, I am going to go with Rex Grossman. If I lose, it will still be a team loss. Roy Helu being banged up leads me to believe Grossman will throw enough.

I know I know, but that MIN defense is just so bad..... lol

Yep, that is why I am starting Rex Grossman over Aaron Rodgers due to my dilemma, what do you think of that? I know Grossman will throw 2-3 TDs, just not sure if it will be towards Moss.

If you want to play it safe, go with Moss and Jones, and dont second guess yourself. Now that I am playing Grossman, I wont play Moss and will go with Welker and Julio Jones due to VJax's injury in my line up.

Yep, that is why I am starting Rex Grossman over Aaron Rodgers due to my dilemma, what do you think of that? I know Grossman will throw 2-3 TDs, just not sure if it will be towards Moss.

If you want to play it safe, go with Moss and Jones, and dont second guess yourself. Now that I am playing Grossman, I wont play Moss and will go with Welker and Julio Jones due to VJax's injury in my line up.

According to Yahoo Cruz, Moss and Steve Smith have 5 star matchups. Jones and Maclin have 4 star.

I don't think you can go wrong with rolling Rex Grossman over Arod, he prolly wont play the entire game.

According to Yahoo Cruz, Moss and Steve Smith have 5 star matchups. Jones and Maclin have 4 star.

I don't think you can go wrong with rolling Rex Grossman over Arod, he prolly wont play the entire game.

My issue is with the Vikes, you are not sure if they will score enough points to force Grossman to throw that much as the Saints will force Matt Ryan to.

Maybe you should do the opposite of what I tell you to do. I said Julio Jones has had all his best games on the road, and he does well vs the Jaguars at home. Now, I am saying Matt Ryan will throw more to Julio Jones because of the Saints, so go with Santana Moss. It is the anti-Chad advice factor, maybe it will work again :). Go with your gut, man.

J Maclin is projected to have a better day than the rest of my WR but there is no trusting him although he did up up 57 yards against Revis last week.

J Jones has 3 TD in last 2 games, but was highly inconsistent before that.

S Moss does not get enough targets, but against MIN he may see a large increase in targets.

V Cruz is looking at a great matchup if he stays off Revis island.

S Smith has the best matchup vs TB and no star CB.

My issue is with the Vikes, you are not sure if they will score enough points to force Grossman to throw that much as the Saints will force Matt Ryan to.

Maybe you should do the opposite of what I tell you to do. I said Julio Jones has had all his best games on the road, and he does well vs the Jaguars at home. Now, I am saying Matt Ryan will throw more to Julio Jones because of the Saints, so go with Santana Moss. It is the anti-Chad advice factor, maybe it will work again :). Go with your gut, man.

My problem lies in both QB's really lol... I've seen M Ryan force the ball to R White when J Jones was WIDE OPEN in the end zone..... If WAS builds up a lead I don't see how MOss is not involved, however he could have a Grossman day and blow the whole thing.

J Maclin is projected to have a better day than the rest of my WR but there is no trusting him although he did up up 57 yards against Revis last week.

J Jones has 3 TD in last 2 games, but was highly inconsistent before that.

S Moss does not get enough targets, but against MIN he may see a large increase in targets.

V Cruz is looking at a great matchup if he stays off Revis island.

S Smith has the best matchup vs TB and no star CB.

One thing you know is that Julio Jones does not have his hamstring injury anymore. The thing about the Jets is that if their pass D is on, they are ON. Given how much the Giants wideouts have been yapping about Revis, I have a feeling the Giants will run the heck out of the ball more, so that might mean Cruz might get fewer targets. The Giants' running game is not being talked about whatsoever.

So, to be safe, go with Moss and Jones.

My problem lies in both QB's really lol... I've seen M Ryan force the ball to R White when J Jones was WIDE OPEN in the end zone..... If WAS builds up a lead I don't see how MOss is not involved, however he could have a Grossman day and blow the whole thing.

This would be why the Saints will focus heavily on Roddy White, like they focused on a red hot Percy Harvin last week. Good teams find the hot spots real fast.

The final decison time is upon us! Pick 2 and make it count!

Santana Moss, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones

Right now, leaning towards Moss and Cruz

Cruz 12 points

Moss 7 points

Jones... he could either get 14 points or 4 points. Feeling ballsy?