Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Start

CR91

I dont think so but to be honest i'm leaning on a 3 WR set of Moss, Cruz, and Washington, benching steve smith against HOU. opinions?

I'd say go for it. Good luck with Washington and Moss.

My TE dilemma - Gates or Jermichael Finley. I have decided to throw caution to the wind and take the better matchup in Finley. He has been an FF line up killer, whenever I have played him, Antonio Gates won me more games than Finely.

But this time, I feel the situation is different (Jennings out, Orton to play QB for Chiefs and thus Rodgers might be in longer) and going against my superstition of not using Finley. A wing and a prayer, if you call it against a red hot team that just got a red hot start with Matt Ryan and Roddy White.

His line up: Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Jordy Nelson, The Law Firm, J. Stewart, Gronkowski, Gostkowski, GB defense

My line up: Aaron Rodgers, Wes Welker, Santana Moss, MJD, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells, Finley, Janikowski, Cin. defense

I am counting on Aaron Rodgers, Reggie Bush, Finley, Beanie Wells and Cin. defense to be my difference makers today, let us hope it happens :).

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to make the decision! I've already decided Santana Moss and Nate Washington, not sure on Cruz or Smith.... arghhhhh

Smith is up against top CB Jones, Washington does not gave up a lot of big plays to WR's so Cruz is a threat to fail, Washington looks the most reliable, and Moss could be in trouble if he's double covered, on the other side smith will be against a top CB but he will be sin single coverage, maybe with safety over the top.

I need to make the decision! I've already decided Santana Moss and Nate Washington, not sure on Cruz or Smith.... arghhhhh

Smith is up against top CB Jones, Washington does not gave up a lot of big plays to WR's so Cruz is a threat to fail, Washington looks the most reliable, and Moss could be in trouble if he's double covered, on the other side smith will be against a top CB but he will be sin single coverage, maybe with safety over the top.

Start Cruz, Washington and Smith.

I wasn't able top get the change in for smith / moss, oh well I won anyway... Finals here I come!

Me too. Reggie Bush and Beanie Wells were solid enough for me and my opponents' WRs Jordy Nelson and Percy Harvin along with Big Gronkowski all laid eggs today. Yahoo, finals, here I come!!!

Do you think by now Mike Munchak learnt his lesson that it is Jake Locker time and time for us Nate Washington owners to reap more rewards??? :)

dont know how your defense is set up in your league, but i think you might be beat sorry

Defense/Special Teams League Value Sack 1 Interception 2 Fumble Recovery 2 Touchdown 6 Safety 2 Block Kick 2 Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6 Points Allowed 0 points 10 Points Allowed 1-6 points 7 Points Allowed 7-13 points 4 Points Allowed 14-20 points 1 Points Allowed 21-27 points 0 Points Allowed 28-34 points -1 Points Allowed 35+ points -4

Defense/Special Teams League Value Sack 1 Interception 2 Fumble Recovery 2 Touchdown 6 Safety 2 Block Kick 2 Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6 Points Allowed 0 points 10 Points Allowed 1-6 points 7 Points Allowed 7-13 points 4 Points Allowed 14-20 points 1 Points Allowed 21-27 points 0 Points Allowed 28-34 points -1 Points Allowed 35+ points -4

i dont expect the 49ers to do much on offense against the steelers so you might be in trouble

i dont expect the 49ers to do much on offense against the steelers so you might be in trouble

Here's what I think... Vernon Davis won't do anything so I say he gets 2.8 Fantasy points. That means I have 4.9 fantasy points to spare, or pretty much 4 points. In my league it's 0 for 14-20, -1 points for 21-27, and -2 for 28-34. I say they get 3 sacks and they score 20 points. I win by 1.9. Does that sound reasonable.

so i made it to the championship round in my league and im thinking of next week so choose a defense

49ers vs seahawks

broncos vs bills

im thinking the same as you guys as how can he not choose the 49ers vs seahawks well i hate doing division matchups and the seahawks are hot right now which is why im considering the broncos vs the bills thoughts

so i made it to the championship round in my league and im thinking of next week so choose a defense

49ers vs seahawks

broncos vs bills

im thinking the same as you guys as how can he not choose the 49ers vs seahawks well i hate doing division matchups and the seahawks are hot right now which is why im considering the broncos vs the bills thoughts

I'm debating this as well except I have 3 options

Den VS Buf

Tenn Vs Jax

NYJ VS NYJ

I am also leaning towards Denver...

New Q, Pick 1 (TE's).

Gresham Vs Arizona

Jared Cook Vs Jax

Brent Celek @ Dallas

Brent Celek. Rob Ryan will blitz the heck out of Vick and Celek & Maclin are the relief valves most of the time. Celek should get enough catches.

Here is my line up for my championship game: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE), 1 DEF, 1 K. The ones I plan to play are in bold

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WRs: Wes Welker, Julio Jones, Santana Moss, Vincent Jackson

RBs: MJD, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Smith (DeAngelo Williams is still available :))

TEs: Antonio Gates, Jermichael Finley

K: David Akers

DEF: Cincinnati (Redskins available, so is Carolina)

Thoughts???

Brent Celek. Rob Ryan will blitz the heck out of Vick and Celek & Maclin are the relief valves most of the time. Celek should get enough catches.

Here is my line up for my championship game: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE), 1 DEF, 1 K. The ones I plan to play are in bold

RBs: MJD, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Smith (DeAngelo Williams is still available :))

Thoughts???

Here's who I think you should start. Look up

Don't think MJD will have a big game. The Titans have been generally good against the run, except last week.

Don't think MJD will have a big game. The Titans have been generally good against the run, except last week.

MJD got 12 pts vs a staunch Falcons' run D. Plus, you must have the run D and pass D mixed up. Titans give up the 13th most FF points to RBs and 28th most FF points to WRs, they are more stout vs WRs than RBs. Arian Foster gashed them a few weeks ago at Tennessee as well. Resting MJD will not happen with me. He is one guy you can always count on to be solid if not huge, especially come championship day. This matchup is certainly favorable enough for MJD, IMO.

Here is my line up for my championship game: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K. The ones I plan to play are in bold

QB: Cam Newton

WRs: Julio Jones, Santana Moss, Steve Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Victor Cruz

RBs: Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller

TEs: Brent Celek,Jermaine Gresham

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF: Tennessee, Denver

I am thinking about Denver, but Tennessee is projected better... not sure what to do at RB or WR, or TE torn at all those spots. Multiple advisors would be nice lol.

Here is my line up for my championship game: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K. The ones I plan to play are in bold

I am thinking about Denver, but Tennessee is projected better... not sure what to do at RB or WR, or TE torn at all those spots. Multiple advisors would be nice lol.

I'd give some serious thought to Julio Jones, perhaps over Jeremy Maclin because the Falcons/Saints game has all the earmarks of an all-out air war.

Any lingering injury issues Julio had didn't surface against the Jags last Thursday when he had a nice game.... and he has 11 days between that game and the Saints this Monday night. And Maclin has been equally nicked up anyway.

I'd start Jones this week.... all Falcons WRs will have to be involved to keep up with Brees and the Saints.

This is a must win for Denver to win their division, I frankly like Denver on the defensive front. I have the same dilemma with Julio Jones. Will the Saints stop the pass like they did with the Vikings or was that just an aberration with Percy Harvin? But the others are right, Saints will give up yards, even if they do not give up TDs and more FGs than TDs. Their previous win at Atlanta, 26-23 with 7 FGs across the 2 teams. So Julio Jones seems to be a good play.

I'd go: Julio Jones, Santana Moss and Steve Smith, Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Brent Celek, Gostkowski and Denver

This is a must win for Denver to win their division, I frankly like Denver on the defensive front. I have the same dilemma with Julio Jones. Will the Saints stop the pass like they did with the Vikings or was that just an aberration with Percy Harvin? But the others are right, Saints will give up yards, even if they do not give up TDs and more FGs than TDs. Their previous win at Atlanta, 26-23 with 7 FGs across the 2 teams. So Julio Jones seems to be a good play.

I'd go: Julio Jones, Santana Moss and Steve Smith, Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Brent Celek, Gostkowski and Denver

Thanks to both you guys.... Spiller is projected better than Gore, and so is Lynch but I just can't start Lynch against a defense that hasn't given up a rushing TD all season. Of course he'll prolly go off the chain and score 3.

Maclin is projected to put up 9.23 points against a poor Dallas 2ndary. Steve Smith is only projected at 7.9 but they always under rate him IMHO and this game against TB is a must start. Minnesota is 3rd worst in the league vs the pass. Santana Moss is likely to have close to 100 yards and a TD, the only thing that scares me is his targets... he only gets 3-4 per game.

Arizona is decent against the TE, I know Celek is the clear cut better option as far as predictions go but he has been highly inconsistent this season.

last 5 weeks point production 6, 7.5, 2.1, 3,9 and a beastly 21.60 I guess after a beastly performance like that how do you not continue to feed him the ball?

I got Denver in the starting spot but Carolina is also available. Thoughts?

Victor Cruz has been money for me all season and if Nicks is locked down he will see a LOT of targets, but how do we know who will be covering Cruz? If he sees little of Revis he WILL have a big game.

Julio Jones is only projected 8.13 points but he looks absolutely great on paper besides that. He had only 2 catches for 9 yards against them earlier but he also left that game with an injury but he did play the entire first half...

Thanks to both you guys.... Spiller is projected better than Gore, and so is Lynch but I just can't start Lynch against a defense that hasn't given up a rushing TD all season. Of course he'll prolly go off the chain and score 3.

Maclin is projected to put up 9.23 points against a poor Dallas 2ndary. Steve Smith is only projected at 7.9 but they always under rate him IMHO and this game against TB is a must start. Minnesota is 3rd worst in the league vs the pass. Santana Moss is likely to have close to 100 yards and a TD, the only thing that scares me is his targets... he only gets 3-4 per game.

Arizona is decent against the TE, I know Celek is the clear cut better option as far as predictions go but he has been highly inconsistent this season.

last 5 weeks point production 6, 7.5, 2.1, 3,9 and a beastly 21.60 I guess after a beastly performance like that how do you not continue to feed him the ball?

I got Denver in the starting spot but Carolina is also available. Thoughts?

Victor Cruz has been money for me all season and if Nicks is locked down he will see a LOT of targets, but how do we know who will be covering Cruz? If he sees little of Revis he WILL have a big game.

Julio Jones is only projected 8.13 points but he looks absolutely great on paper besides that. He had only 2 catches for 9 yards against them earlier but he also left that game with an injury but he did play the entire first half...

Saints have given a lot of production to the #2 and #3 wideouts if you look at it, but not the TDs. The problem with the Vikes was there was only one good wideout, so Percy Harvin was shut down. Yep, Santana Moss's targets do worry me as well, so I am leaning towards Julio Jones over Santana Moss but then I might change my mind at the last moment.

The reason Gore is a good play is because of the O-line issues of the Seahawks that will result at least in a fumble or two in Seahawks territory, IMO. Given how I saw Tavaris Jackson fumble his snaps when St. Louis Rams (yep, the god awful Rams) pressured him in that MNF game at home, the 49ers are good for a fumble or two maybe inside the 20 of the Seahawks, IMO. Gore cashes in because of that because he has speed to go to the outside to avoid the stout Seahawks front in the middle. Lynch is more of a between the tackles runner who has good but not great speed like Gore to the outside. That works against him vs the 49ers.

Given how the Bucs spread their D out, Romo's TDs went to Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Laurent Robinson and a rush TD for himself. I do think you should play Victor Cruz over Steve Smith because they line him up in the slot a LOT and Cromartie/2nd year CB Kyle Wilson can definitely be beat by a good route runner which Cruz is and Revis is likely on Nicks for the most part. This all assumes Eli Manning is at his best, of course, not his 3 INT level of last week :).

Here is my lineup with who I plan to play in bold, give me your thoughts.

RBs: MJD, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Smith (DeAngelo Williams is still available)

Thoughts???

Saints have given a lot of production to the #2 and #3 wideouts if you look at it, but not the TDs. The problem with the Vikes was there was only one good wideout, so Percy Harvin was shut down. Yep, Santana Moss's targets do worry me as well, so I am leaning towards Julio Jones over Santana Moss but then I might change my mind at the last moment.

The reason Gore is a good play is because of the O-line issues of the Seahawks that will result at least in a fumble or two in Seahawks territory, IMO. Given how I saw Tavaris Jackson fumble his snaps when St. Louis Rams (yep, the god awful Rams) pressured him in that MNF game at home, the 49ers are good for a fumble or two maybe inside the 20 of the Seahawks, IMO. Gore cashes in because of that because he has speed to go to the outside to avoid the stout Seahawks front in the middle. Lynch is more of a between the tackles runner who has good but not great speed like Gore to the outside. That works against him vs the 49ers.

Given how the Bucs spread their D out, Romo's TDs went to Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Laurent Robinson and a rush TD for himself. I do think you should play Victor Cruz over Steve Smith because they line him up in the slot a LOT and Cromartie/2nd year CB Kyle Wilson can definitely be beat by a good route runner which Cruz is and Revis is likely on Nicks for the most part. This all assumes Eli Manning is at his best, of course, not his 3 INT level of last week :).

Here is my lineup with who I plan to play in bold, give me your thoughts.

RBs: MJD, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Smith (DeAngelo Williams is still available)

Thoughts???

I Like Cinny over the rest of the Defenses there. I stay with that.

I like Deangelo WIlliams over Reggie Bush but it's one of those burn moves thats either gonna put up huge #'s or a goose egg. Deangelo's only chance is to score on long runs, because we know cam gets all the carries inside the 5.... hmm Maybe Bush is the better play.

TE is a tough call. Finley put up 3 TD's against them earlier this year and they are extremely venerable to the TE. but Gates is more of a WR than TE and WR's are owning DET so Tough call. I may go with Finley just based on his 3 TD performance earlier in the year.

WR is right on, maybe moss for Julio. I'm debating the same thing so I dunno if I can help lol. Moss's targets worry me.

IN regards to Steve Smith, TB is without it's best CB Talib. There is no way I don't roll with Smith. That being said. I already benched Maclin for Julio Jones, now it's just a matter of how do I decide if I want Cruz or Maclin over Moss or Jones. All of my WR have 5 star match-ups lol. I really don't have to decide yet. Arian Foster rolls for me tomorrow vs our colts. If he puts up huge numbers I may be inclined to take a chance on higher risk WR option like Cruz / Maclin

TE is a tough call. Finley put up 3 TD's against them earlier this year and they are extremely venerable to the TE. but Gates is more of a WR than TE and WR's are owning DET so Tough call. I may go with Finley just based on his 3 TD performance earlier in the year.

The reason I am not going with Finley is 2 fold. One, if the 49ers lose to the Seahawks on the road, the Packers' starters may end up playing just 2 quarters. Two, if the Packers get a lead over the QB starved and offensively starved Bears at home, they may be running it a lot in the second half. I have to go with Aaron Rodgers since he will at least play 2 quarters and being who he is, might score 3 TDs by then :). But Finley plays on SNF and Gates in the 4:15 p.m. ET time slot. So, I won't have a fallback option should the 49ers lose and the Packers dont go full steam. So, I dont want to put 2 eggs in the Packers basket, just 1.

Hi guys.

I'm playing for the title in my fantasy league the final two rounds of the regular season.

So who to start? I'm especially in dire straits over my flex RB/WR play this week.

Here's the team:

QB Matthew Stafford (Philip Rivers)

RB LeSean McCoy

RB Beanie Wells

RB/WR Torrey Smith/LeGarrette Blount/Laurent Robinson/Jackie Battle/James Jones

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Julio Jones

TE Brent Celek (Heath Miller)

D/ST Packers

K Dan Bailey

Any suggestions or good advice? :)