Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens lose Ellerbe, Kruger... It's all good !

The Old Crow

Some tough losses with Boldin, Ellerbe, and Kruger, but the Ravens just got stronger up the middle by picking up DT Chris Canty from the Giants to pair him up with Ngata. The Ravens are getting younger very fast, and I'm sure Ozzie will shore up the inside linebacker position. Courtney Upshaw is already poised to take Kruger's place opposite Terrell Suggs. I'm sure we'll also pick up a possession receiver to replace Boldin. The Ravens are set up for long term success.

Many have doubted Ozzie and the Ravens, but they seem to show up in the playoffs every year. They always lose alot of talent, but those players never seem to do as well as they did with the Ravens, or in their system. Cary Williams has already been replaced, and Webb will be back, as I talked to him two weeks ago. We have a ton of draft picks, and now some free agent money, so Ozzie will use that to get better and younger. We will have most of our core players back, and Ozzie is letting go players that are older, or who will be overpaid, as we've seen with other ex-Ravens signed through the free agent market. Take a look at the success rate of ex-Ravens free agents on on other teams, after they get outside the Raven's system. You will find that Raven's management knows what they are doing !

Let's hope Flacco lives up to that contract.

I hope he doesnt, and I'm going to revel in every moment of his downfall. Flacco got bailed out so many times by Boldin. Meanwhile, Ray Lewis was the driving force behind the team's motivation. As the highest paid QB in the league, Flacco should demonstrate he can overcome these loses and make any offense work, just as Peyton Manning did under Caldwell.

We'll see how elite Flacco is, starting now. If we're still having to question Flacco's elite status at the end of the coming season, something is seriously wrong with the guy.

I hope he doesnt, and I'm going to revel in every moment of his downfall. Flacco got bailed out so many times by Boldin. Meanwhile, Ray Lewis was the driving force behind the team's motivation. As the highest paid QB in the league, Flacco should demonstrate he can overcome these loses and make any offense work, just as Peyton Manning did under Caldwell.

We'll see how elite Flacco is, starting now. If we're still having to question Flacco's elite status at the end of the coming season, something is seriously wrong with the guy.

People have been waiting for Flacco to fail for five years, yet he's been to the playoffs every year, been to three AFC Championship games, and won a Super Bowl. He has the best playoff road record as a quarterback, and has outdone Manning in his first five years. I like Manning, so I'm not disrespecting him, but lets give Joe a little more time before you blast him. You have to admit, he has crafted a nice resume.

People have been waiting for Flacco to fail for five years, yet he's been to the playoffs every year, been to three AFC Championship games, and won a Super Bowl. He has the best playoff road record as a quarterback, and has outdone Manning in his first five years. I like Manning, so I'm not disrespecting him, but lets give Joe a little more time before you blast him. You have to admit, he has crafted a nice resume.

I've seen enough of Flacco to know he's a by-product of his teammates. He's had a great RB in Ray Rice, great WR in Anquin Bolden, a great defense led by the most motivational man in the business in Ray Lewis, and one of the best head coaches in John Harbaugh. Now two of those pieces are gone. The real test for Flacco now begins.

If Flacco is the highest paid QB in the league, then I expect results as good, if not better, than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I've seen enough of Flacco to know he's a by-product of his teammates. He's had a great RB in Ray Rice, great WR in Anquin Bolden, a great defense led by the most motivational man in the business in Ray Lewis, and one of the best head coaches in John Harbaugh. Now two of those pieces are gone. The real test for Flacco now begins.

If Flacco is the highest paid QB in the league, then I expect results as good, if not better, than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I am not the biggest Flacco fan but I have to agree with Old Crow here. The guy has been money in the playoffs so who really cares about the regular season. The point is to get to the playoffs which he does every year and go deep and win a ring. He does that too. He has the same amount of wins as Manning and has never had one HoF player at the offensive skill position unike Manning. So I think this idea that the O has carried him is ridiculous. I still say Ray Rice is the one that makes that offense go but under Caldwell, Flacco looked like a completely different QB.

Old Crow - I like your optimism but realistically there is no way Ozzie plugs all those holes this season. I still think the Ravens are favored to win the north just because the steelers are in worse shape but Cincy will be tough to hold off. I like Ozzie a lot but he royally messed up Flacco's deal. He should have paid the guy that $16m last year. This new contract will be tough to get out under from. I mean this idea of QBs carrying their teams to the SB is absurb, neither Brady, Manning or Rodgers have ever carried their teams to the SB and the reason why Brady just did his new deal is because he knows his defense has to improve and will not be able to if he keeps taking 18-20 a year.

Some tough losses with Boldin, Ellerbe, and Kruger, but the Ravens just got stronger up the middle by picking up DT Chris Canty from the Giants to pair him up with Ngata. The Ravens are getting younger very fast, and I'm sure Ozzie will shore up the inside linebacker position. Courtney Upshaw is already poised to take Kruger's place opposite Terrell Suggs. I'm sure we'll also pick up a possession receiver to replace Boldin. The Ravens are set up for long term success.

Now just get a few more refs to look the other way and your unstoppable.

Well Flacco should get his chance to shine . . . Pitt might be getting weaker and so Baltimore should have a better time in the division than years past . .. now that the D appears to be getting weaker and with Flacco now taking up a signfiicant portion of the salary cap (as other elite QBs have done in years past) there will be fewer funds for others and a player to two or three will be lost that would otherwise have been on the team in Flacco's rookie contract . . .

Time will tell, I wish he and your team luck, but time will tell how Flacco pans out . . . so far you would ahve to admit tho that there are just as many facts to say he is just your average Joe as being elite . . . Flacco now controls the situation to add to the elite facts . . . it should be fun to watch . . .

Ravens might be setup for long term success, but they are going to feel the hurt of all of these losses next year thats for sure. So far they've lost 4-5 starters from last years defense, and it could get worse if Ed Reed doesn't re-sign with them.

Ray Lewis, emotional and knowledgeable hall of fame leader is gone

Ellerbee, their best pass coverage linebacker in his prime is gone

Paul Kruger, their best pass rusher last year is gone

Anquan Boldin, their best receiver who was physical and was able to fight for the ball and make plays is gone

Bernard Pollard, their big hitting strong safety that was one of the reasons they got by the Pats in the AFCCG is gone

and possible Ed Reed, another hall of famer and leader on that team may be gone as well.

Flacco better hope he can live up to that contract, because that is a massive blow to their talent and leadership. Welcome to being a Super Bowl winner, where your team gets torn to shreds in the offseason by all the other vultures.

Another tough day with the loss of Pollard. As he is 28, I don't quite get this one. We'll be getting alot of compensatory draft picks, and I have to believe Ozzie will go after a value inside linebacker in free agency. One thing is for sure, the Ravens are getting a heck of alot younger !

I thought his résumé was pretty crappy until this playoff run. IMO, he was the one holding back the ravens last few years...well, maybe it was cam cameron. And spare me with the team accomplishments....that's what jets fans used to say about Sanchez.