Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th and 2, Lucky Lions, MNF Tampa

Callie

Which, out of the above three, would you say is the most exciting memory as a colts fans?

4th and 2, 2009 game vs Pats

Monday Night Football comeback in Tampa Bay in 2003,

or this past season vs the lions?

Its hard for me to pick between 4th and 2 (because we were unbeaten, and its the pats), or this past year vs the Lions....I had honestly given up any chance, and it showed me Luck and be clutch

Which, out of the above three, would you say is the most exciting memory as a colts fans?

Its hard for me to pick between 4th and 2 (because we were unbeaten, and its the pats), or this past year vs the Lions....I had honestly given up any chance, and it showed me Luck and be clutch

Really tough choice.  I'll go with the Detroit game since it's the most recent.

They had on the Colts Pats AFC championship game on the NFL channel the other day.  I have it on DVD, but I still ended up watching it.  That may be my most favorite Colts game ever.

Why is the 2006 AFCCG not a choice? Because it would be too obvious???

Had to be 4th & 2, if I had to choose a regular season game. MNF comeback was more special for Dungy because of his exit from Tampa. MNF comeback does hold the edge because it was the reigning SB champs we came back against, on the ROAD.

Of course, the 2006 AFCCG tops it all because we exorcised a lot of demons that day with the Pats, it felt like in the playoffs.

Everything else was a regular season game, entertaining and fantastic till the finish but not quite as significant in impact.

Monday Night Miracle.

Nothing is much better than that. Dungy going back to his house, Manning vs one of the best defenses of the decade. 21 points in 5 minutes was simply ridiculous.

And just how that one ended with the leaping call was the cherry on top of the sundae of that game.

Monday Night Miracle.

Nothing is much better than that. Dungy going back to his house, Manning vs one of the best defenses of the decade. 21 points in 5 minutes was simply ridiculous.

And just how that one ended with the leaping call was the cherry on top of the sundae of that game.

This sums it up. The Bucs game that type of comeback never happened before, and still has yet to happen again.

My ranking goes:

1) MNF - because of stated reason

2) 4th and 2 - Bill Belicheck has never bowed to a QB before or since that game. Speaks loudly!

3) LIons - Amazing comeback but not better than the other two.

I would say the Lions game this last year because it is the only one I was actually into football enough to watch and remember. I always supported the Colts since I was born in Indy, but didn't really care about football until I saw them in the SB in 2009. 

I am sure if I had actually been around to see the others I may have liked those more. I really need to see that Tampa game. 

none of the them mine is the packers game this year!!!

Hey i like your choices, and its so cool that we have so many great moments to choose from, but i would have to say the final interception of Tom Brady in AFC Championship 2007 by Marlin Jackson. It was the idea of slaying our Arch-Nemisis. And it was at home in the RCA Dome. Patriots were infamous in last second comeback drives and this was no different. The world was watching, winner goes to the Superbowl and New England has spoiled our hopes for years. And not only was it Peytons moment to shine in his dominance over Tom Brady, but it was the Colts Franchise moment to finally "Take The Hill!!" so to speak. And it was a personal memory for me because it was my first day working at a popular sports bar in downtown indy and it was standing room only in a HUGE establishment. I was a server and my tables were "Forcing" me to take shots with them, i had a table Full of beautiful women that were drinking and were all over me, which, by far was the best part, so by the time Marlin Jackson made history on New Englands comeback drive, I was as tipsy as my customers, I has some girls legs wrapped around me and her best friend was massaging and admiring my chest, (i pressed 310 back then), and when Brady snapped the ball on that last soon-to-be innevitable play, the ENTIRE Bar got stone quiet, and you could feel the hope of the Colts fans that have been hoping since 1983, just take the moment hostage,  and when everyone watched, seemingly  in a timeless moment of American Sports Bliss, as Dwight Freeney flew past and around his Tackle and came within a fingertip of sacking Brady in probably the most important play of his career, in which he delivered in Hall-of Fame Playmaker fashion, and that forced Brady to make a desperate throw straight to the clutches of Colts Corner Marlin Jackson, who caught it and dropped, man.......the whole place sportsbar, standing room only, just erupted, i mean, went crazy, i mean OFF THE HOOK kinda crazy!! It was unbelievable at that moment to be a Colts fan!!  And i guess for me, i became a Colts fan, Truly, when Jim Harbaugh launched the Hail Mary against Pittsburgh in THAT championship game, and i guess ive been "holding my Football Breath" eversince, and this time we took the hill. And it was great because we didnt get there by a lucky or a Miraculous year, our team got there by years of taking the worst blows from the best teams and overcoming them and making it to the top by 'Rights'.  Yeah, far and away, beating the Patriots in the AFC Championship game to move forward and bring home the Lombardi was the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! .....I miss Peyton. Go Colts!!

Hey i like your choices, and its so cool that we have so many great moments to choose from, but i would have to say the final interception of Tom Brady in AFC Championship 2007 by Marlin Jackson. It was the idea of slaying our Arch-Nemisis. And it was at home in the RCA Dome. Patriots were infamous in last second comeback drives and this was no different. The world was watching, winner goes to the Superbowl and New England has spoiled our hopes for years. And not only was it Peytons moment to shine in his dominance over Tom Brady, but it was the Colts Franchise moment to finally "Take The Hill!!" so to speak. And it was a personal memory for me because it was my first day working at a popular sports bar in downtown indy and it was standing room only in a HUGE establishment. I was a server and my tables were "Forcing" me to take shots with them, i had a table Full of beautiful women that were drinking and were all over me, which, by far was the best part, so by the time Marlin Jackson made history on New Englands comeback drive, I was as tipsy as my customers, I has some girls legs wrapped around me and her best friend was massaging and admiring my chest, (i pressed 310 back then), and when Brady snapped the ball on that last soon-to-be innevitable play, the ENTIRE Bar got stone quiet, and you could feel the hope of the Colts fans that have been hoping since 1983, just take the moment hostage,  and when everyone watched, seemingly  in a timeless moment of American Sports Bliss, as Dwight Freeney flew past and around his Tackle and came within a fingertip of sacking Brady in probably the most important play of his career, in which he delivered in Hall-of Fame Playmaker fashion, and that forced Brady to make a desperate throw straight to the clutches of Colts Corner Marlin Jackson, who caught it and dropped, man.......the whole place sportsbar, standing room only, just erupted, i mean, went crazy, i mean OFF THE HOOK kinda crazy!! It was unbelievable at that moment to be a Colts fan!!  And i guess for me, i became a Colts fan, Truly, when Jim Harbaugh launched the Hail Mary against Pittsburgh in THAT championship game, and i guess ive been "holding my Football Breath" eversince, and this time we took the hill. And it was great because we didnt get there by a lucky or a Miraculous year, our team got there by years of taking the worst blows from the best teams and overcoming them and making it to the top by 'Rights'.  Yeah, far and away, beating the Patriots in the AFC Championship game to move forward and bring home the Lombardi was the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! .....I miss Peyton. Go Colts!!

Missed that game unfortunately! I was out having a cosy little meal with Beyonce and Rihanna at the time!

Not to mention, i watched the 2006 AFC game the other day on NFL Classics and darn near cried.  Seeing Dungy pacing the sidelines and  Peyton commanding his NFL Premier offense, with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne together and seeing Freeney and Mathis staying focused on the sidelines.....seeing Bob Sanders patrolling the backfield......man, Indianapolis Colts 2006 was a team for the record books.

Makes you wonder if Lions fans or Dolphins fans or Jaguar fans will ever have decade like we had. Now that we've lived it and done it, every football fan deserves to feel this way about their team and about Football.  What an awesome game.

That MNF Comeback was incredible! Peyton Manning was building his elite QB legacy at that point....

http://youtu.be/Yr2sDXvNfuw

I have to go with the Lions game this past year personally since it was more unexpected. In the Manning years with some of those teams/offenses I was never completely on the floor stunned when we pulled out any game.

This past season with the Packers game and that Lions game it looked so hopeless but then......we did it. That Lions game was ridiculous, I think I jumped out of my freaking chair and almost sprained my ankle after landing on the floor when it was won.

Not bad for a team many thought might be picking in the top 5 again. :woah:

That is why I always felt it was best to just enjoy last season and not nitpick it. Being an underdog almost every week and winning 11 games is pretty special to me. :coltshelmet:

But, all those games were great and memorable!

Tough choice....they were all fun to watch.

But considering that Keyshawn Johnson was miked-up and kept shooting his mouth off about Marvin Harrison...I vote for the MNF comeback game against the Bucs.

That's what I remember most Keyshawn flapping his gums like a big shot & then watching his BUC team mates get steamrolled...It was such poetic justice.  haha  :funny:  :lol: