Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets Discuss Adrian Wilson

Strong side safety from Arizona.

Since he was released, I have wanted to Colts to sign Adrian Wilson. He is a great option at safety, that would allow the Bethea to stay at the Freeside position.

Playing in the 3-4 in Arizona, he would fit right in with Coach Pagano's defense. He is a more versatile, younger, cheaper option then Ed Reed. He isn't the bruiser that Reid is, but he can still manage well over Zibby.

What are your thoughts on Wilson?

He's a monster of a ss! He was so good while back. Haven't watched him much so don't know if his skills/speed has fallen off or not. Reed is more of the ballhawk type. Wilson is more of the rattle your teeth run stopper!

Cheap and better than Zibi.

Like it.

But I don't know why he was cut by Arizona. If he was just a cap casualty then I would be all for the move.

I was thinking the same thing. I think he was just a cap casualty, though. He's been a great player and always has been, but they have to pay their quarterbacks and Larry Fitzgerald. The strong side safety is an easier position to mask weakness than other pressing needs in Arizona.

Wilson will be 34 in October and while he almost certainly would be an upgrade over Zibs, his best years are behind him. A better option might be Dawan Landry, who won't be 31 until Dec. 30 and who played for the Ravens for five years, two of them with Pagano as the DB coach and one as DC. Just a thought.

Would it be sacrilege if we considered a 4 yr. experienced guy in Patrick Chung from the Pats?

Of course, Dashon Goldson from the 49ers would be my first choice but Patrick Chung is a solid safety too, IMO.

Hasn't Chung been constantly injured?

I thought Ed Reed was 36. My bad.

No worries....   but even if Reed was 36,  my reference to Wilson being 33 was only to his being 33.

Not young enough to tempt Grigson, IMO.    I think he wants guys under 30....

I don't know if he'll make an exception to the rule for anyone....

That'll be an interesting thing to monitor....