Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post-Combine Mock Draft

2013 NFL Mock Draft. Full 1st Round and remaining Colts picks

#1 - Chiefs : Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M : Can't pass up the sure thing. Best overall goes 1st.

#2 - Jags : Bjoern Werner DE Florida State : Need to upgrade their pass rush. Werner is the guy for the job. 

#3 - Raiders : Geno Smith QB West Virginia : Carson Palmer is brutal and Terrell Pryor isn't a long term solution. They'll take a chance on the best QB in the draft. 

#4 - Eagles : Dion Jordan OLB Oregon : This one is fairly easy. Chip Kelly coached him at Oregon and the Eagles need a pass rusher.

#5 - Lions : Dee Milliner CB Alabama : The Lions have been hurting for CB help for a while. In a division with the Bears and Packers, they'll take the best CB in the draft.

#6 - Browns : Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU : This guy is a freak and the Browns are switching to a 3-4. Ansah would be a great pass rusher to have in this transition.

#7 - Cardinals : Matt Barkley QB USC : There was a source not too long ago that said that Barkley wouldn't make it past the Cardinals in the 1st round and that makes sense when you look at their roster. 

#8 - Bills : Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee : The Bills could go in a couple different directions, but they really need a compliment to Stevie Johnson. Patterson is the best WR in the draft. 

#9 - Jets : Chance Warmack OG Alabama : Jets will need in an upgrade in the interior line. Warmack is the guy here.

#10 - Titans : Star Lotulelei DT Utah : Some say that Lotulelei is a top 5 pick, but his latest heart condition news could bump his stock a bit. Titans are there to take advantage. They need the interior pressure on the d-line. 

#11 - Chargers : Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan : 

#12 - Dolphins : Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

#13 - Bucs : Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State

#14 - Panthers : Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri 

#15 - Saints : Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

#16 - Rams : Jonathon Cooper OG North Carolina

#17 - Steelers : Demontre Moore OLB Texas A&M

#18 - Cowboys : Kawaan Short DT Purdue

#19 - Giants : Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

#20 - Bears : Kevin Minter MLB LSU

#21 - Bengals : Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

#22 - Rams : Jonathan Cyprien SS FIU

#23 - Vikings : Keenan Allen WR Cal

#24 - Colts : Desmond Trufant CB Washington

#25 - Seahawks : Tank Carradine DE Florida State

#26 - Packers : D.J. Fluker OT Alabama

#27 - Texans : DeAndrew Hopkins WR Clemson

#28 - Broncos : Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame

#29 - Patriots : Matt Elam SS Florida

#30 - Falcons : Alex Okafor DE Texas

#31 - 49rs : Jesse Williams DT Alabama

#32 - Ravens : Eric Reid FS LSU

Remaining Colts Selections : 

Round 3 : Travis Frederick OC Wisconsin

Round 4 : Duke Williams SS Nevada

Round 6 : Cornelius Washington OLB Georgia

Round 7 : Johnny Adams CB Michigan State

I am a huge backer of Wisconsin Badger Linemen.  Where does Frederick actually go?  What does he actually play?  At 338 he is better served at guard which is a major need.  I am a firm believer that AQ Shipley is Luck's center.  All he needed was the opportunity.

I am showing him (Frederick) as a possible 2nd round pick or 3rd...will he make it to low 3?  I like him!

I still want Rhodes at 24......or BPA DL/OLB....OL....(If a stud has fallen) :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

I am a huge backer of Wisconsin Badger Linemen.  Where does Frederick actually go?  What does he actually play?  At 338 he is better served at guard which is a major need.  I am a firm believer that AQ Shipley is Luck's center.  All he needed was the opportunity.

I am showing him as a possible 2nd round pick or 3rd...will he make it to low 3?  I like him!

I still want Rhodes at 24......or BPA DL/OLB....OL....(If a stud has fallen) :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

Wouldn't mind seeing Shipley at OC. But Frederick in the 3rd would be too good to pass on I believe.

As far as Rhodes goes...I like him a lot but I don't think he gets near us. The CB rankings that I've seen post combine look very similar. 1) Milliner 2) Rhodes 3) Trufant 4) Banks 5) Poyer.

I am showing him (Frederick) as a possible 2nd round pick or 3rd...will he make it to low 3?  I like him!

Frederick actually weighed 312 at the combine.

Frederick has been listed around 338 all year.    And then he showed up at the combine weighing....................

Not sure why he lost so much,  but he did.    Don't know what this does to his draft value.    Would think some teams won't be happy and other teams might be thrilled.   Just don't know what to make of this....

Broncos either draft Matt Elam or Eric Reid, IMO with their 1st pick. Their TE coverage needs to be shored up pretty bad and one of those will help.

Broncos are currently going to have Nate Irving and Steve Johnson battle out he MLB position..."who are they?" you ask... exactly. Broncos could upgrade at a couple different positions, but MLB is definitely one to address and Te'o is a good value at the end of the draft. Would be a hard to pass up.

For what it's worth.....

Over the course of the 4 days of workouts,  the NFL Network brought on three GM's...   Casserly,  Tannenbaum and Pioli...

Over 3 different days they asked each to do a top-10 mock...

And each had Sharrif Floyd going 3rd overall to the Raiders.

Now, whether he does or not is not important.   But all three of those guys thought Floyd was top-5.   That's the point.

For what it's worth.....

Over the course of the 4 days of workouts,  the NFL Network brought on three GM's...   Casserly,  Tannenbaum and Pioli...

Now, whether he does or not is not important.   But all three of those guys thought Floyd was top-5.   That's the point.

Is it me or is it hard to take Tannenbaum seriously?

For what it's worth.....

good god...i did leave him out didn't I? 

He is top 5. This is an error on my part. I got a little wrapped up in swapping my BPA with team needs and viola! 

Thanks for pointing that out. My bad.

Don't like going cb 1st round would rather us get Hankins or Richardson. 3rd round we should get the best available SS which should be Rambo.

I agree we should go with a DT or OLB with our 1st pick. I think we could get Hankins maybe even after a trade down.

I like the 3rd round pick of Frederick though.

Wouldn't mind seeing Shipley at OC. But Frederick in the 3rd would be too good to pass on I believe.

As far as Rhodes goes...I like him a lot but I don't think he gets near us. The CB rankings that I've seen post combine look very similar. 1) Milliner 2) Rhodes 3) Trufant 4) Banks 5) Poyer.

I do really like Frederick!!  I think his run blocking would make Ballard's job easier....and our 'other' running backs TBD :)

Frederick actually weighed 312 at the combine.

Thanks Blood....did not check that...that is telling.....

Frederick has been listed around 338 all year.    And then he showed up at the combine weighing....................

Not sure why he lost so much,  but he did.    Don't know what this does to his draft value.    Would think some teams won't be happy and other teams might be thrilled.   Just don't know what to make of this....

Your and Blood's post are well taken!  That answers the question!  He will be a center and not a guard at that weight.  His suggested weight for center was from 310-315.  

Those who projected him as a road grading guard.....not thrilled....as a center...thrilled?  :)  Good job guys!!!

I did not know that until above on the weight...he WILL be a center...I just do not think we should draft one.....

No, I don't see us drafting a center. Why he would do that is beyond me. Centers are always the last O-lineman taken in the draft so he just cost himself a load of money IMO. Should have stayed up in weight and got drafted as a guard.

Probably his 40 wasn't as terrible as it would have been.

1. Trade to SF for 2,3,5th.

2. Warford or Watson G

2. Williams DT

3. Bostic or Collins OLB

3. Slay DB or Schwenke C

4. Swearinger FS

4. Geathers NT or Mathieu DB/KR

5. Winters G

5. Hawkinson or Bailey G

6. Brad Wing P or Aaron Mellett

7.  :throwback:

FA: Vasquez, Cason, Jackson RB, Kelley WR, Killeen OLB

Would let me update previous selection...

1. Trade to SF or AZ for 2,3,5th. (SF picks Williams DT or AZ picks Fluker or Barkley)

2. Watson OT

2. Warford G

3. Jon Bostic or Jamie Collins, OLB

3. Lemonier OLB or Jenkins OLB

4. Schwenke C or Swope WR

4. Geathers NT or Mathieu DB/KR

5. Winters G or Joanthan Franklin RB

5. Stephon Taylor RB or Kenyon Barner RB/WR, Ace Sanders WR/PR

6. Brad Wing P 

7.   :throwback:

FA: Vasquez G, Cason DB, Jenkins DB, Moore SS, Jackson RB, Kelley WR, Killeen OLB

Resign: Butler, Fokou, Justice.

No, I don't see us drafting a center. Why he would do that is beyond me. Centers are always the last O-lineman taken in the draft so he just cost himself a load of money IMO. Should have stayed up in weight and got drafted as a guard.

I am in total agreement.....I was out of the loop on the weight since I did not watch the combine this year.  I kind of liked the 338 road grading OG!!!