Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calvin Johnson played most of the 2012 season with broken fingers.

Dustin

He will be the GOAT hands down, it's not even close.

It is unlikely that he will have the longevity to become the greatest of all time.  Generally, Jerry Rice is considered the greatest so far and he played for over 20 years and he was very productive for most of that time.  I don't see Johnson playing long enough to unseat Rice as the best ever at WR.

Thats why I drafted him 12th overall in my fantasy draft last year and is one of my 3 keepers :P

I started a Keeper League and I have Calvin Johnson, Cam Newton and Adrian Peterson as my 3 keepers. I drafted Adrian Peterson in the 4th round lolol!!

haha I got Peterson in the 4th too. Took CJ 5th overall and never looked back.

haha I got Peterson in the 4th too. Took CJ 5th overall and never looked back.

hehe so good! :P 5th overall for Calvin Johnson dang! That is some serious commitment to a WR! If there is 1 receiver worth a 1st round pick though its CJ. I like to think I was a genius for getting him in the 4th round, but its scary to think that he fell that far... I got Ryan Matthews in the 3rd round thinking he was a more "sure" thing because of the unknown around APs knee ha... Ryan Matthews was a gigantic bust... I ended up cutting him towards the end of the season, I didn't even want to look at him on my roster anymore he disgusted me so much lol

I made it to the Super Bowl but I lost :( I just didn't have enough RB depth on my team, I drafted QB, WR, RB, RB.. But my 1st RB was a total dud

hehe so good! :P 5th overall for Calvin Johnson dang! That is some serious commitment to a WR! If there is 1 receiver worth a 1st round pick though its CJ. I like to think I was a genius for getting him in the 4th round, but its scary to think that he fell that far... I got Ryan Matthews in the 3rd round thinking he was a more "sure" thing because of the unknown around APs knee ha... Ryan Matthews was a gigantic bust... I ended up cutting him towards the end of the season, I didn't even want to look at him on my roster anymore he disgusted me so much lol

I made it to the Super Bowl but I lost :( I just didn't have enough RB depth on my team, I drafted QB, WR, RB, RB.. But my 1st RB was a total dud

Yeah, I wanted to get Rodgers but he was taken 4th so I improvised. I ended up taking Doug Martin in a later round and he sure helped me late in the season. These RBs are such a crapshoot sometimes. A couple years ago, everyone was taking Peterson #1 overall. I distinctly remember saying it won't be Peterson that scores the most RB points, it'll be someone random like Jamaal Charles, and everyone laughed at me. Well Jamaal Charles was #2 and Arian Foster came literally out of nowhere and had the most.

I got to the SB too and lost, but it was my first year so I was pretty stoked to be there.

Yeah, I wanted to get Rodgers but he was taken 4th so I improvised. I ended up taking Doug Martin in a later round and he sure helped me late in the season. These RBs are such a crapshoot sometimes. A couple years ago, everyone was taking Peterson #1 overall. I distinctly remember saying it won't be Peterson that scores the most RB points, it'll be someone random like Jamaal Charles, and everyone laughed at me. Well Jamaal Charles was #2 and Arian Foster came literally out of nowhere and had the most.

I got to the SB too and lost, but it was my first year so I was pretty stoked to be there.

So you had Peterson and Martin and Calvin Johnson and still lost in the final? Well your opponent might being have sth. like Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice and Dez Bryant I guess. Anyway you must be enjoying the whole yr of FFL by having the top 2 runners and #1 receiver.

But Calvin's 2012 fantasy season probably couldn't be called a success since he only outscored the #10 WR for about 40pts, while that difference was about 100pts in 2011. Peterson outscored the #10 RB about 100pts as well in 2012. So if the owner has only Calvin and misses on his RBs, he/she could easily miss the playoff.

It is unlikely that he will have the longevity to become the greatest of all time. Generally, Jerry Rice is considered the greatest so far and he played for over 20 years and he was very productive for most of that time. I don't see Johnson playing long enough to unseat Rice as the best ever at WR.

Sheesh what a Jerry Rice homer.........

So you had Peterson and Martin and Calvin Johnson and still lost in the final? Well your opponent might being have sth. like Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice and Dez Bryant I guess. Anyway you must be enjoying the whole yr of FFL by having the top 2 runners and #1 receiver.

But Calvin's 2012 fantasy season probably couldn't be called a success since he only outscored the #10 WR for about 40pts, while that difference was about 100pts in 2011. Peterson outscored the #10 RB about 100pts as well in 2012. So if the owner has only Calvin and misses on his RBs, he/she could easily miss the playoff.

I can't remember who my opponent had, but it was a very in-depth league; we used individual defensive players and it was really cool. I had Eli and Andy Dalton as my QBs and they did just about nothing to help me out. Dalton barely even played that last game. For having such dynamic RBs and WRs, it was actually my defensive guys that carried me. Even though they don't get a ton of points, when you have top guys at all the defensive spots it really helps.

Sheesh what a Jerry Rice homer.........

Not at all.  I just recognize that Rice built his legacy over 21 seasons.  It is doubtful Johnson will play as long as that especially at the level Rice played for the vast majority of it.

Personally, I don't think Rice is the best WR of all time, but I know most NFL fans do.   He just played with the best overall talent around him for most of his tenure.  He benefited from being a member of a great team for a long time.

Not at all. I just recognize that Rice built his legacy over 21 seasons. It is doubtful Johnson will play as long as that especially at the level Rice played for the vast majority of it.

Personally, I don't think Rice is the best WR of all time, but I know most NFL fans do. He just played with the best overall talent around him for most of his tenure. He benefited from being a member of a great team for a long time.

haha I was just kidding friend.

I can't remember who my opponent had, but it was a very in-depth league; we used individual defensive players and it was really cool. I had Eli and Andy Dalton as my QBs and they did just about nothing to help me out. Dalton barely even played that last game. For having such dynamic RBs and WRs, it was actually my defensive guys that carried me. Even though they don't get a ton of points, when you have top guys at all the defensive spots it really helps.

IDP is a totally different world - you find the workhorse linebackers who are not always the big names, and you try to find hard-hitting linemen instead of the sack machines. I used to have the Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop and Pat Angerer who won me the league over my opponent's Ray Lewis and Bryan Urlecher.

Not at all.  I just recognize that Rice built his legacy over 21 seasons.  It is doubtful Johnson will play as long as that especially at the level Rice played for the vast majority of it.

Personally, I don't think Rice is the best WR of all time, but I know most NFL fans do.   He just played with the best overall talent around him for most of his tenure.  He benefited from being a member of a great team for a long time.

Nowadays with this kind of hard-hitting defense any WR will be really lucky if he can play for over 10 yrs. Still among all of the modern receivers Calvin is not too bad in this injury department, and he has never played less games per season than his starting QB at Detroit.