Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coltsguy510's Pre-Combine Mock

1. OG Jonathan Cooper: Cooper is one of the best players in the draft, but due to positional value, he will fall. He is very athletic, doesn't make many mistakes, and is explosive off the ball. He has a wrestling backround, which is very useful for offensive lineman. We would be very lucky to have a player of his caliber fall to us.

3. DE/OLB Brandon Jenkins: Jenkins is a major steal at this point in the draft. He is a first round talent, but was forced to sit out this year with a Lisfranc injury. He is explosive off the ball, has the strength to overpower opposing lineman, and is quick in pursuit. I would love to get him at this point in the draft.

4. SS DJ Swearinger: Swearinger will bring an attitude to the secondary that we haven't had since Bob. He isn't afraid to throw his body around. He hasn't missed a game in his four year college career. I would love to get him at this point.

(Projected Comp) 5. NT Montori Hughes: Hughes is a humongous player. He moves very well for his size and has all the physical tools to be a very good player at the next level. He needs a good coach to motivate him though, which is why he falls this far.

6. WR Marcus Davis: Davis is an athletic freak. He needs to work on his route running and work ethic which is where Reggie comes in to mentor him.

I love the mock, and if we get Cooper in the 1st I trust Grigson to know that Cooper can play in our Man blocking scheme even if I dont think he would fit, I'd rather get Joe Vellano in the 6th or if a wr I'd rather get Dan Buckner

Cooper actually has played man in college, due to the different coaches he's had.

Cooper actually has played man in college, due to the different coaches he's had.

Yeah but Im tellin ya that 310lbs creeps me out, I'd rather trade down into the 2nd and draft Travis Frederick, His stock is rising as high as the 2nd round according to NFL Draft Scout and I wont be surprised a bit if he goes in the bottom of the 1st, He would be a sure fit in our Man scheme

Yeah but Im tellin ya that 310lbs creeps me out, I'd rather trade down into the 2nd and draft Travis Frederick, His stock is rising as high as the 2nd round according to NFL Draft Scout and I wont be surprised a bit if he goes in the bottom of the 1st, He would be a sure fit in our Man scheme

Frederick is a C. I would trade down for Warford. We don't know that Cooper is 310. We'll find out tomorrow.

Frederick is a C. I would trade down for Warford. We don't know that Cooper is 310. We'll find out tomorrow.

Some teams may still see him as a Guard because thats where he made a name for himself, How will we find out tomorrow? we still have 3 days till the combine

Great mock, in a perfect world, I'd have Warmack falling to us, but that just is not gonna happen. Exacty the positions I think we should be drafting. This draft is very deep at OLB and Guard, so plenty of quality there. Grigson has already talked up the CB FA class so I believe that will be address in FA.

1. OG Jonathan Cooper: Cooper is one of the best players in the draft, but due to positional value, he will fall. He is very athletic, doesn't make many mistakes, and is explosive off the ball. He has a wrestling backround, which is very useful for offensive lineman. We would be very lucky to have a player of his caliber fall to us.

3. DE/OLB Brandon Jenkins: Jenkins is a major steal at this point in the draft. He is a first round talent, but was forced to sit out this year with a Lisfranc injury. He is explosive off the ball, has the strength to overpower opposing lineman, and is quick in pursuit. I would love to get him at this point in the draft.

4. SS DJ Swearinger: Swearinger will bring an attitude to the secondary that we haven't had since Bob. He isn't afraid to throw his body around. He hasn't missed a game in his four year college career. I would love to get him at this point.

(Projected Comp) 5. NT Montori Hughes: Hughes is a humongous player. He moves very well for his size and has all the physical tools to be a very good player at the next level. He needs a good coach to motivate him though, which is why he falls this far.

6. WR Marcus Davis: Davis is an athletic freak. He needs to work on his route running and work ethic which is where Reggie comes in to mentor him.

Like it.  Not knowing who Davis is, my only change would be...

6. Josh Evans FS or Aaron Mellett WR or Kenny Tate OLB)