Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

whos more likely....

CR91

Honestly? I don't think any QB-WR duo will even approach their records.

953 catches, 112 TDs, and nearly 13,000 yards?

No way, not in today's NFL. The problem is that inevitably this guy or that guy will switch teams. It would reasonably take between 8 to 10 years of solid, steady, consistent production, little time/games lost to injury, and a level of continuity within NFL rosters that doesn't really exist anymore.

If forced to take a stab, though, among your choices, I'd go with Dalton to Green, just because of both guys' talent ceiling and current age.

If both guys remain healthy, Stafford to Calvin could break the Peyton to Harrison records.  But a lot of emphasis is put on "could".  I don't think Dalton is good enough.  To break the Peyton/Marvin records, you will pretty much need two HOF players.  I wouldn't put Stafford in that conversation, but with the way he is playing, Calvin could definitely be there.  Now, if we are very concerned with getting those records broken, then I propose the Lions trade Calvin to Indy for a 7th round pick while agreeing to take 99% of Johnson's cap hit.

If both guys remain healthy, Stafford to Calvin could break the Peyton to Harrison records.  But a lot of emphasis is put on "could".  I don't think Dalton is good enough.  To break the Peyton/Marvin records, you will pretty much need two HOF players.  I wouldn't put Stafford in that conversation, but with the way he is playing, Calvin could definitely be there.  Now, if we are very concerned with getting those records broken, then I propose the Lions trade Calvin to Indy for a 7th round pick while agreeing to take 99% of Johnson's cap hit.

1. Two HOF players

2. Two HOF players who stay healthy

3. Two HOF players who stay healthy and do not switch teams for the majority of their careers

Which is why I said I don't think the Manning-Harrison duo will ever be topped.

I don't think much of Dalton or Stafford at all, so I guess the de facto choice is Ryan/Jones even though I like Megatron and AJ better.

Well if Stafford is forced to throw the ball 1,000 times a season for a few more years then they'll easily surpass it. I'm hesitant to go with Ryan and Julio just because of the sheer amount of weapons Atlanta has to distribute the ball to while Stafford basically only has Megatron.

i know stafford throws like a million passes but he has thrown for 5000 yards twice

i know stafford throws like a million passes but he has thrown for 5000 yards twice

Only once.  He was just shy this season.

Well if Stafford is forced to throw the ball 1,000 times a season for a few more years then they'll easily surpass it. I'm hesitant to go with Ryan and Julio just because of the sheer amount of weapons Atlanta has to distribute the ball to while Stafford basically only has Megatron.

True... but I don't know if he hangs around that long between his propensity for shoulder injuries and the fact that he kind of sucked this season.

Julio Jones will eat into Roddy White's TDs and vice versa.

That is where, if Stafford is upright and healthy, Megatron will go bonkers in a few seasons and that duo has the best chance to get the Peyton-Harrison record. Unless, of course, they get Wes Welker or Mike Wallace in free agency. :)