Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone make a Harvin thread yet?

MrNLM

As a Colts fan in MN I have watched every vikings game for a long time, and I can honestly say that Percy Harvin is something special, he plays on a different level than T.Y. I always thought he would become a non-factor due to Ponders inability to throw accurately down the field with the face that he was their ONLY threat. But he never did! the defense was always keying on him and he would still blow past them. Sure having AD on your team helps but playing with Ponder nullifies that argument. I can only imagine him with luck in place of Avery. It is like a modern Manning to Harrison.

I think having Reggie opposite it would be hard for the defenses to cover up top, and Harvin is the perfect WR to make them pay for that, and if they go short the west coast offense should have Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener running check downs.

Yeah his whole migraine thing is going to be a concern but I'm sure someone is going to take a look at him.

The migraine issue seems to be a thing of the past.  He brings other baggage with him.  He's not considered to be a 

"team oriented" type guy.  

He is a game changing talent and does things not many players can do.  That being said, it's going to take 10 millions dollars a season to land him.  The risks are too high for that kind of money

The migraine issue seems to be a thing of the past.  He brings other baggage with him.  He's not considered to be a 

"team oriented" type guy.  

He is a game changing talent and does things not many players can do.  That being said, it's going to take 10 millions dollars a season to land him.  The risks are too high for that kind of money

Yeah, true. I think with the right kind of coaching though, the whole image thing could fade away. Send him to Belichick or Tomlin and the guy would flourish. You're very right about the risks, but who knows.

He has health issues and will cost a lot of money.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Colts uniform, but I won't lose any sleep if we don't acquire him

Maybe too much dinero ?

According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, the "word circulating in league circles" is that Percy Harvin wants at least an annual $10 million in his new contract, with the "real goal" perhaps being $12 million or more.

$12 million annually would make Harvin the league's highest paid receiver not named Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. Beat writer Tom Pelissero confirms Harvin's suspected contract demands are a "bigger issue" in trade talks than the draft picks it would take to acquire him. An AFC personnel executive "guesses" the Vikings could get a second- or third-round pick, along with another selection to "sweeten the pot." For his part, Pelissero thinks the situation could still go either way, ending in "reconciliation" with the Vikings or a one-way ticket out of town. Pelissero believes Harvin's unique skill-set, checkered medical history and "well-documented pattern of insubordination" will conspire to limit his market.

He'll go to New England and put up 2,000 yards.

It's funny, there's been a ton of speculation with connecting Harvin to NE, but I don't think they would make a move on him. I mean, Welker is a more productive (but not as physically gifted) slot guy, albeit older, and they won't pay him. I know Harvin's in his prime but I can't see them dumping a ton of cash on him, which is what he apparently wants.

All that said, the Patriots have surprised me before. And I do think there's a little bit more of a sense of urgency these days, with Brady's career entering its twilight.

Also, consider, in a major break from their general character, the Patriots aren't loaded with draft picks in 2013. They have four (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th). Their 4th-5th-6ths were part of the Talib/Haynesworth/OchoCinco trades.