Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos could cut Champ Bailey?

Jules

Was just browsing various team news on KFFL and saw this.

Broncos | Champ Bailey could be cut

Wed, 06 Feb 2013 05:56:20 -0800

The Denver Broncos could cut CB Champ Bailey in the offseason. He's set to make $9 million with a $1 million roster bonus. The team has some emerging corners, and Bailey struggled in the postseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/NFL#ixzz2KMo85jb5

I actually think Bailey is one of those guys that could make a good FS. He is more than good tackler but yes that contract is pretty high. I see him like a hybrid sorta like Charles Woodson. I agree he may not have elite speed anymore but his instincts and how solid a tackler he is can't be ignored. He isn't the lock down corner he used to be but he is far better than most.

Bailey plays great all season, has one bad postseason game and now he should be cut?

Agree.

Besides with that logic a lot of defensive players should be cut this postseason after playing Baltimore. haha

I think with Champ though the speculation is about money more then anything. Not sure, I don't follow the Broncos closely enough. Maybe Bayone will know more about this.

Agree.

Besides with that logic a lot of defensive players should be cut this postseason after playing Baltimore. haha

I think with Champ though the speculation is about money more then anything. Not sure, I don't follow the Broncos closely enough. Maybe Bayone will know more about this.

Porter the so called great FA pickup will be cut / let go, not Bailey

They need another true cover man though

Was just browsing various team news on KFFL and saw this.

Broncos | Champ Bailey could be cut

Wed, 06 Feb 2013 05:56:20 -0800

The Denver Broncos could cut CB Champ Bailey in the offseason. He's set to make $9 million with a $1 million roster bonus. The team has some emerging corners, and Bailey struggled in the postseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/NFL#ixzz2KMo85jb5

The Broncos have 17 or 18 mil under the cap they will need to sign Ryan Clady  & the Draft & future transactions to afford & consider, With young capable players in there secondary already on the team he's expendable or so it looks. With so much money tied up on offense the Broncos IMO have to let him go . Much like the purge here in Indy no one likes it but at the end of the day its a business . Pat Kirwin has a article about the 5 teams most likely to make it to the SB next season based on 8 catagories the Broncos are the 5'th team in that story .  Another article says the strength of schedule is a cake walk for the Broncos . I guess the question is can they do it with out him  ?or does he sign for less maybe a year ? Because on paper there looking like a shoe in .

Now I believe they have to let him go but would be stupid after witnessing our Colts secondary I realize how hard it is to get the right personnel . Maybe John Elway becomes exec of the year  2013 if he's able to keep him .

The Broncos have 17 or 18 mil under the cap they will need to sign Ryan Clady  & the Draft & future transactions to afford & consider, With young capable players in there secondary already on the team he's expendable or so it looks. With so much money tied up on offense the Broncos IMO have to let him go . Much like the purge here in Indy no one likes it but at the end of the day its a business . Pat Kirwin has a article about the 5 teams most likely to make it to the SB next season based on 8 catagories the Broncos are the 5'th team in that story .  Another article says the strength of schedule is a cake walk for the Broncos . I guess the question is can they do it with out him  ?or does he sign for less maybe a year ? Because on paper there looking like a shoe in .

Now I believe they have to let him go but would be stupid after witnessing our Colts secondary I realize how hard it is to get the right personnel . Maybe John Elway becomes exec of the year  2013 if he's able to keep him .

actuaally the broncois spend far less on oiffense than D, someone had a post on NFL salary , team breakdowns, 

and Teams were listed total expense I belive but definitely with their offense *& defense noted seperately

Broncos D If remember correct is  highest in league, offense is only 14th & total cost was les than the d , I would of thought  the opposite  also with Peyton there 

Totally trhey are 2nd most behind lions 

Defense: $70.2m
1st

Offense: $55.2m
14th

-----------------

another article also showed how broncos can easily increase cap space another 10 million if choose not to resign ceratin players, like 6 million fo LB r D.J. Williams who did nothing good in few games he played and has issues with 2 suspensions this past year alone 

sorry I dont have the link and not searching  it out but highly doubt drop Champ, do need to find a true opposite  cover corner with speed though

I would think they'd try to renegotiate his contract and lower his salaries for the next two years rather than release him. Yes, he's older, and not as good as he used to be. But I don't think they'd cut him outright. He's still valuable to any pass defense, and it's not like the Broncos have an embarrassment of riches in the secondary.