Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Belichick

superrep1967

he went to the locker room only after going to mid field . . . they just did not show him on camera . . . that is all . . .

as for BB, he never does after the game interviews, win or loose . . . he did however spend time with coach Harbaugh at midfield and had to look for him or a while and the camera was on BB walking around looking for Coach Harbaugh . . .

I did see that. I chuckled a bit because John kept talking and Bill was like um okay..got..got it..got it..want to go now...

A few things to address in this thread.

First:

bradyflacco.jpg

And Second:
From Peter King's column Monday morning:
The postgame conversation on the field with Bill Belichick ... Harbaugh: "I'll treasure that conversation forever. Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it's such a circus. I said I didn't know; I thought we should do it, it's just the right thing to do. And we did. He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us. I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them.''

What's this thread about again?

What does talking to the reporter have to do with sportsmanship? I've heard people criticize Tebow and others for being too media friendly. It has nothing to do with the sport itself, if the guy doesn't want to talk in what is surely a hoarse or strained voice and show his emotions right now, I can't blame him. He shook hands with the other coach and that's sportsmanship enough for me. At least he ddin't pull a Todd Haley...

You guys all miss the "major" point of this. CBS , who pays hundreds of millions so a guy like Bellichick can make about 6 million a year , wants a 40 second interview from the losing coach. According to the media , Bill is the only one that does not comply. So not only is he a bad sport , he's pretty arrogant also.

Is he still coaching the Pro Bowl? Doesn't the coach who lost the Conference Championship coach the team?

Traditionally, the losing coaches in the NFC and AFC Championship Games were tapped to lead the Pro Bowl teams after the Super Bowl. But the criteria has been changed to invite the losing coaches and staffs from the divisional playoff losers with the best regular-season records.

Traditionally, the losing coaches in the NFC and AFC Championship Games were tapped to lead the Pro Bowl teams after the Super Bowl. But the criteria has been changed to invite the losing coaches and staffs from the divisional playoff losers with the best regular-season records.

Ah... So Jon Fox?

Some people don't handle losing well, hate it more than anything. He's one of those guys. If I was a head coach I wouldn't want a camera shoved in my face after a loss like this...especially if tears are threatening to fall...well, he'll have an offseason to get over it. Brady's on T.V. right now though.

I wouldn't want to do it either, but at some point you have to man up and do your job, even though it would have been a silly interview with one word answers anyway.

Some people don't handle losing well, hate it more than anything. He's one of those guys. If I was a head coach I wouldn't want a camera shoved in my face after a loss like this...especially if tears are threatening to fall...well, he'll have an offseason to get over it. Brady's on T.V. right now though.

Losing and winning create drastically different emotions. I don't blame the guy, no more than I blame guys like Jay Cutler who don't get along with the media and don't feel the need to pour their guts out to the camera no matter the situation.

What does talking to the reporter have to do with sportsmanship? I've heard people criticize Tebow and others for being too media friendly. It has nothing to do with the sport itself, if the guy doesn't want to talk in what is surely a hoarse or strained voice and show his emotions right now, I can't blame him. He shook hands with the other coach and that's sportsmanship enough for me. At least he ddin't pull a Todd Haley...

he went to the locker room only after going to mid field . . . they just did not show him on camera . . . that is all . . .

as for BB, he never does after the game interviews, win or loose . . . he did however spend time with coach Harbaugh at midfield and had to look for him or a while and the camera was on BB walking around looking for Coach Harbaugh . . .

A few things to address in this thread.

First:

bradyflacco.jpg

And Second:
From Peter King's column Monday morning:
The postgame conversation on the field with Bill Belichick ... Harbaugh: "I'll treasure that conversation forever. Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it's such a circus. I said I didn't know; I thought we should do it, it's just the right thing to do. And we did. He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us. I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them.''

What's this thread about again?

Beautifully stated QuizBoy, Yehoodi, & Dynasty13.  :thmup:  Why so many people falsely tie negative connotations to failing to address the media with every possible reporter, camera, & microphone is beyond me. Belichick was gracious toward John Harbaugh in his victory Sunday night & he held a press conference shortly after the game concluded. What more do you expect Bill to do? I find this unsportsman like criticism completely without merit or justification.

What lasting impression does speaking with a losing coach in the playoffs serve anyone anyway? Who cares? In sports, you focus on the winning team & move on to the next round or the SB. The fact that so many teams in the NFL attempt to replicate the Patriot Way in their own football organizations speaks volumes to the high esteem that Robert Kraft & Bill Belichick are held in across the league.