Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Leaf kicked out of drug treatment center [Merge]

ColtsFTW

OMG.......5 years in prison or play by the rules for 9 months in a drug treatment facility....and he blows it? This mans life is a comedic tragedy. 

To my knowledge, he has never been diagnosed with any mental disorder/neurological disorder. A quarterback in the NFL and now he's going to be a wide receiver in prison. 

I've said it before, I've argued it at length. This man NEEDS prison. Stop cutting him breaks. Knock it off with the favoritism. If I did half his crimes, I'd be in prison for years and years. He strikes me as an eternally spoiled child. Prison may wake him up and frankly, I blame the legal system for not helping him sooner by sending up up for hard time. 

Still the biggest bust in modern NFL draft history.

Just because of how close the race between him and Peyton was.

Thankfully Polian and Irsay chose Peyton instead of Ryan, but hopefully Leaf will learn after this stint in prison.

if he hasn't learned by now I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not drafting Leaf was one of the best decisions the Colts have ever made.

Another could be letting go of Manning and drafting Luck instead of RGIII whose durablity could be a big issue. 30+ yrs of continous success in a small market is unmatchable in today's salary-capped NFL era. Kudos and $$$ go to Jim Irsay.

Another could be letting go of Manning and drafting Luck instead of RGIII whose durablity could be a big issue. 30+ yrs of continous success in a small market is unmatchable in today's salary-capped NFL era. Kudos and $$$ go to Jim Irsay.

Can you imagine Griffin playing behind our O-line last season? Oh wow....he woulda got straight killed.

Griffin has won me over to his personality and skills as a legit NFL passer. However,  the one negative thing I've said about him over the last year still rings true......his durability isn't on par with his play style. 

I wonder if Eli Manning would be our QB now if we had taken Leaf? 

OMG.......5 years in prison or play by the rules for 9 months in a drug treatment facility....and he blows it? This mans life is a comedic tragedy. 

To my knowledge, he has never been diagnosed with any mental disorder/neurological disorder. A quarterback in the NFL and now he's going to be a wide receiver in prison. 

I've said it before, I've argued it at length. This man NEEDS prison. Stop cutting him breaks. Knock it off with the favoritism. If I did half his crimes, I'd be in prison for years and years. He strikes me as an eternally spoiled child. Prison may wake him up and frankly, I blame the legal system for not helping him sooner by sending up up for hard time. 

This could be said for ALOT of "celebrities" now a days.  Just look at the train wreck that Lindsay Lohan is!  Their sense of entitlement is amazing. 

Has society deified these people to the point where they think that the law doesn't apply to them?  As a parent I look at the people around my children and I only want them to have quality people around them.  People of high character and morale fiber. . . .sounds like my favorite football team :clap: :rock::number1:

The guy is a clown, and of course I am forever thankful that the Colts didn't take him. It would have been Art Schlicter all over again - but worse because of who we failed to pick.

However, if you read this other article that someone linked to in a different thread, http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8854058/ryan-leaf-booted-treatment-center-prison  I'm not sure that I wouldn't lose my mind in a place like that either. Sample: "He also was found guilty of wearing clothes he was told not to wear and volunteering his services when directed not to" It also indicates that his biggest issues involved expressing his hatred for one of the staffers in writing - during an exercise that specifically calls for honest self-analysis. Should he have lied? Oh, and he volunteered his services when directed not to! I think he should be burned at the stake for that one. It's not like he assaulted someone, or broke into the dispensary to steal more drugs.

The picture I get is of a place where the program's goal is to stripe you of all remaining dignity and any sense of control. It's possible that some of the staffers enjoy it a bit too much - particularly with a "patient" who has fallen so far. Leaf obviously isn't quite right in the head, but frankly I would likely find it impossible not to lose my temper in that scenario either.