Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Patriots AFC Divisonal Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Revisit the first Texans-Colts game. Enough said. If you need any further convincing, tread through the Patriots, Jaguars, and I'm sure a few other v.s. Colts threads as well.

Sure, you will find people screaming of bogus calls in just about every game, regardless of fan base. You and Vance take it a step further around here though. You guys actually goes as far as trying to discredit the other team's victory over your team. That's weak 

Sure, you will find people screaming of bogus calls in just about every game, regardless of fan base. You and Vance take it a step further around here though. You guys actually goes as far as trying to discredit the other team's victory over your team. That's weak 

No, no, screaming of bogus calls is indeed to be expected. But the extremities that I've seen some make here are just out of hand. Any attempt to disagree with what you guys call horrible calls will warrant being accused of trolling. I don't discredit any victory, I took it like a man despite a few calls that I myself did not like. The only call I've actually mentioned was that one pass by 12 that was obviously a turnover and the refs deemed it an incomplete pass. I won't complain, I won't gripe and moan in a flame thread. I took the Colts loss like a nasty pill and moved on, just as I will this loss. My team will be back next year, and we can start over seeking the Lombardi again. Hopefully they'll get it right next time...

I will say that I admire you coming here to eat your crow tonight, though. That's more than your comrade who was trolling last night has done, anyways

Crow is a dish that I taste sparingly. Quite disgusting but hey, if you're hungry gotta eat.

No, no, screaming of bogus calls is indeed to be expected. But the extremities that I've seen some make here are just out of hand. Any attempt to disagree with what you guys call horrible calls will warrant being accused of trolling. I don't discredit any victory, I took it like a man despite a few calls that I myself did not like. The only call I've actually mentioned was that one pass by 12 that was obviously a turnover and the refs deemed it an incomplete pass. I won't complain, I won't gripe and moan in a flame thread. I took the Colts loss like a nasty pill and moved on, just as I will this loss. My team will be back next year, and we can start over seeking the Lombardi again. Hopefully they'll get it right next time...

You're in enemy territory, so of course every faulty argument will be magnified in your eyes. Your whole purpose of being here is to look for them and attack. I disagree with your assessment of these boards. And if you feel that such is the case, it's a bit puzzling to me that you enjoying staying here

You're in enemy territory, so of course every faulty argument will be magnified in your eyes. Your whole purpose of being here is to look for them and attack. I disagree with your assessment of these boards. And if you feel that such is the case, it's a bit puzzling to me that you enjoying staying here

My purpose isn't to attack, though when I see outlandish things I will not shy away from pointing them out. I enjoy being in good company, that's why I will be here all offseason and even next year. No excuses from me...but, you're right. I'm in enemy territory, so a lot of this bickering and closing of threads is not unexpected. I'm sure the mods enjoy me and Vance's company. haha

He stays here because he has some friends here that like his post and want him to stay. He has been here for quite some time and I for one hope he stays for a long time. :thmup:

My purpose isn't to attack, though when I see outlandish things I will not shy away from pointing them out. I enjoy being in good company, that's why I will be here all offseason and even next year. No excuses from me...but, you're right. I'm in enemy territory, so a lot of this bickering and closing of threads is not unexpected. I'm sure the mods enjoy me and Vance's company. haha

Well I for one enjoy your company on the forum but sometimes I can't always say the same for Vance haha  so I hope you stay and post as usual. ;)  The forum wouldn't be the same if you left.

Well I for one enjoy your company on the forum but sometimes I can't always say the same for Vance haha  so I hope you stay and post as usual. ;)  The forum wouldn't be the same if you left.

Hahaha yeah, I'll be here. If we lose three more times in the Divisional Round and 12 gets to the Super Bowl, however...haha

We love ya here. :)  You bring a little fire but we gotta watch how close you come to the line. Just remember, if you stop one line before a colt fan (who has HFA) you're usually safe. :)

Oh and good game tonight. I didnt see any turnovers. We had to put 3 freakin' nails in the coffin.

At 31-13 I said thats the golden spike. Then the coffin creaked open. Brady puts a silver nail in. Again the coffin squeaks. Ok don't be Fox conservative and yelled put the copper spike in Brady. He did. ;)

Yes...a bet that I should never have made lol. Oh well... at least orange and blue are Florida Gator colors, so I guess I can cope with it haha

Yeah well..I bit into a bet with Colts Diva just cus' I liked her. Wasn't even a pats game buth Ravens-Colts.

I had to put "I sleep with my Peyton Manning doll"......in lavender no less.

tis ok..we were friends and she she came up to foxboro got me face value nfl tickets to the colts-pats div game, 7th row:)

We love ya here. :)  You bring a little fire but we gotta watch how close you come to the line. Just remember, if you stop one line before a colt fan (who has HFA) you're usually safe. :)

Oh and good game tonight. I didnt see any turnovers. We had to put 3 freakin' nails in the coffin.

At 31-13 I said thats the golden spike. Then the coffin creaked open. Brady puts a silver nail in. Again the coffin squeaks. Ok don't be Fox conservative and yelled put the copper spike in Brady. He did. ;)

Yeah, I thought it was over too. But then in stereotypical Texan fashion the guys put up a fight and score when the clock is already nearly out. The better team won tonight, that's for sure. Now go and beat the Ravens for us...If Wacko Flacco gets a ring I'm going to lose my mind.

Yeah well..I bit into a bet with Colts Diva just cus' I liked her. Wasn't even a pats game buth Ravens-Colts.

I had to put "I sleep with my Peyton Manning doll"......in lavender no less.

tis ok..we were friends and she she came up to foxboro got me face value nfl tickets to the colts-pats div game, 7th row:)

Hahaha wow so you won anyway. See, some bets pay off after all haha.

Yeah, I thought it was over too. But then in stereotypical Texan fashion the guys put up a fight and score when the clock is already nearly out. The better team won tonight, that's for sure. Now go and beat the Ravens for us...If Wacko Flacco gets a ring I'm going to lose my mind.

yeah if Flacco won the SB I'd jump off the moon.  He'd really think he's elite then.

Ray Lewis I don't mind... minus the preaching that would insure:)

yeah if Flacco won the SB I'd jump off the moon.  He'd really think he's elite then.

Ray Lewis I don't mind... minus the preaching that would insure:)

Oh yeah, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Ngata...those are guys I wouldn't mind getting one (or another, in Ray's case). But Flacco thinking that he is elite... :funny:

Yeah, i don't think flacco is elite but they sure torched the broncos through the air last night

True...if he can maintain that kind of performance consistently enough then he can be in the discussion. Elite is a term that is thrown around too much these days. But he did a good job against that nearly unbeatable Denver team though. Proved a lot of people wrong with that performance.

Yeah, i don't think flacco is elite but they sure torched the broncos through the air last night

If Flacco was an elite QB, the Ravens would have been sitting on a comfortable lead in the 4th quarter with no threat of OT. The Ravens' receivers were beating the Denver secondary deep all night. As good a night as Flacco had throwing deep, he still missed a couple deep passes that would have either been TDs or set them up for a TD of FG. Same thing in the Colts game the previous week....although not as deep. There were several times when the receiver was open, Flacco read the defense correctly and recognized it, but he couldn't deliver.

I haven't watched Flacco a lot, but from what I've seen he appears to be a pretty smart QB. He makes good reads and decisions and he protects the ball, but there are a lot of throws that he can't make accurately enough to complete. He's smart about it, though. He usually doesn't turn it over when he misses; he just doesn't complete the pass. Mentally, I would say that he is on the level of a top-tier QB, but in terms of actually making the throws, he is mid-tier. I can't recall a game where Flacco threw a crucial interception that cost his team a big game. I'm sure somebody will come up with an example. Every QB does it from time to time, but I don't expect it from Flacco like I do....say.....Tony Romo.

And now the walk of shame.... :corner:

I don't know how you feel, but I'm starting to question Kubiak a little bit. It's like they consistently show up in these big games and start doing stuff they don't normally do. Some of the things I saw looked like bad coaching in certain parts of the game.

I know I'm late to this topic as I watched this game at my grandmother's house, but again, Houston showed why I absolutely hate taking the ball first. Despite the fact that the Texans brought the ball back to the Pats 10 yard line they only got 3 points out of it, which was pretty big for the Pats at the time. The Texans won the toss so the ball was in their court, and they chose to receive.

The Texans seemed to be getting some momentum back in their favor towards the end of the first half. They scored a TD with a minute left to bring the game to within 7. Then they forced the Pats to punt and drove down the field with 30 seconds left and kicked a FG as the half expired to bring the game to within 4. And then the Patriots got the ball to start out the second half and they took it right down the field and made the Texans play catch-up for the rest of the game. Had the Texans got the ball to begin the second half they'd have the opportunity to drive down the field and take the lead, and it would've put them on much better footing for the rest of the game IMO.

Luckily, the Ravens finally got the hint that not deferring is for dummies (I know they deferred against the Pats in the regular season). So, Ravens, if you win the coin toss (which might decide the outcome of the game), do us a favor and defer. I think it's more lifting to a team if you go on defense to start the game and get a quick stop (which means that the team with the ball first does absolutely nothing with their free possession), rather than going on offense to start the game and getting a score.

I don't know how you feel, but I'm starting to question Kubiak a little bit. It's like they consistently show up in these big games and start doing stuff they don't normally do. Some of the things I saw looked like bad coaching in certain parts of the game.

Well I haven't had a chance to see the game yet, but from the updates and plays that I saw on my phone...like passing on 4th and 1...well, his calls have indeed been questionable at times. I'll reserve judgment till I work up the nerve to watch the recorded game in a week or two.

What is an 'elite' quarter back? Anybody got the criteria, as I'd be keen to know what it is? And did Flacco say he was 'elite', like Eli did?

I really think QB 'Eliteness' (whatever it may be) is being redefined right before our eyes!

Elite was brought up with Manning and Brady being the bar. Flacco last year said he was in that elite class. Yes he did.

To me if I was using the term it would be a great QB who wins and is consistent and veteran, ie not a rookie