Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Wants Painter In The Second Half?

Smitto

At least painter knows the system, collins holds on to the ball too long. At least painter will throw it away... I seriously over estimated the colts coaching staff... and thats not something i thought i would have ever said.... Painter?

I don't even want Painter on the roster, clear enough? This loss lays at Caldwell's feet, if the entire team comes out flat next week, it will also.

Painter would have coughed the ball up on the patheitc block by Clark (yes it was a pathetic attempt), botched snaps happen all the time. Special teams have been pathetic for so long one can almost chalk up a run back. The d was terrible. Scheme,intensity,and just common pride, absolutely terrible.

I have a hard time believing that Caldwell could inspire a malnourished polar bear to eat a baby seal. Rodney Harrison made it a point to mention that the Colts were outcoached, and he was entirely spot on.

Don't quite understand the extreme viewpoint. Painter has shown a significant amount of talent, what drives everyone nuts is the mistakes. It's reasonable to believe that the more he plays, the better he will become.

Peyton had a ridiculous number of interceptions his first year - and it's not like there was no talent (Faulk, Harrison, Glenn come to mind). QBs don't pop out of the womb fully formed.

Note to anyone about to make a silly assumption: I'm not for a second suggesting that Painter compares in any way to Manning, but if you think he has no talent I'm inclined to assume that you're just jumping on the pile for fun, and haven't bothered to pay much attention when he was on the field.

That being said, no, I wouldn't have wanted Collins pulled at half-time. He needs to work with the offense as much as possible if he is to have any chance of stepping up.

Where is this significant talent he's shown? Did you watch the game where he came in against the Jets when the perfect season was on the line? A cardboard cutout on the field would have been more productive. One lucky play here and there is not talent, I can go out and get a strike in bowling but i'm not a pro. To be a pro you have to be consistent. We have already wasted two years on this kid. It's time to let him go and start with someone else. There are numerous other 1 or 2 year QB's that are starting in this league that make Painter look like he couldn't make it as a backup in the CFL.

Collins played fine the high throws and one fumble were a direct result of the offensive line not blocking anybody.the texans wereall over him and it wasnt because he held the ball to long if peyton were in there and the oline played like that it would have been just as bad. painter is not an option he shouldnt even be on the team Orlovski should be the third quarterback. he picked up the offense and made faster and better decissions than painter and he was only there a couple months Painter has been there for 3 years now. most of Collins passes were right on target. that loss is on the defense specialteams,offenive line and the coaching staff

Where is this significant talent he's shown? Did you watch the game where he came in against the Jets when the perfect season was on the line? A cardboard cutout on the field would have been more productive.

Painter was thrown into an absolute lions den in the Jets game. The Colts starters were pulled out, and Painter walked into a game cold with a oline that was more concerned with working the bench splinters out of their rears then they were stopping the incredibly fired up - 40 minutes warm - DESPERATE to break our unbeaten streak and prove themselves - Jets starters waiting to eat Painter alive. He never had a chance. To view that and feel anything but sympathy is just mean spirited.

He could have peed his pants and crawled back to the locker room. Instead he came out on ensuing drives and made a couple of pretty passes - still playing with scrubs against arguably the best defense in football - that SHOULD have had people saying "wow, look at this kid under pressure. Instead of being rattled he came back looking like Joe freaking Montana. Maybe there's something there we can work with". Instead, not a single media outlet replayed anything other than the turnovers, and the so-called fans joined in with an ignorant chorus of irrational hatred that they continue to this day. I wonder if people even bother watching him play with the interests of the team in mind, or if they are just having too much fun dumping on him. It seems to be "the thing to do".

Every single time I have watched Painter he has done SOMETHING to grab my attention and give me hope that he can develop into a decent QB. In the GB game he had MANY such moments and - finally having a game plan and starters beside him - he absolutely was consistent. He actually relentlessly dominated the second quarter. What game were you watching? He still stared down his receiver too much, and still threw 2-3 passes into his receivers feet, but a rational person would expect him to be able to improve upon that with additional playing time. He is mobile, has a really good arm, can make any throw you want, and (despite the silly mistakes) appears to be incredible cool under pressure. I'm confident that he has significantly more upside than Collins. Collins isn't in there because Painter has no talent. Collins is in there because the management didn't want to hand a perpetual playoff contender to a rookie and spend half the season watching him take baby steps. I assure you that if the Colts lose several more games in a row and Peyton is put on IR, Painter will be in there - because at least his getting a chance to play would help the team down the road. Collins has one foot out the door and has no future.

Painter was thrown into an absolute lions den in the Jets game. The Colts starters were pulled out, and Painter walked into a game cold with a oline that was more concerned with working the bench splinters out of their rears then they were stopping the incredibly fired up - 40 minutes warm - DESPERATE to break our unbeaten streak and prove themselves - Jets starters waiting to eat Painter alive. He never had a chance. To view that and feel anything but sympathy is just mean spirited.

He could have peed his pants and crawled back to the locker room. Instead he came out on ensuing drives and made a couple of pretty passes - still playing with scrubs against arguably the best defense in football - that SHOULD have had people saying "wow, look at this kid under pressure. Instead of being rattled he came back looking like Joe freaking Montana. Maybe there's something there we can work with". Instead, not a single media outlet replayed anything other than the turnovers, and the so-called fans joined in with an ignorant chorus of irrational hatred that they continue to this day. I wonder if people even bother watching him play with the interests of the team in mind, or if they are just having too much fun dumping on him. It seems to be "the thing to do".

Every single time I have watched Painter he has done SOMETHING to grab my attention and give me hope that he can develop into a decent QB. In the GB game he had MANY such moments and - finally having a game plan and starters beside him - he absolutely was consistent. He actually relentlessly dominated the second quarter. What game were you watching? He still stared down his receiver too much, and still threw 2-3 passes into his receivers feet, but a rational person would expect him to be able to improve upon that with additional playing time. He is mobile, has a really good arm, can make any throw you want, and (despite the silly mistakes) appears to be incredible cool under pressure. I'm confident that he has significantly more upside than Collins. Collins isn't in there because Painter has no talent. Collins is in there because the management didn't want to hand a perpetual playoff contender to a rookie and spend half the season watching him take baby steps. I assure you that if the Colts lose several more games in a row and Peyton is put on IR, Painter will be in there - because at least his getting a chance to play would help the team down the road. Collins has one foot out the door and has no future.

don't waste your time man...well thought out posts that express actual football knowledge usually get overlooked on here. there's nothing you can do to stop the Painter-hating. Now people are calling for Garrard but I'd be money those same people would be calling for Garrard's head after one loss. Patience is definitely a thing of the past.

don't waste your time man...well thought out posts that express actual football knowledge usually get overlooked on here. there's nothing you can do to stop the Painter-hating. Now people are calling for Garrard but I'd be money those same people would be calling for Garrard's head after one loss. Patience is definitely a thing of the past.

I must have a Don Quixote complex. Hopefully I'll get over it and just accept the looney comments for what they are. ;)

I'm sorry it just doesn't sound like you watched the game. Painter looked like Joe Montana? Are you in the twilight zone? Lets forget the Jets game, how about his first posession of the year? Who was that even thrown to? To think Painter is our QB of the future is absolute Lunacy. The guy has been around 2 years and he is the same now as he was then... At some point you have to stop saying he can "fix" himself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d82171faa/Painting-an-ugly-picture

I'm sorry it just doesn't sound like you watched the game. Painter looked like Joe Montana? Are you in the twilight zone? Lets forget the Jets game, how about his first posession of the year? Who was that even thrown to? To think Painter is our QB of the future is absolute Lunacy. The guy has been around 2 years and he is the same now as he was then... At some point you have to stop saying he can "fix" himself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d82171faa/Painting-an-ugly-picture

I find it a bit ridiculous, remind me... how many pics did painter have in the preseason? you would think that his pct would show since he was at 50% for the preseason that he would have more pics... but nope there were some dropped passes and some bad passes. All in all he didnt have a really bad preseason at all... Painter is NOT the colts future BUT he is what they have now and right now he is the better QB for the job.

Painter was thrown into an absolute lions den in the Jets game. The Colts starters were pulled out, and Painter walked into a game cold with a oline that was more concerned with working the bench splinters out of their rears then they were stopping the incredibly fired up - 40 minutes warm - DESPERATE to break our unbeaten streak and prove themselves - Jets starters waiting to eat Painter alive. He never had a chance. To view that and feel anything but sympathy is just mean spirited. ...

.. In the GB game he had MANY such moments and - finally having a game plan and starters beside him - he absolutely was consistent. He actually relentlessly dominated the second quarter. What game were you watching? He still stared down his receiver too much, and still threw 2-3 passes into his receivers feet, but a rational person would expect him to be able to improve upon that with additional playing time. He is mobile, has a really good arm, can make any throw you want, and (despite the silly mistakes) appears to be incredible cool under pressure. I'm confident that he has significantly more upside than Collins. Collins isn't in there because Painter has no talent. Collins is in there because the management didn't want to hand a perpetual playoff contender to a rookie and spend half the season watching him take baby steps. I assure you that if the Colts lose several more games in a row and Peyton is put on IR, Painter will be in there - because at least his getting a chance to play would help the team down the road. Collins has one foot out the door and has no future.

I appreciate well thought out, knowledgeable posts. Wasn't that Jets game in the year he was a rookie? IMO, Painter was made the scapegoat for one of the most nonsense decisions ever made by Colts management.

that loss is on the defense, specialteams, offensive line and the coaching staff

You're the 1st one to even mention special teams. I agree with your comment. Collins did the best he could with what little time he's been with the team. He can't be blamed for the entire defensive performance, ST's and the "O-line" [cough] he was given. And to whomever is responsible for the O-line as it is today, if you felt the need to BLEEP around with the personnel at LEAST make it better! At this rate, Collins will be on IR before Peyton is and this thread will be moot.

At least painter knows the system, collins holds on to the ball too long. At least painter will throw it away... I seriously over estimated the colts coaching staff... and thats not something i thought i would have ever said.... Painter?

If it's not Peyton, it doesn't make any difference. However, I think Collins gives the Colts a better chance than Painter. I think my house painter gives us a better chance than Painter. It boils down to executing a strong run game to win.

We all know Collins can play....we saw him play against us last year....

,,,,,,,He seems like a dedicated player man..now with something to prove..

....and his record speaks for itself...he needs time and experince with his new teammates.

To remove him at any time would be counter-productive.,..

..As long as he's healthy..he takes every snap...

We all know Collins can play....we saw him play against us last year....

,,,,,,,He seems like a dedicated player man..now with something to prove..

....and his record speaks for itself...he needs time and experince with his new teammates.

To remove him at any time would be counter-productive.,..

..As long as he's healthy..he takes every snap...

I agree to a point...as long as we are mathematically still in the running for the playoffs then by all means go with the guy who gives us the best chance to win...Collins. However, if the time comes when we are mathematically eliminated then I'd say make Painter the starter just to finally give him some extended real-game play time and then they can truly evaluate what he's capable, or not capable, of.