Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's almost criminal for Luck to be in an offense where the pocket doesn't move

GoodLuck

How can you roll out when you oline sucks if luck takes his eyes off the d he will get killed

Well technically the roll out was designed to give a mobile QB the pleasantry of having and open field to scan down and take out bad oline play by segregating himself from the mass of people...  So uh...  in theory he shouldnt get hit as much especially if we run the ball as well as we did out of the same formations... but then again this means we need a play caller who understands this and willing to change.

Arians is a criminal for trying to get Luck killed.

But Luck is so strong headed that he won't stand up to Arians and tell him to dial up some easy slants or screens. 

Hopefully we keep winning and Arians can go off and be the HC of the Eagles or Chiefs and we can bring a decent OC like Norv Turner or Chan Gailey.

Andrew is taking a terrible beating because of our horrible o-line, even when he can pass the ball there are guys draped all over him. This is why his pass completion percentage is so low. When he was at Stanford they had a very good o-line and he had time to throw the ball and his pass completion percentage there was around 70% for all of his 3 years there. Our o-line needs MUST be addressed in the off season, if it isn't Andrew is going to get hurt bad, I'm surprised he hasn't already. In the meantime he needs to rollout more to avoid all the pressure, he has good speed and he throws well on the run, so it makes no sense that he's staying in the pocket and taking a horrible beating thx to our rotten o-line. I don't think Andrew is calling the plays so Arians needs to wake up before it's too late! 

Arians is a criminal for trying to get Luck killed.

But Luck is so strong headed that he won't stand up to Arians and tell him to dial up some easy slants or screens. 

Hopefully we keep winning and Arians can go off and be the HC of the Eagles or Chiefs and we can bring a decent OC like Norv Turner or Chan Gailey.

Has it ever worked out well for a player to stand up to a coach and call him out?  Honestly, that's something players just don't do and if they do they are often viewed as uncoachable.  I don't know if people noticed today but they did try to role Luck a couple of times today and Watt blew it up both times.  Again, the problem goes back to the line not being able to block the other team. 

I liked how luck scored when he moved up in pocket he threw ints on similiar plays in patriots and lions games. Also luck learned from titans game and didn't try to force throw when he was going down

I caught that too he started to go down and you could see him think about throwing it just for a quick second and then tucked it in right away.  Another sign that Luck is learning as he goes. 

I liked how luck scored when he moved up in pocket he threw ints on similiar plays in patriots and lions games. Also luck learned from titans game and didn't try to force throw when he was going down

Yep, learning is the first step to being a good QB. I know he thought about it though, but made the right decisions and took the loss of yardage instead of potential INTs.

Trust me all QB's ask for a better o-line. They weren't the problem. In the first half of the game we fumble on the goal line. Second half instead of shutting up Bruce Arian's gets us a penalty and give Houston an even short field. We lost but those two things killed us. Andrew Luck knows the strengths and weakness of each lineman. There were sometimes when he just need to run and say screw the play. "play to win as a team or lose as a team"

So and so is going to get Luck killed.

Sorry, I've just never said that before, but have seen it repeated 467 trillion times this season and just wanted to join in and see if it made me feel better. Didn't work, just in case you were wondering.

I really wish I had trademarked that quote earlier this season, Good God, I would be rich by now.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Balzer40" data-cid="363217" data-time="1355746473"><p>

So and so is going to get Luck killed.<br />

<br />

Sorry, I've just never said that before, but have seen it repeated 467 trillion times this season and just wanted to join in and see if it made me feel better. Didn't work, just in case you were wondering.<br />

<br />

<br />

I really wish I had trademarked that quote earlier this season, Good God, I would be rich by now.</p></blockquote>

Good point, instead of saying that I guess we could all just simply say that this OL sucks.

haha