Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 12/15

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   10 DAYS UNTIL COLTSMAS !!  :blueshoe: 

The Colts play the Texans in Houston one week after the Texans were humiliated in Foxboro.

Will this game be competitive - OR - will the Texans "smack down" the Colts in order to relieve their frustrations ??

:disco:   Shameless promotion:  Tune in for a new Christmas bonus question EVERY DAY beginning Monday !!  :disco: 

No Satele and no Olsen starting(Shipley in for Satele, Reitz starting), Thats two upgrades. Hopefully thats enough to get the run game going and some short passes to keep Luck out of the emergency room if we can do that then lets hope our Corners can cover somebody. if we can get all that while keeping Foster somewhat in check then who knows what can happen. I dont think this will be that close though

I'm looking at this in a different way. I've noticed that when 98 percent or more of the radio and TV announcers, commentators, talk show hosts, whatever..are all saying there's no chance a team can win a game, it seems that a lot of times, the team with "no chance" actually makes a great game of it, and a lot of times wins...especially if the underdog is a decent team. It doesn't always happen, but it does happen quite often. Few of us Colts fans expected the Colts to be where we are right now, Few thought we'd beat Green Bay...Yes we did get blown out in the first game, and by the Jets and Pats, But, when you have a young team, that has gone through so much adversity and drama, are playing with nothing to lose, are playing for a cause..coming back time after time, again and again, the sky is the limit.

Yes we are hurting, yes our backs are thinning out, yes we have O-Line problems, yes we have defensive issues..but we have more heart, fire, and determination than most teams ever had. Everyone we have stuck in all year long, has surprised us with their outstanding play. Sure there are ups and downs, good and bad games. But each week we grow stronger, get more in tune with each other, and just go out and play. We NEVER give up...and hold our heads high, even in defeat...

Houston is out to prove something this week...They are like the people who line outside the fancy big name clubs, hoping to get in, then rejected at the front door. They are mad, and a lot of times when you play mad, try too hard, it blows up in your face. Other times, playing with that proverbial "chip on your shoulder" is enough to get them through the front door..only time will tell what happens Sunday..But my money is on the young, hungry team...the one we all have come to love more and more with each passing week..The CHUCKSTRONG CARDIAC COLTS!!

(side note)..this is not a Homer Pick..I have seen too many times the sports people's jinx...just remember the 95 Colts playoff run..(double digit underdogs in each playoff game)....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Colt Fan 4 Life" data-cid="360395" data-time="1355611998"><p>

I'm looking at this in a different way. I've noticed that when 98 percent or more of the radio and TV announcers, commentators, talk show hosts, whatever..are all saying there's no chance a team can win a game, it seems that a lot of times, the team with "no chance" actually makes a great game of it, and a lot of times wins...especially if the underdog is a decent team. It doesn't always happen, but it does happen quite often. Few of us Colts fans expected the Colts to be where we are right now, Few thought we'd beat Green Bay...Yes we did get blown out in the first game, and by the Jets and Pats, But, when you have a young team, that has gone through so much adversity and drama, are playing with nothing to lose, are playing for a cause..coming back time after time, again and again, the sky is the limit.<br />

<br />

Yes we are hurting, yes our backs are thinning out, yes we have O-Line problems, yes we have defensive issues..but we have more heart, fire, and determination than most teams ever had. Everyone we have stuck in all year long, has surprised us with their outstanding play. Sure there are ups and downs, good and bad games. But each week we grow stronger, get more in tune with each other, and just go out and play. We NEVER give up...and hold our heads high, even in defeat...<br />

<br />

Houston is out to prove something this week...They are like the people who line outside the fancy big name clubs, hoping to get in, then rejected at the front door. They are mad, and a lot of times when you play mad, try too hard, it blows up in your face. Other times, playing with that proverbial "chip on your shoulder" is enough to get them through the front door..only time will tell what happens Sunday..But my money is on the young, hungry team...the one we all have come to love more and more with each passing week..The CHUCKSTRONG CARDIAC COLTS!!<br />

<br />

(side note)..this is not a Homer Pick..I have seen too many times the sports people's jinx...just remember the 95 Colts playoff run..(double digit underdogs in each playoff game)....</p></blockquote>

I couldn't agree more. The Texans are the team playing scared. Scared of not being elite, scared of another letdown season and most of all, scared that we could potentially be closing their windown before it ever really even opened. Were hungry, talented, and extremely motivated. Win or lose I love being a fan of this team, but it's looking like a bright future awaits.

Hopefully a great game to watch, this could go either way but expect a great contest.  Both teams have an agenda and a need for this to be a win.  This would be a major blow to Houston to lose this one.  Contain Foster and rattle Matt and it could happen.  Only fear on our side is the O line and containing their ends long enough to let Luck set and throw.

Going up against JJ Watt and co. with a paper thin o line where Seth Olsen is considered a viable starter, a vulnerable and inconsistent secondary and a thin and a running back corps thin on talent.

I'd love to say that we can provide an upset. But we are on the road, where we have typically been under par all over the field. I predict Luck ending the game with a few picks and dirty back.

I think we can make this a competitive game but I think it does have the potential to go the way of the Pats game and start getting ugly quickly.

I think we have a good shot at taking this one. We need to get in a Playoffs mindset right now for this game. All hands on deck. Plus, this is a road game & once we land in the Playoffs in a Wildcard slot, we will need to win on the road against anyone and everyone.

The Texans have to reaffirm their toughness as an NFL squad & we have to continue play hard & confirm to the league that we are are for real...Greater than the sum of our parts or just a #1 NFL draft pick in Luck. We are a team not just a lone superstar QB & a package unit of unknown marquee potential clutch players in training. Just go out there Indianapolis & set the gridiron world on fire.  :thmup:

To me, Houstons defense is similar to facing Green Bays defense, only to me the Texans are not nearly as talented as Green Bay is in the secondary.  Green Bay and Houston actually have about the same amount of sacks on opposing quarterbacks.  Green Bay has 35 and the Texans have 37.  When we played Green Bay the boogie man was Clay Matthews, and that didn't turn out as bad as many people thought it would.  I believe he got to Luck maybe once or twice, but it wasn't any where near what all the hype was.  As much as people are hyping up J.J. Watt, I don't think it's going to be as bad as people think. 

People want to scare you with how much blitzing the Texans are supposedly going to do, but I felt Green Bay/Dom Capers bought a heck of a lot of blitzes as well.  Andrew got sacked a couple of times, but he kept fighting and got through it.  He threw some picks in the Green Bay game also. We just have to keep fighting.  I'm sure some things will happen in this game that won't be good, but I think we can get through it as long as it's not pick 6, and turnovers deep in our own territory. Offensively we'll be okay if we can avoid those two things.

I'm pretty sure we'll score on them more than a couple times.  They want to play man to man, but I don't think they have the speed to match us.  I looked over their schedule, and I'm pretty sure we are the fastest team they have faced this year at the WR position.  These guys were playing man to man and getting burnt deep by Brandon Lloyd.  Wait till they try Donnie Avery, T. Y. Hilton, Lavon Brazil.  If they are getting burnt by Brandon Lloyd, then I wouldn't be surprised even if Reggie got one deep.

I think we have a good shot at taking this one. We need to get in a Playoffs mindset right now for this game. All hands on deck. Plus, this is a road game & once we land in the Playoffs in a Wildcard slot, we will need to win on the road against anyone and everyone.

The Texans have to reaffirm their toughness as an NFL squad & we have to continue play hard & confirm to the league that we are are for real...Greater than the sum of our parts or just a #1 NFL draft pick in Luck. We are a team not just a lone superstar QB & a package unit of unknown marquee potential clutch players in training. Just go out there Indianapolis & set the gridiron world on fire.  :thmup:

Well said, Well said sir!