Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We broke Gronks arm

IndyTrav

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2012 - quoting post that's being reviewed
Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2012 - quoting post that's being reviewed

I've never understood the seemingly highbow, invertibrate retorts whenever a player in the NFL gets hurt. Personally I derive a good deal of pleasure out of seeing opponents...especially the one's who deserve it...get hurt.

What exactly has Gronkowski done to deserve getting hurt? Yeah he seems like a bone-head, and bit cocky, but that can be said for quite a few players. I'm not a fan of Gronkowski, and I don't respect him as a player the way I do Brady or Wilfork, but I still don't want to see him getting hurt.

Michael Vick is my most detested player in the NFL, and I don't want to see him get hurt. I wouldn't mind him taking a beating here and there, but I'd rather see him fail than tear an ACL and go to the sideline.

It takes a warped view of the game of football to get enjoyment out of a player getting injured.

As I posted elsewhere, where were the Colt fans complaining about the Colts' running up the score in '03-'04?

2004:

Colts 49, Texans 14.

Colts 51, Titans 24.

2003:

Colts 55, Saints 21.

Colts 38, Falcons 7.

Colts 41, Broncos 10

Some people are kind of well... pathetic at times and sore losers. I mean, the Patriots didn't do anything wrong. It'd be a different story if late in the game, New England is going out in 5 WR sets and throwing deep with the intent to score, that's a * move, as it would be by any team. But a pick six and two rushing Touchdowns? How in the world is that running up the score? They're just playing the game until the end.

As far as those games you mentioned, same idea. Some call it 'running the score up', but I just call it playing. The offense was done scoring by the 3rd quarter (with the exception of 2004 vs. Tennessee). Add on a Touchdown in a few of those games by backup defenders (Hutchins vs. Houston, Freeney vs. New Orleans).

But hey, who doesn't love to see their team running it up in the playoffs? I think that's a completely different story.

And this is what BB gets for trying to run up the score instead of running the clock out. Didn't the same thing happen to welker a year or two ago.

Totally agree with this,it's not the 1st time BB worries more about running up the score than protecting his players. Even my wife asked yesterday..why is Brady still playing with a 30 pt lead???

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2012 - quoting post that's being reviewed
Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2012 - quoting post that's being reviewed

I've never understood the seemingly highbow, invertibrate retorts whenever a player in the NFL gets hurt. Personally I derive a good deal of pleasure out of seeing opponents...especially the one's who deserve it...get hurt.

It's called empathy. Look it up.

Michael Vick is my most detested player in the NFL, and I don't want to see him get hurt. I wouldn't mind him taking a beating here and there, but I'd rather see him fail than tear an ACL and go to the sideline.

I definitely agree w that but yet at the same time I also wouldn't really care if Vick blew his ACL out. I wouldn't jump for joy nor be happy, but I'd probably be like ohh well. On the other hand I definitely wouldn't weep for him also.

I definitely agree w that but yet at the same time I also wouldn't really care if Vick blew his ACL out. I wouldn't jump for joy nor be happy, but I'd probably be like ohh well. On the other hand I definitely wouldn't weep for him also.

It wouldn't break my heart, and I wouldn't shed a tear either, but I find him leading the league in turnovers(at least he was at one point this year), more enjoyable than him getting sidelined for the season.

I'm not a fan of Gronkowski, and I don't respect him as a player the way I do Brady or Wilfork, but I still don't want to see him getting hurt.

Ok.

Michael Vick is my most detested player in the NFL, and I don't want to see him get hurt.

Ok.

It takes a warped view of the game of football to get enjoyment out of a player getting injured.

Ehhh an inductive argument. And one that no doubt is the premise for the highbow, invertibrate perspective I spoke of earlier. This sort of conclusion is, of course, false but....it is a free country. ;)

I watched every second of that game. And not once did I think NE was running up the score.

I mostly agree. I was surprised they were so aggressive on Brady's last possession, but not really. Bottom line is we shot ourselves in the foot. We let routine plays go for scores, we gave up three defensive/special teams touchdowns, and deserved to lose by 35 points.

I actually wish Brady had stayed in and scored another touchdown on us. It was a wake-up call, for sure.

just saying but jeez when will josh chapman play. im anxious 2 see him draw double teams to free up other people i guess.

What is his strength?

What do the Pats do best?

This was not a game for him fully healthy, let alone coming off the PUP list.

Who cares when Josh Chapman will play? He's a rookie. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do, but I don't know why people are so convinced that he's going to fix any of our defensive problems. Again, I hope he can contribute at a high level, but not only is he coming off of a pretty serious injury and tricky recovery, but he's never done anything in the NFL.

After our secondary gets torched, and we screw up royally on special teams, and we turn the ball over four times, I can't understand why anyone is complaining about Josh Chapman not playing.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2012 - under review
Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2012 - under review

note to self; brian casserly is nuts

There are meaningless games in the NFL?

Huh. From what I recall, Colt fans are more or less upset that the Colts didn't go for perfection several years ago, that sitting players and letting rust accrue was a horrible idea.

Or do you disagree with that?

Every single game in the NFL has value to a team, regardless of record. Teams work on new plays, on new schemes, etc. Otherwise, why was Andrew Luck still playing in the blowout yesterday? To get snaps, to work with WRs, etc.

I am not upset by the Colts not going for "perfection".

The patriots in 2007 were a prime example of why I always favored resting starters.

getting snaps for a rookie QB against a very smart defense is completley different then playing Welker in that game. I hate to be cliche but you are comparing apples to oranges.

All of this. I know one thing for certain: if the Colts had done the reverse to the Patriots yesterday, not one single Colt fan here would complain about running up the score.

But I'm sure there would be endless Pats fans saying we ran up the score ;)

Saying a team ran up the score is roughly translated to "I wish they weren't allowed to score so much because this loss is embarrassing" haha

It's just a way for a losing team or someone who dislikes a team to get out a little frustration out. It's no big deal IMO.

Not saying you are, but I wouldn't take it too personally. You guys killed us lol. No two ways about it.

As I posted elsewhere, where were the Colt fans complaining about the Colts' running up the score in '03-'04?

2004:

Colts 49, Texans 14.

Colts 51, Titans 24.

2003:

Colts 55, Saints 21.

Colts 38, Falcons 7.

Colts 41, Broncos 10

Who's complaining? I warned most, and any true Colt fan knows exactly how NE rolls. No hard feelings just blast them the next chance we get. NE and BB are big boys.

And Gronk is on my league leading MONEY league team this blows. He was one of my bell cows.. oh well .