Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shipley should be the starting center

TheJACKCOLT

Satele was pushed into the backfield all day today. Shipley looked better last week, than Satele has at any time this season and Satele was pushed around all day again today. Start Shipley his performance last week earned him a chance to be the starter. When we signed Satele I heard some good thins about him, the biggest knock on him was inconsistency and he has definitley shown that to be true. Shipley played a very good game last week, looked like Saturday when he was still good, even Arians said he didn't care if Satele was back this week or not cause he felt Shipley played a solid game. Shipley should be the starter He's a good technician and stroner at the point of attack than Satele and he out hustles Satele by a long shot, he doesn't spend all day in his own teams backfield like Satele. Let the man play, this is a no brainer, its not even close. I know we spent decent money on Satele but, Shipley showed more in one game than Satele has all season.

I'll agree that Shipley looked better, but the Packers interior linemen aren't at the same level as the Jets. I do think Shipley should get the next start, but it'll never happen since they gave Satele a nice contract, and all but named him the starter when they signed him. Sometimes I feel like the powers that be are too stubborn to say someone else is better than "their" guy, if you know what I mean.

You can't say he should be the center based off one performance.

However, I think it could be good to start giving him reps at guard and see how he does, because McGlynn was the worst out of any of the O-lineman today.

You can't say he should be the center based off one performance....

I wouldnt say we are basing it on one performance.

Satele has been beaten in many games. Every game hes played in I saw him get beat at least once. Many of the times leading to Luck getting clobbered.

I watched every preseason game and I did not think Satele looked good.

Shipley played great in preseason.

Shipley was only given one chance to start in regular season and played well.

Its time to make the change, before Luck is injured.

I'll agree that Shipley looked better, but the Packers interior linemen aren't at the same level as the Jets. I do think Shipley should get the next start, but it'll never happen since they gave Satele a nice contract, and all but named him the starter when they signed him. Sometimes I feel like the powers that be are too stubborn to say someone else is better than "their" guy, if you know what I mean.

Agreed.

At least Seattle is smart enough to realize just because you pay someone a huge contract, doesn't mean you can't admit to your mistake and play the better player.

Of course I mean Russell Wilson/Matt Flynn.