Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 6 Colts Draft

Again, my draft is based on we fix the OL via free agency. I believe to get a quick fix, bringing in solid starters who are proven will be better until we can develop our own guys. Not that we need to go crazy spending on the OL, but a few solid starters wouldnt hurt.

1st round(9th overall pick)- NT/DT Johnathon Hankins, OSU (Getting a dominant DT is paramount in making this defense take the next step to greatness. Hankins can play the Haloti Ngata role as he has been versatile in college playing both DT and DE. We still dont know what we have in Chapman, and even if Chapman proves worthy, we can still keep both in the lineup.)

3rd round- SS Matt Elam, Florida (If he comes out, he could fall to the top of the 3rd. Would be a great compliment to Bethea at safety. Very instictive player.)

Both of them good picks, I'd love to have Hankins but I would prefer Kwame Geathers in the later rounds 3-4

The reason Hankins is SOOO much better than the other NTs other than Star is because he has great size and athleticism for a guy his size. He also has decent pass rush for a NT and is versatile.

Guys like Geathers and Johnathon Jenkins from Georgia are strictly NTs only and dont have any pass rush to them.

What about Texas safety vaccaro or this Rambo safety I haven't watched much tape but I think pagano could really coach it well Ed Reid comes to mind. Solidify the back end then maybe o line in third? Hankins is flying up draft boards I dont think we could touch him at this point

The reason Hankins is SOOO much better than the other NTs other than Star is because he has great size and athleticism for a guy his size. He also has decent pass rush for a NT and is versatile.

Guys like Geathers and Johnathon Jenkins from Georgia are strictly NTs only and dont have any pass rush to them.

I havent got to see Hankins much, 1 game. I still want Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack more. Moala isn't great but is pretty decent as well as Redding

looks like will be picking in the 10-15 range. after the first 4 games the biggest weakness has been tom zbikowski. he's not good vs the run and below average in coverage. remember we we at our best when we had two great safeties in bethea and sanders. i think we should daft ss eric reid the guy is amazing vs the run and above average in coverage. i know the o-line needs some tweeking but we can get someone in free agency and luck is mobile enough to buy more time to make plays. i don't think grigson would pass up on a talent like reid just for a young o-linemen who will take years to develop anyways. chance warmack is talented but so was decastro and he didn't get picked until the mid 20's. eric reid has to be the guy he would have an immediate impact on this team and he and bethea would be the best safety duo in the nfl.

Reid is projected late 1st early 2nd, I like him but I like several O Linemen more and I am tired of watching Luck being forced to by time on almost every other play

I still say pass rush is most important so getting a dominant NT who can pass rush is first priority. If both Hankins and Star are gone, then we should go with someone like Bjoern Werner and then grab a SS like Matt Elam in the 3rd.

I still say pass rush is most important so getting a dominant NT who can pass rush is first priority. If both Hankins and Star are gone, then we should go with someone like Bjoern Werner and then grab a SS like Matt Elam in the 3rd.

Just out of curiosity, because I haven't followed the NFL as closely as others here....

But..... is there really such a thing as a Nose Tackle who can pass rush? Really?

To me that's an oxymoron... you know, like Jumbo-Shrimp, honest politician, military intelligence.... (you get the idea)

I don't think Star, or Hankins or Jenkins are also quality pass rushers. They may be above average, but what they do against college offensive lineman is one thing, what they do against NFL lineman is another.

I'm fine if we find another quality NT in the 3rd or 4th round.

Why is everyone sold on getting a nose Tackle already. Why not give Josh Chapman a Chance to prove what he can do before we go just picking nose tackle for the 2nd year in a row.

because lotulelei and hankins are ends in a 34

because lotulelei and hankins are ends in a 34

Every time I've seen Lotulelei play he's been right over the nose.

Can he play end in a 3-4? Yes, I know he's done it on the college level, though it's not his primary position.

I just don't know that I want him doing it as his primary position on the pro level. Maybe, but I'd have to see much more of him before knowing that.

Every time I've seen Lotulelei play he's been right over the nose.

Can he play end in a 3-4? Yes, I know he's done it on the college level, though it's not his primary position.

I just don't know that I want him doing it as his primary position on the pro level. Maybe, but I'd have to see much more of him before knowing that.

i'm just saying that's what they would be playing with the colts and most 34's in the nfl....as ngata does with the ravens.

Star was drawing double and triple teams consistently today at Nose but I dont recall him playing DE and from what I saw he plays 4-3 only but I'd like to see what he can do against someone like Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack before I come away that impressed

Star was drawing double and triple teams consistently today at Nose but I dont recall him playing DE and from what I saw he plays 4-3 only but I'd like to see what he can do against someone like Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack before I come away that impressed

he obv doesn't play end in college, but he could in the pros in a 3-4 defense

Im sure Star could play very well in a 3-4 DE actually, he has the size and strength, he needs to improve awareness in my opinion but he has the physical skills no doubt to play 2 Gaps at DE and collapse the pocket although I do like Moala as a 3 Tech I think he does a very good job of attacking the B Gap well as well as chasing plays down and locating the ball

Im sure Star could play very well in a 3-4 DE actually, he has the size and strength, he needs to improve awareness in my opinion but he has the physical skills no doubt to play 2 Gaps at DE and collapse the pocket although I do like Moala as a 3 Tech I think he does a very good job of attacking the B Gap well as well as chasing plays down and locating the ball

im really on the draft star train

Because he is hopefully our future ngata or watt

I'd rather get a potential elite Guard that can open up holes in the run game or RT, we can get someone like Margus Hunt in the mid rounds

Me too. look how good our offense can be now, If we get a Offensive line, Luck and the Offensive could possibly have a top 3 offense in the NFL. Plus going guard in first gives us the chance to trade down and pick up a 2nd round pick hopefully.

Plus going guard in first gives us the chance to trade down and pick up a 2nd round pick hopefully.

That may be the best-case scenario in the long run. I could also see OLB being a big priority assuming Freeney leaves next off-season, or OT if the right one is there.

we can get someone like Margus Hunt in the mid rounds

Hunt is pretty intriguing... I've seen him go as high as the 2nd round in looking at the mock drafts.