Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The "business decision" is working.

subvet

Yes, they are 2-2 but except for a last minute bomb against Jville, they'd be 3-1.

The new look Colts are making me miss some of the familiar names less and less with a combination of solid defense and an offense that shows experience from the vets and a quick learning curve from the new teammates. I am impressed with the seasoned veteran attitude Andrew Luck displays when pressed, and that attitude shows he trusts his line to protect him and allow precious seconds to get the ball where it needs to be.

Yeah, I was pretty vocal about the fiasco last year and though I supported the team I had regrets and doubts for the future. The doubts are getting smaller with every game and I eagerly look forward to the remainder of the season and the growth of this young team into a potential contender in a shorter time than I gave them credit for. As for regrets, there will always be some but they too fade a little more each week.

Now if I could only convince the South Bend TV affiliates to show their games every week, listening to the game today on the radio was ok but.......

Go Colts!

I look at it this way: Unfortunately change is inevitable. I'm glad that Irsay recognized that change was just around the corner for the Colts and decided to do something about it. I know some folks will not agree with me, but that's how I choose to look at it. I'm more excited about the Colts this year than last, that's for sure.

To an extent, I like the fact that this year is like playing with house money. So, I am enjoying the ride, win or lose!!! If we lose, it does not bother me as much as I have chalked this year as a possible rebuilding year. This win however does make me feel like this year is going to be a roller coaster - losing to teams we are not supposed to lose (Jags) and beating teams we are not supposed to beat (Vikes, Packers???). Currently, this team is a pleasant enigma. :)

With another offseason and more acquisitions, our expectations will get higher. But I will enjoy this as long as some wins keep happening.

Just like it was too early this past summer to decide Irsay made a bad decision, it's probably too early to say it was a good one now...

But as i said all summer: Regardless of how it all turns out, I think Irsay has cahones of steel, and he made the decision he felt was best for this team.

I'm certainly enjoying the ride at the moment!

Jim Irsay made the right decision and the turnover of player and coaching personnel was completely justified. Andrew Luck is legitimate, the defense is improving, and our special teams looks capable and relevant for once. Peyton Manning landed in a darn good city with a solid team and excellent leadership with Bowlen, Elway, and Fox. I never him in San Francisco not in a million years. Jim Harbaugh is a fine coach but his foolish antics drive me nuts...Complaining about referee calls in the NFC Championship calls last season and claiming that the 49ers weren't interested in securing #18's talents for their roster. :facepalm: :slaphead: Yeah right Jim. What a load of crap. :funny::lol: Who cares if QB Alex Smith might be hurt or offended. Suck it up and grow a pair Alex!

In any case, the Indianapolis Colts have a great new HC in Pagano, a smart OC in Arians, a frugal and smart GM in Grigson, a class owner in Irsay, and money to spend in 2013. The Horseshoe is definitely pointing up IMO.

Irsay has some major foresight, I'll give him that. He made the hard decisions and stuck to his guns.

Grigson is doing very well with what he has to work with.

Imagine next year when we actually have money to spend instead of it being all wrapped up in hurt players that aren't here anymore.

I said this yesterday. Irsay, and to a lesser extent Grigson, had three tremendously huge decisions to make to map the course for the future of our franchise. He recognized a draft pick of the decade was before him. A QB to build a future perinneal super bowl contender out of. Very tough to say goodbye to an aging, injured GOAT. Tough to say goodbye to a HOF executive. Tough to turn down entire sets of draft picks, future first round picks offered for Luck. Fairly easy to pick Luck over Griffin but still had to make a decision. He got them all right. Future if very bright.

Yes, they are 2-2 but except for a last minute bomb against Jville, they'd be 3-1.

The new look Colts are making me miss some of the familiar names less and less with a combination of solid defense and an offense that shows experience from the vets and a quick learning curve from the new teammates. I am impressed with the seasoned veteran attitude Andrew Luck displays when pressed, and that attitude shows he trusts his line to protect him and allow precious seconds to get the ball where it needs to be.

Yeah, I was pretty vocal about the fiasco last year and though I supported the team I had regrets and doubts for the future. The doubts are getting smaller with every game and I eagerly look forward to the remainder of the season and the growth of this young team into a potential contender in a shorter time than I gave them credit for. As for regrets, there will always be some but they too fade a little more each week.

Now if I could only convince the South Bend TV affiliates to show their games every week, listening to the game today on the radio was ok but.......

Go Colts!

If you've got a Buffalo Wild Wings near by you may want to take a trip. I watch all the Colts games there.

I had to sit between 2 Green Bay fans who were letting me have it, but I walked out of there with a HUGE

smile on my face, while the cheese was melting off the top of their heads! :number1::applause:

Go Colts!

My brother lives in Plymouth and gets the sunday ticket just because of South Bend stations not playing all the colts games. But like Krunk said you can catch the game at Bdubs if need be.